Jump to content

AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion


HERO
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Enoby said:

Thanks for the info :) It definitely seems like good saves are a struggle we face, and one that's pretty tricky to get around considering our best damage dealers are Twinsouls and they don't exactly do brilliantly against good saves. I do think this is something a KoS can deal with more effectively, but their points are a bit too high at the moment. I guess Archaon also does the job, but Archaon isn't exactly a suggestion I like to make as a list with him in becomes an Archaon list. We do have some decent MW abilities - not amazing, but Slickblades and Painbringers can be pretty good for them, but again they're a bit pricey and can't be summoned. 

---

Also, I'll be putting out the form very soon :)  Not to spoil too much, but here's the response to the current Slaangor points cost:

image.png.54284f61d02ee4eca2cf48622e0ef977.png

 

Honestly, anyone who chooses the option that they are too cheaply costed is just trolling us.

Slaangors are such a beautiful models with cool lore, I wish to field them as much as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, KrispyXIV said:

So, list of models that reliably perform "extremely well" for me (rarely disappoint, as noted) let's compare and discuss? -

Glutos

Synessa 

Sigvald

Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot

Exalted Chariot

Infernal Enrapturess

Be'lakor (he's here because he wins games and is on the menu currently with thematic reasons to believe GW will hesitate before removing that option)

 

Models that perform pretty/reasonably reliably well for me (they disappoint sometimes, but but not most games) -

Blissbarb Archers

Seeker Chariot

Daemonettes (in units of 10, where the tax isn't excessive)

Dexcessa

Seekers

 

Units I've not used much but have reason to believe fall into one of the above categories based on others reporting -

Contorted Epitome

The Masque

Hellstriders

Twinsouls 

Blissbarb Seekers

 

Units that are useful, but only when summoned  -

Keepers (because of Hero + Monster meta)

Daemonettes > 10 (perfectly good unit for zero points)

 

Honestly, listing it out, I feel like the "problematic part of the faction" is more limited than one might think.  I feel like we have a decent number of very good warscrolls, and a number of warscrolls that are at least "fine".  Then a number that would be fine if they were a bit less taxed, or that leave something to be desired but are at least playable in some scenarios.  

Only Shalaxi and Slaangors seem really bad at any cost (that isn't criminally low).

I apologize for short post but I am at work so;

In general I have found the following to be a problematic part of our faction: Slaangors, Painbringers, Slickblades, Shalaxi and regular Keeper of Secrets. In my opinion, Slaangors need a warscroll rewrite, while the others just need to a cost readjustment.

I do not own a Be'lakor, though it is evident I must buy him asap.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Honestly, anyone who chooses the option that they are too cheaply costed is just trolling us.

Slaangors are such a beautiful models with cool lore, I wish to field them as much as possible.

We have unfortunately had a few trollish answers - usually just really silly stuff on the written question, which is frustrating. It's easy to ignore as they are so few in number, but a shame people find messing about in a survey fun. 

I'd love to use Slaangor too, especially as they match up so well with the rest of my army. It's a massive shame they're close to unusable.

We're at 174 responses now, and I'll push the survey again in a few days - if we're lucky we may hit 200 :)

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keepers are far, far too swingy  for what they do, and at present are a very overcosted support piece whose best utility comes from their command ability. As others have pointed out, they have too few attacks for what they're supposed to do and no easy access to re-rolls (unless you've got Acquiescence coming from somewhere). A Keeper throwing the Lurid Haze artefact into the Fane used to be my go-to for hitting on 2s, but their big attacks (the claws) are simply too unreliable. They're supposed to be pretty amazing fighters and I wish this was reflected in their statline, but they're usually fairly mediocre. 

The issue with the Keepers is exactly why Glutos, in addition to his suite of buffs and utility options, feels fairly costed. His attack profile is not overwhelming but fairly decent and, importantly, much more reliable than the Keeper's. His claw attacks are lower damage but spread over more attacks, which means that they have less of a chance of fluffing. It feels super bad when you roll a bunch of 1s and 2s in succession for the Keeper claw attacks, and that's much less likely to happen with Glutos'. Ditto Sigvald, who reliably does AMAZING damage on the charge due to -2 rend and D3 damage spread across a lot of attacks. 

