AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

So, finally took the plunge here.  Been working on my first army and getting it ready for a local GT.  One of the folks at my LGS decided he’d rather play Kruelboyz instead of Slaanesh.  I had a few units that I could have used to expand my first army(Ironjawz) into big Waagh…. But decided to swap them for a few pieces of Slaanesh to get myself started.  

indo not have the tome yet, it’s on order but figured I’d see if anyone here had advice on where to look to build out this group of units into making a serviceable list.  I do not need to be ultra competitive, I just don’t want to be conceding before the end of 3.

the units I got are 2 start collecting daemons on sprue, dexcessa on sprue, contorted, enchantress, 15 seekers, and 3 fiends.

questions I immediately have are:

can Dexcessa be built as the caster variant?  I feel like that’s stronger, but I could be wrong.

best build for the SC chariots?

I have Sigvald and a Keeper already ordered at the LGS as I love their models.  I know I need to get the Fane.  Any other staples I’m missing?  Any suggestions on how to get this shaped into a decent army for friendly games?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeeTee said:

So, finally took the plunge here.  Been working on my first army and getting it ready for a local GT.  One of the folks at my LGS decided he’d rather play Kruelboyz instead of Slaanesh.  I had a few units that I could have used to expand my first army(Ironjawz) into big Waagh…. But decided to swap them for a few pieces of Slaanesh to get myself started.  

indo not have the tome yet, it’s on order but figured I’d see if anyone here had advice on where to look to build out this group of units into making a serviceable list.  I do not need to be ultra competitive, I just don’t want to be conceding before the end of 3.

the units I got are 2 start collecting daemons on sprue, dexcessa on sprue, contorted, enchantress, 15 seekers, and 3 fiends.

can Dexcessa be built as the caster variant?  I feel like that’s stronger, but I could be wrong.

I have Sigvald and a Keeper already ordered at the LGS as I love their models.  I know I need to get the Fane.  Any other staples I’m missing?  Any suggestions on how to get this shaped into a decent army for friendly games?

Welcome to the HoS group. First thing you re going to need are 3 battlelines. Daemonettes while great to summon are very bad at 140pts for 10

You ll want more deamonettes to summon however 20 from the 2 start collecting won t be enough. 40 is probably a good number

Hellstriders are you best pick for your battlelines maybe you can convert those seekers you got into hellstriders you won t need 15 seekers. If you play godseekers, you can also build the regular chariots and field those as your battleline! But with Sigvald you ll probably should play Lurid Haze to teleport him turn 1 in the enemy line

The vice leader on exalted chariot is a  good hero but a pain to put together and takes twice the footprint of the regular chariot base provided for it! Again maybe a conversion can help to make it fit its base

If dexcessa is new in box, it can be build as Synessa currently considered the better half of the twins in game

What s an enchantress?  Is it the enrapturess? If so it s a good summon or even bring 1 to start and summon more as needed ( I normally start with 1 in my list and have 2 more available for summoning)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BeeTee said:

With what you have (some of this I was beaten to, but I'll restate it for my own benefit)...

If its the full Dexcessa kit, its also Synessa.  Build Synessa, she's 'better' in that she really works well with the factions mechanics.

The Start Collectings, if I recall, come with an 'exalted' chariot kit, which is just 2 chariot kits assembled together.  The Exalted Chariot is AMAZING, maybe our best combat model, but the normal chariots can be battleline in Godseekers - which is IMO, the best faction other than Lurid Haze + Shenanigans.  I'd do 2 seeker chariots and 1 exalted if thats how it works out.  If you want to fill all 3 battleline from those boxes, it may actually be better to do 3 seeker chariots than to run 10 daemonettes to fill the slot at their current cost... but you probably wont suffer that much more by doing 2 seeker chariots and 10 daemonettes as 3 battleline.

Fiends are 'fine' so far as I know, they're not necessarily great but they aren't dead weight like say, Slaangors, where they have nothing at all to offer.

It sounds like you're going to end up with a TON of seekers - 15, plus the SC's are 10 more.  They aren't awful, but they're also not amazing or anything either.  They aren't my preferred summon, but they will be functional as such.

