AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

2 hours ago, The World Tree said:

Any tips on painting Blissbarbs? Really struggling with a tester.

They're pretty fiddly, yeah, lots of small detail.  It's hard to give general painting tips as I don't know anything about your style and method!  I did them 5 at a time production-line style, but I can't say I'd especially recommend doing that unless you're used to that process!

Blocking in the main colours on each model first and then coming back to pick out all the trinkets and baubles in one batch might make it less daunting.

Do you guys think the forgeworld keeper is now worth its points or summoning at 385pts or 12 depravity?

It can generate an additionnal d3 depravity when fighting heroes but does not have the keeper CA.

I think it may have a place?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Do you guys think the forgeworld keeper is now worth its points or summoning at 385pts or 12 depravity?

It can generate an additionnal d3 depravity when fighting heroes but does not have the keeper CA.

It's definitely something for if you want a less supportive keeper.  I think the hand was the most generally useful weapon option, and the cost difference isn't nothing...

...but the CA is probably worth the cost difference. 

26 minutes ago, azdimy said:

I'd say when spending depravity a vanilla KoS is the better choice 100% of the time. The soulfeaster may have some corner-case uses in a list, but the lack of command ability really hurts it, and since the d3 depravity ability requires it to be in combat with a hero it's probably too situational to rely on.

• Like 2

Requirement to be in combat, D3 DP being random and conditional really hurts it. A regular keeper wins out in my book.

Assuming wards + "after saves," i.e. save stacking, are actually going to be a thing it might actually be worth going for the 5++ relic and 6+++ with the aegis. This one really took me by surprise. I thought the aim was to reduce dice rolling... But here we are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

Requirement to be in combat, D3 DP being random and conditional really hurts it. A regular keeper wins out in my book.

Assuming wards + "after saves," i.e. save stacking, are actually going to be a thing it might actually be worth going for the 5++ relic and 6+++ with the aegis. This one really took me by surprise. I thought the aim was to reduce dice rolling... But here we are. 

This one I really don't understand. I was under the impression, too, that we were supposed to be reducing book-keeping, but then we have this surprise FAQ to a bunch of stuff, including a complete rewrite of Pink Horrors (but not Slaangors). How very bizarre. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Slaangors aren't shaping the competitive meta like Horrors are though, so that may be the priority. Or GW really just don't like Slaanesh. 

Almost certain it's this. I personally don't like the usual method of nerfing the good and ignoring the bad, but it is probably the best thing to do as only Slaanesh players are hurt by bad Slaangors, but all tournament players (and many casual) are hurt by an overpowered warscroll. 

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

Our community has already comped rhis faq for our tournament tomorrow. No after save stacking. That s the right thing to do

Edited by azdimy

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Sigvald is really looking good in a lot of lists now as an antimeta pick if we see lots of negation stacking...

Also, I'm writing up the stats today for the survey (hopefully) - just 30+ one sample t tests to go 🙃

Maybe the fact that we got nothing useful in our faq will remind some aos players to complete the survey

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 6:49 PM, Sigmalthus said:

I have a 1 day event coming up this weekend, 3 games.  I've played around 14 games in the new edition with Hedonites and only taken one win. I'm hoping this list will bring the luck. The Dreadful Visage has actually done fairly well for me, so I'm doubling down with fight last by adding the Sphiranx. The Bladebringer has also performed well, the charge damage combined with the combat phase damage has been good. Being Godseekers and If I get cogs out I'm looking at +2 to charge as well. The Dread Pageant is a newer unit for me, only used them in one game, but figured they can be a decent unit as a glass cannon. Overall thoughts?

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Godseekers Host
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)*
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Lord of Pain (155)*
- General

-Command Trait: Sweeping Slash

Battleline
5 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (185)**
5 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (185)*

Units
4 x The Dread Pageant (130)*
1 x Mindstealer Sphiranx (95)
- Allies

Endless Spells & Invocations
Dreadful Visage (90)
Chronomantic Cogs (45)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Hunters of the Heartlands

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 95 / 400
Wounds: 87
Drops: 6

Where Am I ?

Sigrasld.JPG

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DTzeentch said:

Two lists for comment:

- Host: Pretenders Host
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)**
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture

Lord of Pain (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Heroic Stature
- Artefact: Sceptre of Domination
- Host Option: Hunter of Godbeasts

Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)**

Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
- Artefact: Arcane 
- Lore of Slaanesh: Soulslice Shards

UNITS 
 11 x Blissbarb Archers (180)*
5 x Blissbarb Seekers (220)*
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (160)**

10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (370)*

CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
**Command Entourage - Magnificent ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Artefact
LEADERS: 4/6
ARTEFACTS: 2
REINFORCED UNITS: 1/4
TOTAL: 1965/2000
WOUNDS: 95
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+

List 2, basically swap out Sigvald for the bladebringer exalted chariot and give the LoP Hunter of Godbeast for more power against monsters.