Rend is a huge issue for us and something I'd like to see is a spell that increases the rend of a unit by 1. I think it's pretty thematic (aren't we supposed to be about razor-sharp claws and such?) and would be a nice addition to our extremely lacklustre bunch of "beat bravery to do x" spells. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

We have unfortunately had a few trollish answers - usually just really silly stuff on the written question, which is frustrating. It's easy to ignore as they are so few in number, but a shame people find messing about in a survey fun. 

I'd love to use Slaangor too, especially as they match up so well with the rest of my army. It's a massive shame they're close to unusable.

We're at 174 responses now, and I'll push the survey again in a few days - if we're lucky we may hit 200 :)

I think it would be wise for the survey to be up for two weeks.

The larger the statistical sample, larger is the GW interest to actually take a look and read it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Sorrow said:

I think it would be wise for the survey to be up for two weeks.

The larger the statistical sample, larger is the GW interest to actually take a look and read it.

I would agree, though usually what happens is we see the largest increase in the first two days and then very little afterwards. However what I will do is send out the survey again in a few days and see if that spurs any further interest :)

Even if nothing comes of the survey, I think the results are very interesting 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picked up another win against Kruleboyz last night, tried out I think exactly the list I posted a page or two back:

 

Lurid Haze Battle Regiment

Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

Glutos

Lord of Pain - General, Oil of Exultation, Feverish Anticipation

Synessa

11 Blissbarb Archers

11 Blissbarb Archers

10 Symbaresh Twinsouls 

3 Bullgors w/ Great Axes

3 Bullgors w/ Great Axes

 

The battleplan we rolled was Tooth and Nail. Inevitable, I don't often run Lurid Haze and in punishment for saying I love our Summoning we rolled the one battleplan that stops you ambushing and means Summoned units are spectators only on the turn they arrived. This wasn't great for me as the one concern I had about the Bullgors was their squishiness so I had hoped to ambush one or both units to get them up where they needed to be ASAP. But, their decent move of 7 and +1 Charge from the drummer means they're not slouches at least.

Some conclusions rather than a full battle report:

Kruleboyz weren't necessarily the test I'd have wanted for the Bullgors but it was useful to see the impact of some of the things the Kruleboyz can do to limit their effectiveness. Scare Taktikz from the Gutrippaz meant they spent most of their combats dropped down to a 5+ to hit which was not a great place to be. However Rend -2 and high damage meant that the attacks that found their mark were killing which felt nice. Their 5+ saves even with 4 wounds each mean they're not tanking damage for long but something I underestimated was at 155pts they're my best suited to being a throwaway unit in his list and as they're not Battleline they don't nominate themselves to be targeted for a Battle Tactic either. However, seeing as on average without modifiers they'd be doing about 9 wounds to the Kruleboyz units if they got hold of them and 4-6 to the Heroes (depending on whether they went for the 2+ saves) they couldn't be ignored. One unit died to a volley from Boltboyz but in doing so took the flak that allowed my Blissbarbs to push up and Synessa to begin sneaking round the edge of the board ready to retaliate. The other unit joined Glutos in gobbling up few units of Gutrippaz and essentially that pairing won me the game as they removed a big chunk of the numbers for my opponent on the one flank, drew a fair bit of attention and when my opponent conceded were positioned to remove his General, support heroes and remaining Boltboyz. I'm definitely going to give these some more playtime though and see how they perform against other armies.

Using a Battle Regiment and usually controlling that first Priority choice remains something I'm very reluctant to relinquish. Some of the benefit to ceding the first turn to the shooty mortal wounds of the Kruleboyz was ceded by some sneaky play by my opponent who put Ghost Mist on a Dominion of Sigmar Shattered Temple to hide a big block of Boltboyz, and his support characters from view meaning I couldn't remove any of them in my turn to reduce the shooting that would come my way in his turn 2

My Symbaresh Twinsouls did really well, the Bullgors and Glutos being more aggressive in their movement bought them enough breathing space to kill what they needed to before they were removed and they more than paid for themselves. Unleash Hell from the Boltboyz neutered these and then his Murknob, Shaman and Killaboss finished them off. However they had deleted a squad of Gutrippaz before they ran into a hail of bolts and the brave few that survived that charge chopped up the Boltboyz with abandon before they were dropped in turn by the characters. Trading 370pts of a unit for 540pts worth of the enemy felt like a trade worth making for how the game played out but my opponent also rolled very well for that one particular volley.