Contorted Epitome is a finesse, hard to use model but I think it has serious play.  Its a great vehicle for Flaming Weapon, it has a great buff spell for your army, and its a good choice for dropping burning heads on your own units for DP.  The Enrapturess is one that is good for generating DP, hurting itself in your backfield on the Fane for DP, and for its anti-magic benefits (note that its about half as good as you'd hope it would be, as it will frustratingly reroll opponents totally unbindable rolls into ones that you can't unbind except on an 11-12 quite frequently).  

As far as playing to the factions mechanics go and generating DP, I'd personally suggest some blissbarbs (archers are battleline, seekers I think are better if you can fit them).  Ranged attacks are very good for getting wounds out there, and if you pile them on to a single target their damage is bad but its not THAT bad, and they can often focus a soft target to death if you need them to.

• Like 1

I've been thinking of playing around a bit with Hedonites and trying to learn Bill Souza's list as it seems quite strong.

One question though -- how far do you guys typically go in using Burning Head to damage your own stuff? To get the most of it on turn 1 you really need to deploy with it in mind, so how many units do you typically try to hit with it?

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 11:47 PM, KrispyXIV said:

As far as playing to the factions mechanics go and generating DP, I'd personally suggest some blissbarbs (archers are battleline, seekers I think are better if you can fit them).  Ranged attacks are very good for getting wounds out there, and if you pile them on to a single target their damage is bad but its not THAT bad, and they can often focus a soft target to death if you need them to.

Im curious about blissbarb archers + mindstealer sphiranx + dark delusions + acquiescence. If it goes off, that's 10 shots per unit hitting on 3s rerolling 1s, wounding on 3s, rend 1 damage 1 which doesnt seem bad for picking off support pieces and degrading profiles. With 20 shots youll get about 16 hits, 11 wounds, 5-6 damage against a 3+ save. It's not going to wipe out an army, but it could have a nifty impact. And it's not like youre sinking a bunch of stuff into just those archers, all 3 of the "addons" to them also help out your close combat units. Of course, you would weigh it up against spreading the damage out for more DPs.

Edited by JackOfBlades

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

I've been thinking of playing around a bit with Hedonites and trying to learn Bill Souza's list as it seems quite strong.

One question though -- how far do you guys typically go in using Burning Head to damage your own stuff? To get the most of it on turn 1 you really need to deploy with it in mind, so how many units do you typically try to hit with it?

I've gotten about 5-6 before, without it feeling too painful - 2 cockatrices, 2-3 blissbarb seekers, and the caster.  The key is making sure that the caster also isn't the hero I intend to hurt themself to the Fane, or Damned terrain...

16 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

I've gotten about 5-6 before, without it feeling too painful - 2 cockatrices, 2-3 blissbarb seekers, and the caster.  The key is making sure that the caster also isn't the hero I intend to hurt themself to the Fane, or Damned terrain...

The chaos spawn has to be the number one target, right? Also curious as to why hurt the seekers instead of the hellstriders as losing one of those is basically negligible.

2 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

The chaos spawn has to be the number one target, right? Also curious as to why hurt the seekers instead of the hellstriders as losing one of those is basically negligible.

Its impossible to kill a blissbarb seeker with it, is more or less the long and short of it.  I'm running them anyway, because they do work and don't die super easy - and d3 MW won't reduce their offense on the most important turn of their lives (the first one).

While the STD thread is already decrying the new cultists warscrolls on Warhammer Community today, I'm looking at them in the lens of cheap allies for Hedonites...

Spider dudes are 110 points for 13 wounds, who regenerate d3 of those every turn - which seems ideal for hitting with burning head or damned terrain for easy DP gen at reasonable cost, that is self sustaining. 

The darkoath guys are 100 points of... pure efficiency, imo.  They're nearly as tough as daemonettes, and hit way, way, way harder.  Probably way above what you'd typically expect from an unsupported 100 point screen unit.  

I dont know if either is mind blowing, but both seem like solid options that may have some play to me as ally choices.  