Comments

Glutos of coarse is key for his-1 to hit umbrella but also for his double unbundling at.+1, and generally being an unkillable monster.  In my 1 test battle with Seraphim,  he ate a caurnasaur and a sregadon while shutting down the Slaan’s spell use and making it hard for his units to hit me.

For summoning point generation
BB archers split fire-2

BB seekerssplit fire-2

Infernal Enrapturess,-1 

Soulslice Shards from Infernal Enrapturess(list 1) or bladebringer (list 2)-1

Arcane bolt -1

total 7 plus combat for a potential KoS in  turn 3 at the latest.
Rest of the last pretty standard LoP is support behind Glutos and BB/Sigvald,

Twinsouls are just greaT, a real stopper unit that can dish out damage 

painbringers grab and hold objectives  plug holes

BB seekers flank and pick off week units generate summoning points

Infernal Enrapturess helps Glutos shut down enemy magic, generates depavity points.

Sigrasld.JPG

16 hours ago, ibel said:

So,

I don't like Sigvald in another Host than Luzerad Haste (invaders), Jes Glutos is nize but u have very soft other Target and if a realy nize competative list fokus Glutos in turn 2 he falls (it is hard but he died believe me)

but hej the Twins are good jes, the rest is absolut okay. Play it 3-4 times and tell us your experience. Good Luck.

My next List (no more fun to Play Archaon+Keeper List) is:

- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Vendetta
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)*
-
Host Option: General
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260)*
Dexcessa, The Talon of Slaanesh (280)
-
Host Option: General
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)*
-
General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Hazards

Battleline
33 x Blissbarb Archers (540)*
-
Reinforced x 2
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (135)*
5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135)*

Units
5 x Blissbarb Seekers (220)*           or Maybe  Sickblades be better ?!?!

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1975 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 103
Drops: 2

Sigrasld.JPG

- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Dexcessa, The Talon of Slaanesh (280)*
- Host Option: General
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)**
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260)*
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)*
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
The Contorted Epitome (255)*
- General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (140)**
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180)**
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180)**

Endless Spells & Invocations
Dreadful Visage (90)
Mesmerising Mirror (80)
Wheels of Excruciation (100)

Core Battalions
*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Vanguard

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 69
Drops: 8

69 wounds, what else ?

Sigrasld.JPG

10 hours ago, azdimy said:

Our community has already comped rhis faq for our tournament tomorrow. No after save stacking. That s the right thing to do

Absolutely. My WeChat Age of Sigmar group are currently furiously debating this errata and what it means. I personally think it's a very silly move that undermines a lot of what AoS is about. They just overhauled the whole system, one of those overhauls being capping a lot of things at +/- 1 to simplify things, and now they've created 2 situational ward saves which require careful reading of each and every warscroll that features a ward save to figure out which one it is. 

Fellow Hedonites, just play spells and stop getting stomped by 2+ save Sigmarcasts, don't get fooled by weak overpriced mortals (except Sigvald of course) who won't get a miraculous FAQ and forget about lolgors => then, you will win.

Edited by Khendall

1 hour ago, Khendall said:

Fellow Hedonites, just play spells and stop getting stomped by 2+ save Sigmarcasts, don't get fooled by weak overpriced mortals (except Sigvald of course) who won't get a miraculous FAQ and forget and lolgors => then, you will win.

I ve found that If I keep rolling 6s the army is pretty decent plus it s thematic 😉

• Haha 1

List I'm going to try out tomorrow. 

- Host: Invaders Host
- Grand Strategy: None Chosen
- Triumphs:
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)
- General
- Command Trait: Skin-taker
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260)
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (150)
- Artefact: The Rod of Misrule
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180)
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (135)
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)
*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 110
Drops: 9

• Like 2

Finally got my hands on the free Vindictor yesterday. Meet my second Lord of Pain, or Lord of Slaanesh. Whichever. Started priming, but got called away in the middle of it. 

as a chaos player, I am absolutely loving the new Stormcast models!

34019292-8C14-4DA0-88CE-B14C5482081B.jpeg

78DB6462-D98B-4806-BC58-A5EDA65A40EC.jpeg

Edited by TimeToWaste85
  • Like 4

So I’ve been playing just my friends beasts of chaos. I feel like I struggle super hard. This game did not go well. 

I do not have the board coverage and not nearly enough damage. By turn 3 I only just had the points to summon. Maybe taking first turn was the problem but at the end I only had 2 slick blades, belakor, exalted chariot, and my shard speaker.

I misplayed with synessa but I just couldn’t clear anything. 

it’s been a super frustrating experience. I’m nearly thinking of just shelving the army. Perhaps I just don’t own the things needed to win, but I don’t want to go spend another 200-300 buying the correct models. 

anything to give me hope? 

I mean, I would say that Slaanesh is tricky and unforgiving, it’s probably better to give it a few more shots before you give up. Just looking at your list, it might be worth proxying one or both of the slickblades as blissbarbs. This list also seems like it could benefit from some kind of anvil, just to take punches, since your list is fragile as heck