The combats/shooting in this game were probably more decisive than they have tended to be for most of my 3.0 games so far but still, when my opponent called the game at the halfway point of battle round 3 I was sitting on enough to bring on a Keeper or 30 Daemonettes etc for Round 4 plus some spare to carry forward for Round 5.

I mentioned in a previous post about Glutos sticking near the Lord of Pain when the Twinsouls didn't need him. His output with the reroll is pretty decent and again provides us with a bit more thrust against heavily armoured targets. If it is his Finest Hour too it's even more impressive. I mean I take him for his general tankiness and the sheer range on Fog of Temptation for disrupting my opponents' plans but it's a useful tool to be able to spike his damage so much. 

As a side note I enjoyed the common theme between Kruleboyz and Hedonites with a large amount of Fogs, Miasmas, Mists and Palls impacting everything! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, LeonBox said:

As others have pointed out, they have too few attacks for what they're supposed to do and no easy access to re-rolls (unless you've got Acquiescence coming from somewhere).

I feel like this is part of the problem. Our army is designed around easy access to acquiescence but all the heroes that bring it outside of the exalted bladebringer just have no place in our lists.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I feel like this is part of the problem. Our army is designed around easy access to acquiescence but all the heroes that bring it outside of the exalted bladebringer just have no place in our lists.

I think one thing that would really help is every Slaanesh wizard getting acquiescence - if they were feeling particularly brave, perhaps as an extra cast in addition to other spells.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think one thing that would really help is every Slaanesh wizard getting acquiescence - if they were feeling particularly brave, perhaps as an extra cast in addition to other spells.  

I think that would be really good. Maybe let keepers get the d3 targets like the epitome or perhaps let full rerolls happen, but like... make it casting 7. 

In general, improve the whole spell lore.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Carnith said:

I think that would be really good. Maybe let keepers get the d3 targets like the epitome or perhaps let full rerolls happen, but like... make it casting 7. 

In general, improve the whole spell lore.

My favorite example of how "bad" the Lore is is Pavane.  Completely useless due to ****** range, until you remove that limitation with Synessa and it becomes amazing. 

Slothful Stupor is amazing... if you spend the huge amount of extra points on portals to deliver it.  

Our hordebreaker spell requires the enemy to be wholly within range. 

The Lore seems overnerfed by exactly one degree, almost across the board. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

My favorite example of how "bad" the Lore is is Pavane.  Completely useless due to ****** range, until you remove that limitation with Synessa and it becomes amazing. 

Slothful Stupor is amazing... if you spend the huge amount of extra points on portals to deliver it.  

Our hordebreaker spell requires the enemy to be wholly within range. 

The Lore seems overnerfed by exactly one degree, almost across the board. 

Yeah the (I guess fluffy?) 6" limitation on a lot of our spells is, well, limiting. Before Synessa there was nothing in our army that could cast Pavane that you wanted within 6" of anything worth casting that spell on, and the healing spells are also very hurt by their range. 

 

2 hours ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I feel like this is part of the problem. Our army is designed around easy access to acquiescence but all the heroes that bring it outside of the exalted bladebringer just have no place in our lists.

This is a good point. As @Enoby said, every Slaanesh wizard should just have access to Acquiescence as standard. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Elazar The Glorified said:

3 Bullgors w/ Great Axes

3 Bullgors w/ Great Axes

. This wasn't great for me as the one concern I had about the Bullgors was their squishiness so I had hoped to ambush one or both units to get them up where they needed to be ASAP. But, their decent move of 7 and +1 Charge from the drummer means they're not slouches at least.