• Like 2

Been quiet on here as not gotten a game in for a little bit with the joys of Covid and lots of extra work. But been keen to try something along the lines of the below as a cross between stuff that we've seen have some success and some bits that I've been enjoying using and finally got to use it against a Maggotkin army (probably last ride for the current book)

Godseekers

Prized Sorcery

Battle Regiment

Glutos - Judgement of Excess

Infernal Enrapturess

5 Hellstriders

5 Hellstriders

Battle Regiment

Keeper - Amulet of Destiny, Slothful Stupor

Contorted Epistomeb - Flaming Weapon, Speed-Chaser

11 Blissbarb Archers

11 Blissbarb Archers

Mesmerising Mirror

My Opponent played

Rotigus

Great Unclean One

Great Unclean One

The Glottkin

Plague Priest

Sloppity Bilepiper

10 Plaguebearers

10 Plaguebearers

10 Plaguebearers

I won't do a full battle report but we ended up playing the Vice and some recap and some conclusions below.

I have mixed feelings about The Vice from a Hedonites perspective in the couple of games we've had this one come up. Playing on the narrower, longer deployment and with the objectives starting in the corners impacts the beginning phases of the game substantially. As deployment tends to end up quite deep in each half and also quite a wide spread (but over a narrower space) this means the speed of units like the Hellstriders becomes more useful in one sense but I've tended to find it difficult to flank with that speed as there's a need to concentrate objective holders wider out. The other big impact is some of the 'easier' Battle Tactics in other battleplans become tricky or impossible as there are no neutral objectives and the objectives your opponent holds are usually behind their strength. Lurid Haze can potentially do some more here to counter that although if I did have ambushing units I think it'd actually exacerbate things as a savvy opponent will just hold back until the objectives move up rather than capping and moving on.

As it was I deployed the Hellstriders to hold objectives in the corners so they could then quickly catch up to the main battleline after the objective was claimed. The Contorted Epitome and a unit of Blissbarbs went on my left flank, I refused my right flank (other than the corner Hellstriders that side) and the Keeper, Glutos, Enrapturess and second Blissbarb unit deployed just back from the line in my centre in a bit of a funnel created by the scenery and faction terrain aligning there.

I know the Nurgle force had some boosted movement plus the run and charge when catapulting off their tree so weren't slouces but equally they weren't shifting anywhere near as fast as I could when needed. As I'd made sure to be pulled back a little for range on spells etc I let my opponent go first and they went first in the second battle round so up until my 2nd turn it was mostly skirmishing with his Plaguebearers pushing up towards the centerline, one unit on each flank and one through the middle. Rotigus was making his way up the flank I had refused. My Blissbarbs and the Infernal Enrapturess did some work chipping away at Plaguebearers on the left and centre for some depravity.

I used the Mesmerising Mirror in my last game but had been set to use it in its old form instead of the new so fluffed it all up. For this game it was phenomena for chipping away and filling the depravity reserves and just forcing my opponent to have to react. My turn 2 began with the Contorted Epitome managing to drop this in the sweet spot where it would trigger Gaze Not Into Its Depths on the 2 GUOs and the Glottkin and cause a Mortal Wound on each which whilst I knew they'd be healed back up was some welcome Depravity and it would do further when they pushed up as my opponent was unlikely to want to keep so many expensive monsters as a rearguard! It was dispelled by my opponent in their 3rd turn and put back down in mine in a similar location to similar effect but the next time as things were packed in with combats Gaze Not Into Its Depths killed the Plague Priest outright. It was also a really useful blocking tool as the big bases of the Glottkin and Great Unclean ones and the placement of scenery and faction terrain meant I was able to bottleneck stuff really well. Mileage may vary but certainly against my opponent's list that seemed to be about multiple overlapping auras, spells and command abilities it was very useful as there were always at least 3 heroes in range for it and the Depravity generated was crucial.

Rotigus only managed to get Deluge of Nurgle off the once all game but it again contributed tremendously to my Depravity total so I was very grateful to Uncle Nurgle for his bountiful gifts.