...

Kruleboyz weren't necessarily the test I'd have wanted for the Bullgors but it was useful to see the impact of some of the things the Kruleboyz can do to limit their effectiveness. 

What are you hoping for from the Bullgors?  I had been wondering if Warherd (I ran it in AoS 1) was viable in any manner given access to upwards of -5 Rend but that's within BoC.  

I was pleasantly surprised to see them included in an army.

 

Also I've been going back through the pages, not sure I went back far enough or maybe it was missed but on the Honest Wargamer someone went 5-0 with this list on the weekend.  Don't quote me, I couldn't find the list myself so this was just what Rob said :

Godseekers

Sigvald

Synessa

Epitome (general)

22 Blissbarb archers

22 Blissbarb archers

 2 x 5 Slickblade Seekers

2 x 1 Seeker Chariots

Then I'm pretty sure he said also regular Seekers.  Having just run 30 Sisters of the Watch (granted.. mmmm perhaps better? hard to say) I can see the damage archers can do in this game, particularly garrisoned.  

Did i miss you guys talk about this list already? 

Edited by Popisdead
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

What are you hoping for from the Bullgors?  I had been wondering if Warherd (I ran it in AoS 1) was viable in any manner given access to upwards of -5 Rend but that's within BoC.  

I was pleasantly surprised to see them included in an army.

 

Also I've been going back through the pages, not sure I went back far enough or maybe it was missed but on the Honest Wargamer someone went 5-0 with this list on the weekend.  Don't quote me, I couldn't find the list myself so this was just what Rob said :

Godseekers

Sigvald

Synessa

Epitome (general)

22 Blissbarb archers

22 Blissbarb archers

 2 x 5 Slickblade Seekers

2 x 1 Seeker Chariots

Then I'm pretty sure he said also regular Seekers.  Having just run 30 Sisters of the Watch (granted.. mmmm perhaps better? hard to say) I can see the damage archers can do in this game, particularly garrisoned.  

Did i miss you guys talk about this list already? 

That s not the list quite and it finished 4 and 1 which is still really good but no 5-0 for hedonites as far as we know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Popisdead said:

What are you hoping for from the Bullgors?  I had been wondering if Warherd (I ran it in AoS 1) was viable in any manner given access to upwards of -5 Rend but that's within BoC.  

I was pleasantly surprised to see them included in an army.

 

Also I've been going back through the pages, not sure I went back far enough or maybe it was missed but on the Honest Wargamer someone went 5-0 with this list on the weekend.  Don't quote me, I couldn't find the list myself so this was just what Rob said :

Godseekers

Sigvald

Synessa

Epitome (general)

22 Blissbarb archers

22 Blissbarb archers

 2 x 5 Slickblade Seekers

2 x 1 Seeker Chariots

Then I'm pretty sure he said also regular Seekers.  Having just run 30 Sisters of the Watch (granted.. mmmm perhaps better? hard to say) I can see the damage archers can do in this game, particularly garrisoned.  

Did i miss you guys talk about this list already? 

I like the idea of 22x blissbarb units. It feels like a good break-even point between efficiency with command abilities vs unweildiness of a large unit.

On that note, has anyone calculated the break-even point where it's better to remove your last homonculus as a casualty or another archer?

**EDIT**

I got bored and did the math. It's better to take the homonculus as a casualty if you're going down to 3 or fewer models in the unit. Generally if you've taken that many casualties the unit is going to be wiped out anyhow, but in case anyone was wondering 2 archers and a champion are statistically better than 1 archer, 1 homonculus, and 1 champion.

Edited by CeleFAZE
Math.
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Popisdead said:

What are you hoping for from the Bullgors?  I had been wondering if Warherd (I ran it in AoS 1) was viable in any manner given access to upwards of -5 Rend but that's within BoC.  

I was pleasantly surprised to see them included in an army.

Well I think looking at my Beasts to Chaos and my Slaanesh they end up with slightly different roles in each army because in the Beasts they need to be one of the big heavy hitters as they're in theory the elite which is where some of my concern came from with them because I'm not sure they necessarily are...

I'll need some more games with them but ultimately what they've replaced in my list at the moment are the Hellstriders and they remain (as 2 units of 3) in the same ballpark points wise as the Hellstriders so can be my sacrificial lambs/bulls as they might just be the right mix of tough and scary enough to draw attention and be able to hold it for your other stuff to advance and if they die, they're cheaper than my Blissbarbs, Twinsouls and Characters so better it's them! The main reason I was looking at them (or another option) was around adding some additional punch against high saves.  The Twinsouls can do the heavy lifting against other targets but the main option for removing good saves in my list otherwise was tying them up with Glutos and focusing them down with him and mortal wounds from spells and Synessa's shooting. For a damage output to points ratio the Bullgors (unsupported) outperform Slickblade Seekers, Fiends, Varanguard etc and in particular against 2+ and 3+ saves. They have decent move, high rend and damage, the chance for additional Mortal Wounds and native +1 to charge etc (of use if ambushed in with Lurid Haze potentially also) so they can be treated as a bit of a throwaway unit but equally will kill stuff. The main drawback is the 4+ to hit if it gets modified down. 

Slickblade Seekers, Varanguard all bring something else to the party as well but they become much higher value targets and you're only getting the one unit in without exceeding the cost of the two Bullgor units which means you can sit them on an extra objective, or distract a slightly higher proportion of your opponent’s army to deal with them. 

The only caveat is the 1 in 4 coalition for Beasts but it's not unworkable. Especially when technically your 4 could be:

Slaanesh Slaves to Darkness unit

Slaanesh Slaves to Darkness unit

Allied Unit

Beasts of Chaos unit

There will be much tougher tests of them than Kruleboyz but for a first outing of some very hungry Bulls alongside a very hungry Glutos, I was quite pleased! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Did i miss you guys talk about this list already?

Now this is encouraging. Yet another, completely different hedonite list performing at the highest tables.

So far we got a shooty one, a painbringery one, and a more "classic" hedonite list with slickblades doing well (or was there another too?). The former two, I suspect, made excellent use of DP (through shooting and tankiness, respectively).

Hope the last few high placements starts a new trend or, at the very least, people in the tournament scene will stop talking about hedonites as if they're a total meme. Maybe we'll get some real representation and field-testing from now on. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I lm on another loss with the Hedonites. The game was much closer this time against lumineth but my god do we get penalized on all the battle tactics that do not work with summoned units! 

I ran

Slaanesh Invaders

Battle regiment
Hunter of the heartland
Grand strategy- priced sorcery

Glutos 475
General
Battle Rapture spell

Contorted epitome 255
General
Flaming weapon spell
Hurler of obscenities
Amulet of destiny

Chaos sorcerer lord 115
Battle rapture spell


11 blissbarb archers 180

*5 slickblade seekers 230

*10 chaos knight w lance 340

5 hellstriders 135

5 hellstriders 135

Endless spell;
Dreadful visage 90 cast on 7+

Free  Triumph: inspiring (+1 to wound)
* hunters of the heartland
1955pts
39 models
111 wounds
Drops: 3

My opponent had 

Cow mountain

Cathelar 

Stone mage

Lore seeker

5 dawnriders

20 wardens 

20 sentinels 

5 blade lords 

5 blade lords 

Cogs 

In Alumnia where units can run and charge for 1 CP

Scenario ; power struggle
Deployment: he deploys 5 dawnriders on the left, 20 wardens, the cow and stone mage behind, cathelar inside the terrain piece wi5h 5 bladelords acting bodyguards next to the terrain. On the right 20 sentinels and 5 bladelords
I deploy on the left hellstriders block the left and center lines w chaos knights and glutos behind. On the right I have the slickblade the epitome and the blissbarb archers

Turn 1

I have 3 drops my opponent has 1 so as expected and I m given first turn

The priestess fail me and I do not get my 5+ ward on glutos (why doesn t she give glutos the priest keyword?) I do a bit of damage with the with dreadful visage,charge with the Slickblade the lorseeker that dropped on the middle objective and a 5 bladelord bodyguards unit next to him from their pre move game.  I do a few wounds and lose the unit due to the cathelar forcing me on a battleshock at -5 between my casualties and his that he passed on to me. The range of the cathelar ability is way more than I thought it would be and that costed me the unit