Rotigus being on my refused flank ended up being pretty key to my eventual victory (spoilers!) My opponent had obviously planned to tip the game in their favour by putting a significant amount of presence over that side and flipping my objective to be able to extend a bit of a lead on the VP instead my Hellstriders conga-lined in front of the big boi and his Plaguebearers and just held them up so that they never got involved and my Blissbarbs moved across to ping some depravity off of them.

Glutos led a charmed life in this one. He spent a fair amount of time on his last wound in the end but I'd accepted I'd lost him so focused my efforts instead on preserving my remaining characters. Although not before going for the Hail Mary on Gorge on Excess on a Great Unclean One. I knew the Keeper would need to make him fight twice so that the GUO could go down to the second batch of swings so I'd be able to claw back a few wounds at least. My concern was he wouldn't manage to actually finish him off even with the some help from Blissbarbs. So, inevitably Glutos rolled well and my opponent rolled horribly and he killed the GUO exactly with his first activation. As I say, just kept him as an annoyance after that but the combination of other threats going in and my opponent not wanting to waste too many resources meant he ended up surviving on 1 wound when the game was called.

With so many monsters, Fiends were my go-to summon. They did exactly what I needed them to. One unit tied up the Glottkin to keep them away from the centre and the other unit helped the Keeper finish off the second generic GUO. I'm glad there is a use for them even if it's just toolbox summon as they're some of my favourite minis!

The Contorted Epitome was quite interesting to use. Haven't played with them since the last book before the serial nerfing.  In the end for this game the Epitome ended up only fighting Plaguebearers. I had been prepared to send them into the Glottkin but in turn 4 I needed to have them help me score Savage Spearhead and decided not to risk them in combat. Horrible Fascination worked well at frustrating my opponent as the Plaguebearers that charged it were instead forced to fight Blissbarb archers but also the Locus of Diversion meant they couldn't do that effectively and Glottkin was delayed because the Plaguebearers added to the obstruction that my Blissbarbs and Epitome started. Otherwise the 2+ ward seemed to put my opponent off of targeting them for the Battle Tactic through other means.

The Keeper of Secrets did a job. Mostly it was letting Glutos fight twice regularly but it also contributed with a well timed Slothful Stupor to leave the second GUO unable to boost itself to win or survive its combats. It was targeted for Bring it Down so I ended up using Redeploy to move it back behind Glutos so there was no room for any of the Nurgle Big Nasties to reach it but that kept it as an observer so it dropped back a little further to grab Monstrous Takeover before it pushed back up to finish the second GUO and hold the objective once we were down to the one. After that my opponent called it as they were going to struggle to shift me and would have been chasing for their 4th and 5th turns with very little options left for Battle Tactics to score.

The Infernal Enrapturess didn't do a huge amount but between healing themselves with their heroic action and taking wounds of the fane and getting some depravity from shooting it certainly contributed to the overall effort. As ever the only time the reroll to casting from it actually made a difference was taking a casting roll of 5 up to 11. Don!

• Like 1

I've played a few games with Bill's list and I have no idea how he went 5-0 with it. Clearly I'm missing something important (and obviously he is a lot better player than I am), because so far every game that I've played was a complete blowout.

The list has next to no damage output, gets utterly annihilated by shooting, and doesn't have long enough range to avoid giving your opponents plenty of chances to get longball charges into your units. Double pile-ins make screening very difficult.

The depravity generation is OK, but not enough to summon before turn 3 with any kind of regularity.

The cockatrices are good for scoring extra VP but they also hand extra VP to your opponent easily and their damage is super unreliable.

Just seems like in a meta where melee armies have 20"+ threat ranges on a regular basis and shooting armies typically have 24-40" threat ranges there isn't much room for an army like this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I've played a few games with Bill's list and I have no idea how he went 5-0 with it. Clearly I'm missing something important (and obviously he is a lot better player than I am), because so far every game that I've played was a complete blowout.

The list has next to no damage output, gets utterly annihilated by shooting, and doesn't have long enough range to avoid giving your opponents plenty of chances to get longball charges into your units. Double pile-ins make screening very difficult.