His turn 1 he rallies some bladelords killed by the slickblades go after the  hellstrider units blocking his path to my side  of  the board. One unit die the other has 3 models left. The sentinels and the cow do like 10 damage to Glutos with the their missile attacks. Goodbye  priestess ward save

Turn 2 I win priority and avoid the double turn for now

I summon 1 enrapturess, The knights kill the dawnriders pretty easily .
The epitome charges the blade lords and the loreseeker and kill maybe 1 blade lord

His turn 2 he counter charge the knights with the mountain cow but between oracular vision, sll out defense and glutos aura they are very resilient and I lose a single knight from 1 damage 5 attack going through. I lose my epitome killed by the loreseeker in melee and lose the blissbarb from sentinel shots

Turn 3 he gets the double turn, I remove the objective under the sentinels. He gets total eclipse off. The wardens run toward my objective next to the fane preventing me to summon on that side of the board. With 3 cps and total eclipse I cannot go all out defense on the knights this turn as I need to pass a battleshock and remember my poor slickblades. I lose 4 more knights and the remaining hellstrider unit is down to a single model
My turn 3, still under total eclipse. The knights retreat from combat toward his deployment, I summon a keeper 9in away from the cow. Glutos charge the cow and the keeper also with an 11in roll like a boss. The lone hellstrider charge the loreseeker next to the cow. Hellstrider gets stomped by the cow
But the keeper activates, kill the stone mage and goes nuts with 4 claw attacks from two 6s on the hits leaving that cow on 1 wound
Glutos finish it off
Turn 4 : my opponents gets the priority he selects bring it down on the keeper and send the loreseeker and 5 blade lords at it but leaves the keeper on 1 wound
I then proceed to charge the cathelar and the sentinels with the knights, glutos charges the cathelar bodyguards, keeper healed a bunch and is back on 7 wounds. I summon another enrapturess and they shoot down  the bladelords in combat with the keeper. The keeper fail to kill the loreseeker. The knights kill the bodyguards and glutos kill the cathellar. The loreseeker is on 1 wound

Turn 5
I get the double, My kos retreat from the loreseeker and I claimed monstruous take over (which I later realized is NOT allowed for summoned units) glutos kill the lorrseeker the knight kill 5 sentinels with no casualties in return
His turn he auto run 6 with the wardens on my side of the board and steal 1 of my objective and win the game by 2 points


Post game toughts:
Lumineth loves chip damage so I was able to summon 2 enrapturess and 1 kos this game which is more than I m used to. At the end of turn 5 I had a good control of the table but my opponent won 24-22 as I could not score battle tactics in the end with summoned units. 
3 out of the 8 battle tactics cannot be scored by summoned units. It s hurting us big time. Score some of those 3 early if you can with your starting army as the summoned units won t be able to
The game was fun,
I made a few mistakes but I m getting better and this was my first actual game against the new lumineth book.
I m a little disappointrd by the slickblades for their points. I always seem to have them die turn 1 and not doing any meaningful damage besides getting a few depravity points but this time it was on my not to keep a cp to autopass the battleshock I did not expect.The main problem I have is that it still took us 5hrs to play our 5 turns. I felt the army was  getting stronger with glutos and  the summoned units later in the game but it won t come into play in a 3hr game tournament format
Now it s non issue when I get tabled by turn 3 I finish in time just fine ;)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Sitting on 224 responses so far, and nice to see 2+ Tough liked the survey :) (Also, hello @Carnith:P )

Screenshot_20210820-150840_Twitter.jpg.5f126cc11a15c70a2d7afb826f5abff8.jpg

As a side note, while I can use it, Twitter feels absolutely alien to me - I think this may be the only thing I've ever posted! I think the survey has also been retweeted by Justplay Ian which was very kind of them

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Enoby said:

Sitting on 224 responses so far, and nice to see 2+ Tough liked the survey :) (Also, hello @Carnith:P )

Screenshot_20210820-150840_Twitter.jpg.5f126cc11a15c70a2d7afb826f5abff8.jpg

As a side note, while I can use it, Twitter feels absolutely alien to me - I think this may be the only thing I've ever posted! I think the survey has also been retweeted by Justplay Ian which was very kind of them

/wave 

Thanks for the follow back and a reminder for me to update my profile just a little. 

I wonder if other profilic slaanesh players have seen or take the survey such as Vince V of Warhammer Weekly or the Facehammer guy. 

Edited by Carnith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, azdimy said:

So I lm on another loss with the Hedonites. The game was much closer this time against lumineth but my god do we get penalized on all the battle tactics that do not work with summoned units! 

I ran

Slaanesh Invaders

Battle regiment
Hunter of the heartland
Grand strategy- priced sorcery

Glutos 475
General
Battle Rapture spell

Contorted epitome 255
General
Flaming weapon spell
Hurler of obscenities
Amulet of destiny

Chaos sorcerer lord 115
Battle rapture spell


11 blissbarb archers 180

*5 slickblade seekers 230

*10 chaos knight w lance 340

5 hellstriders 135

5 hellstriders 135

Endless spell;
Dreadful visage 90 cast on 7+

Free  Triumph: inspiring (+1 to wound)
* hunters of the heartland
1955pts
39 models
111 wounds
Drops: 3

My opponent had 

Cow mountain

Cathelar 

Stone mage

Lore seeker

5 dawnriders

20 wardens 

20 sentinels 

5 blade lords 

5 blade lords 

Cogs 

In Alumnia where units can run and charge for 1 CP

Scenario ; power struggle
Deployment: he deploys 5 dawnriders on the left, 20 wardens, the cow and stone mage behind, cathelar inside the terrain piece wi5h 5 bladelords acting bodyguards next to the terrain. On the right 20 sentinels and 5 bladelords
I deploy on the left hellstriders block the left and center lines w chaos knights and glutos behind. On the right I have the slickblade the epitome and the blissbarb archers

Turn 1

I have 3 drops my opponent has 1 so as expected and I m given first turn

The priestess fail me and I do not get my 5+ ward on glutos (why doesn t she give glutos the priest keyword?) I do a bit of damage with the with dreadful visage,charge with the Slickblade the lorseeker that dropped on the middle objective and a 5 bladelord bodyguards unit next to him from their pre move game.  I do a few wounds and lose the unit due to the cathelar forcing me on a battleshock at -5 between my casualties and his that he passed on to me. The range of the cathelar ability is way more than I thought it would be and that costed me the unit

His turn 1 he rallies some bladelords killed by the slickblades go after the  hellstrider units blocking his path to my side  of  the board. One unit die the other has 3 models left. The sentinels and the cow do like 10 damage to Glutos with the their missile attacks. Goodbye  priestess ward save

Turn 2 I win priority and avoid the double turn for now

I summon 1 enrapturess, The knights kill the dawnriders pretty easily .
The epitome charges the blade lords and the loreseeker and kill maybe 1 blade lord

His turn 2 he counter charge the knights with the mountain cow but between oracular vision, sll out defense and glutos aura they are very resilient and I lose a single knight from 1 damage 5 attack going through. I lose my epitome killed by the loreseeker in melee and lose the blissbarb from sentinel shots

Turn 3 he gets the double turn, I remove the objective under the sentinels. He gets total eclipse off. The wardens run toward my objective next to the fane preventing me to summon on that side of the board. With 3 cps and total eclipse I cannot go all out defense on the knights this turn as I need to pass a battleshock and remember my poor slickblades. I lose 4 more knights and the remaining hellstrider unit is down to a single model
My turn 3, still under total eclipse. The knights retreat from combat toward his deployment, I summon a keeper 9in away from the cow. Glutos charge the cow and the keeper also with an 11in roll like a boss. The lone hellstrider charge the loreseeker next to the cow. Hellstrider gets stomped by the cow
But the keeper activates, kill the stone mage and goes nuts with 4 claw attacks from two 6s on the hits leaving that cow on 1 wound
Glutos finish it off
Turn 4 : my opponents gets the priority he selects bring it down on the keeper and send the loreseeker and 5 blade lords at it but leaves the keeper on 1 wound
I then proceed to charge the cathelar and the sentinels with the knights, glutos charges the cathelar bodyguards, keeper healed a bunch and is back on 7 wounds. I summon another enrapturess and they shoot down  the bladelords in combat with the keeper. The keeper fail to kill the loreseeker. The knights kill the bodyguards and glutos kill the cathellar. The loreseeker is on 1 wound