The depravity generation is OK, but not enough to summon before turn 3 with any kind of regularity.

The cockatrices are good for scoring extra VP but they also hand extra VP to your opponent easily and their damage is super unreliable.

Just seems like in a meta where melee armies have 20"+ threat ranges on a regular basis and shooting armies typically have 24-40" threat ranges there isn't much room for an army like this.

What are you playing into?

I didn't play the same list - but I have tried elements of it, and its not done too terribly for me.  The key feels like avoiding serious engagement for a turn or two, summoning on turn 2 (you should be able to generate 4-6 or so DP on your turn reliably, just from self harm in most cases) and 3, and attempting to secure constant inflow of point and an eventual attrition advantage.

In a pinch, your blissbarbs and cockcatrices and synessa should be able to pile enough damage onto a squishy target of opportunity to remove it if necessary.

A lot of melee has good range, but between redeploy and a couple of decent screens in hellstriders, you should be able to stagger engagement and hopefully avoid the double pile in.  

I've not won more than 50% with my variations utilizing its style, but i've had zero blowouts other than a game against an absolutely filthy cities irondrakes list - and I've had decent luck against IJ.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

What are you playing into?

I didn't play the same list - but I have tried elements of it, and its not done too terribly for me.  The key feels like avoiding serious engagement for a turn or two, summoning on turn 2 (you should be able to generate 4-6 or so DP on your turn reliably, just from self harm in most cases) and 3, and attempting to secure constant inflow of point and an eventual attrition advantage.

In a pinch, your blissbarbs and cockcatrices and synessa should be able to pile enough damage onto a squishy target of opportunity to remove it if necessary.

A lot of melee has good range, but between redeploy and a couple of decent screens in hellstriders, you should be able to stagger engagement and hopefully avoid the double pile in.  

I've not won more than 50% with my variations utilizing its style, but i've had zero blowouts other than a game against an absolutely filthy cities irondrakes list - and I've had decent luck against IJ.  

So far I've played against the new Archaon Slaves to Darkness list which is quite gross. Archaon + chaos lord + sorcerer + warshrine +2x varanguard + 2x iron golems. The double pile-ins from the chaos lord (on anything) and Varanguard (built in) make screening difficult. I badly misplayed that game and probably could have made it interesting though. I also played against a Sylvaneth list where I probably could have done a bit better but it still seemed very uphill.

I'm also thinking through how games would go against typical Teclis 40-60 sentinels lists, Helon 3-4 fox lists, irondrakes lists, big yellers 18+ boltboyz, KO, 12 stormdrake guard, judicator spam, morathi + bowsnakes, bloodtoofs gore grunta spam, etc.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:51 PM, LeonBox said:

This passed me by until recently (thinking about running a Godseeker host just for a change) but has anyone realised how pointless this artefact now is? 

image.png.1574a36ac23e943b415b1e2ec67d9515.png

image.png.95367767cf5193a550c94babe997424e.png

There's now no point in Locus'ing a hero at all given its range is only 1", but clearly they didn't look at this artefact at all when rewriting the battletome.  

This artefact is still broken with no fix, right? In that case someone should ask GW if they know about it. It would seem odd that a professional product would contain such an error for so long without getting errata'ed.

Edited by JackOfBlades
  • Like 2

I sent this email to the AoS FAQ team now:

Hello, i wonder if the current wording for the Breathtaker artefact (Hedonites of Slaanesh, Pretenders subfaction) is intentional and up to date.

I believe the current wording seems obsolete and may be in need of an update. When you read what the Breathtaker artefact does, and then read what the Locus of Diversion does that it interacts with, you realise that the artefact effectively does not have any effect. It can only target HEROES that are already in base contact with the bearer, and thus do not need to pile in. The current Locus of Diversion ability (as opposed to the old one) seems intended to be targeted on multiple-model units, not single heroes. The artefact also refers to a 6'' range, whereas that ability itself actually has a 1'' range, which again seems odd and a possible oversight.

Overall, it seems like the Locus of Diversion that the artefact interacts with was changed in the newest battletome, but the item itself was not updated to reflect that and it now has essentially no effect.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i hope it was of use.

Hopefully they will fix it. A small step, but  certainly a morale boost 😉

Edited by JackOfBlades
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JackOfBlades said:

sent this email to the AoS FAQ team now:

Hello, i wonder if the current wording for the Breathtaker artefact (Hedonites of Slaanesh, Pretenders subfaction) is intentional and up to date.

I believe the current wording seems obsolete and may be in need of an update. When you read what the Breathtaker artefact does, and then read what the Locus of Diversion does that it interacts with, you realise that the artefact effectively does not have any effect. It can only target HEROES that are already in base contact with the bearer, and thus do not need to pile in. The current Locus of Diversion ability (as opposed to the old one) seems intended to be targeted on multiple-model units, not single heroes. The artefact also refers to a 6'' range, whereas that ability itself actually has a 1'' range, which again seems odd and a possible oversight.

Overall, it seems like the Locus of Diversion that the artefact interacts with was changed in the newest battletome, but the item itself was not updated to reflect that and it now has essentially no effect.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i hope it was of use.

Hopefully they will fix it. A small step, but  certainly a morale boost 😉

Hej they will say it is okay so, because u can Prevent a enemy Hero to pile in an be in range to some "weaker" Units ner the Slaanesh Hero who carry this Artefact (Breathtaker).

So lets be honest they will not fix this Artefact and they will not fix Slaanesh at All. We just can wait for next jear and next big Pointchanges.

Make everything 10-25% cheaper and Slaanesh is a good T2-T3 Army to Play. At the Moment it is One of the weakes Army in AoS.

The Breathtaker Artefact is the smallest Problem from this Fraction.

With the Slaanesh SC not on this page, I wonder if we will get a Vanguard box soon - hopefully with mortals...

IMG-20211112-WA0000.jpg.2456c6e3e894d6667834814cb4875d1e.jpg

Of course, it could just be that they've left us off as our SC isn't exactly exciting (with older models and no proper 'big' model in it), and we're not the only ones missing (Tzeentch isn't there either). But it may be a sign of something.

4 hours ago, Enoby said:

With the Slaanesh SC not on this page, I wonder if we will get a Vanguard box soon - hopefully with mortals...

IMG-20211112-WA0000.jpg.2456c6e3e894d6667834814cb4875d1e.jpg

Of course, it could just be that they've left us off as our SC isn't exactly exciting (with older models and no proper 'big' model in it), and we're not the only ones missing (Tzeentch isn't there either). But it may be a sign of something.

Unless I’m blind Daemons of Khorne also aren’t there. If that’s the case then I would suspect they just omitted all the daemon boxes for whatever reason. Likely because they’re not marked with their armies name and don’t want to “confuse” new players with boxes without an army name, but then again they have Skinks and Cities so likely just a whatever reason. 

In my experience GW works like a machine. You can see patterns and overlaps everywhere. Space Marines and Necrons released together a couple months after the new edition. They didn’t get Combat Patrols for about 8 months. Stormcast and Orruks didn’t get Battletomes for a couple months after the edition launch. They currently don’t have Vanguard boxes. If you ignore the Space Marine supplement books, 40K got one release in the same year beyond the two starter armies. AoS is getting the same amount. This leads me to believe we won’t see a Vanguard box for any army without a 3.0 book. And we can expect the Stormcast and Orruk Vanguard box sometime between March and May. 