Turn 5
I get the double, My kos retreat from the loreseeker and I claimed monstruous take over (which I later realized is NOT allowed for summoned units) glutos kill the lorrseeker the knight kill 5 sentinels with no casualties in return
His turn he auto run 6 with the wardens on my side of the board and steal 1 of my objective and win the game by 2 points


Post game toughts:
Lumineth loves chip damage so I was able to summon 2 enrapturess and 1 kos this game which is more than I m used to. At the end of turn 5 I had a good control of the table but my opponent won 24-22 as I could not score battle tactics in the end with summoned units. 
3 out of the 8 battle tactics cannot be scored by summoned units. It s hurting us big time. Score some of those 3 early if you can with your starting army as the summoned units won t be able to
The game was fun,
I made a few mistakes but I m getting better and this was my first actual game against the new lumineth book.
I m a little disappointrd by the slickblades for their points. I always seem to have them die turn 1 and not doing any meaningful damage besides getting a few depravity points but this time it was on my not to keep a cp to autopass the battleshock I did not expect.The main problem I have is that it still took us 5hrs to play our 5 turns. I felt the army was  getting stronger with glutos and  the summoned units later in the game but it won t come into play in a 3hr game tournament format
Now it s non issue when I get tabled by turn 3 I finish in time just fine ;)

Condolences friend, I too have to frequently face LRL and they are an eminently infuriating army with a million tricks and get-out-of-jail free rules like the Cathallar, shrine re-rolls, free shrine CP, Aetherquartz versatility etc etc etc. Rough that the Cathallar cost you your Slickblades -- I'll be fielding mine for the first time tonight and will not forget to hold a CP back for their battleshock tests. I'm quite worried about their overall fragility anyway -- they seem like too much glass and not enough cannon, but the models are beautiful and I should give them a go. 

It sounded like his Loreseeker was doing a hell of a lot of damage! I've never seen him do all that much really, just be super-annoying with his objective-denial shenanigans and occasionally throw out a dangerous spell near/behind my lines. 

It does seem very unfair that, in addition to the summoning tax built into our points, we are further penalized with more than a third of the battle plans being unachievable with summoned units. Sure would be nice if we were not extremely reliant on summoning to keep us in the match! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wish me luck fellas, I just got my commissioned mortal models back and am fielding a fairly ridiculous all-mortal list tonight (yes -- even Slaangors!): 

 

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Godseekers Host
- Grand Strategy: Dominating Presence
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)*
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture
Lord of Pain (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Battle-lust
- Artefact: Cameo of the Dark Prince
- Host Option: General

Battleline
22 x Blissbarb Archers (360)*
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (185)*
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (160)*

Units
3 x Slaangor Fiendbloods (150)*
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)*
5 x Blissbarb Seekers (220)

Endless Spells & Invocations
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114
Drops: 2
 

My opponent is going a new army -- Stormcast Eternals -- and I've never faced them before, so if nothing else it's gonna be quite a nice change of pace. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update on Be’Lakor time! Since he’s in my HoS list, I can plug him. Lol. Between Archaon and Be’Lakor taking up so many points, having the other stuff painted afterwards should be cake. All the Greater Daemons for the other god-centric lists are painted (BT unfettered, Kairos, GUO w/Bell), but Synessa is only primed to stand in for a Keeper as she’s far better. Cogs are painted though!!

85B3B0C7-7CDB-46B9-BB47-50F023019A23.jpeg

3CA563F5-9AD9-4FF6-9548-E2DC8E470222.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...