• Like 1

Starting to buy more parts of my slaanesh army but before I do so I borrowed some models and got a game in to see how my list plays out. Ended up playing tooth & nail vs Coalesced Seraphon with this list

Godseekers

The Conforted Eptiome
-General
-Speed Chaser
-Enrapturing Circlet
-Spell 1: Phantasmagoria
-Spell 2: Soulslice Shards

-Command Entourage: Magnificent

Synessa

Infernal Enrapturess

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch
-Spell 1: Flaming Weapon
-Spell 2: Ghost Mist

Magister

-Spell 1: Flaming Weapon
-Spell 2: Levitate

30x Gors
-Two Gor Blades
-Hunters of the Heartland 1

11 Blissbarb Archers

11 Blissbarb Archers
-Hunters of the Heartland 2

11 Blissbarb Archers

The Burning Head
Mesmerizing Mirror

Dreadful Visige

The idea of the list was to blow myself up with burning head turn 1 then basically finesse the army through the first turn or 2 before bringing down 30 blocks of daemonnetes or a soulfeaster keeper of secrets. I also brought the Gaunt Summoner and the Magister as they held their own with damage output spells but both could also summon units in for some more depravity generation For the most part, I did this in the game and by end of turn 1 I had 14 depravity (his comets call was a chefs kiss). I also was able to drop the mirror right next to his general and got 9 mortal wounds out of it and was able to take his general off the board by the end of turn 1. 

Its a way different army play style wise compared to my ogors so I think at times I got too cute with positioning and stopped trying to play objectives as much. It got to a point where I would barely win if we got to turn 5 but it was A. not guaranteed and b. we didnt have time to pump out turn 5. Either way though the game was basically meant to see if the list worked and didnt get rolled over.

The Gors as a chaff wall was actually surprisingly effective for their point cost. I ran the two gor blades because I have a friend giving me free gors with that loadout but I think I may end up buying new or converting shields on them because they can save really well and lasted the whole game on the board

Anyways does anyone have any suggestions on where to take the list? I think im pretty happy with where I'm at with it but im open to some suggestions. 

Also when I summon in a wizard such as a keeper or an epitome do I get to pick spells for them? If so, does the extra spell enhancement work on them as well?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Schauer said:

30x Gors
-Two Gor Blades

11 Blissbarb Archers

11 Blissbarb Archers

11 Blissbarb Archers

Just a detail, you cannot have more than one Hunters of the Heartlands battalion: "you cannot include the same core battalion from those shown below more than once in your army". Only the ones in the core rules have an unrestricted quantity.

Edited by JackOfBlades
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JackOfBlades said:

Just a detail, you cannot have more than one Hunters of the Heartlands battalion: "you cannot include the same core battalion from those shown below more than once in your army". Only the ones in the core rules have an unrestricted quantity.

Ah good to know. Guess one of the blissbarbs will be the unlucky ones to get stomped on! 😁

One thing I would recommend to those interested in our place in the meta is sending the survey results, as well as their (as in GW's) own Meta results, to the AoS FAQ email. They should be writing the December FAQ soon, so giving them a gentle reminder may sway a bit more attention our way.  

At least we know that they know we perform poorly, and they should know fan reception is very mixed. With any luck, we should see some reletively large changes this next FAQ. 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 4:39 PM, Schauer said:

Ended up playing tooth & nail vs Coalesced Seraphon with this list

Ähm sry but what was the List of Your Opponin ?! 

Jes u can make Many DP with this List but against a normal Serra List u Need reaaaaaally big Luck to get out Spells (+2 or +3 for Banne from the Slann on the other side) AND the Serra will Shoot your Army down in 1 Turn so... ?!?!

But okay...

On 11/14/2021 at 4:39 PM, Schauer said:

Also when I summon in a wizard such as a keeper or an epitome do I get to pick spells for them? If so, does the extra spell enhancement work on them as well?

Jes and I would say " No" (to 2ten)

Well,
I have a small HoS Collection and would like to field them with my Slaves to Darkness.
Is there a legitimate way to build an army without being tabled against even the worst lists?

Here's what I own:

2x3 Fiends
1x Syll'esske
1x Keeper of Secrets
1x Slickblade Seekers
1x Slaanesh Terrain
1x Enrapturess
10x Deamonettes
5x Hellstriders/Hell hunters (don't know the english name for the nose-bear thingyies)

I intend to proxy my chaos Warriors as Twinsouls (5 Models) or Myrmidesh (25 Models)
Apart from that I have pretty much everything the Slaves Range has to offer except the Mutalith ans its Khorne counterpart and Chariots 

Edited by JackStreicher