AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

I have a potential game today (forgot to call and reserve table space)

I've got a few lists to want to try

Thoughts? I'm probably facing Beasts.

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs:
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)
- General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)
- Host Option: General
The Masque (135)
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (150)
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture
22 x Blissbarb Archers (360)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (135)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (135)
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)
Dreadful Visage (90)
Battle Regiment
Command Entourage - Magnificent

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

My list from last week. I feel it did well enough, but no monsters.

Second list is removing masque and Shardspeaker for a twin. If I take Synessa, I might take cogs, but might be worth then taking a third caster so maybe taking sigvald out for Epitome or maybe take out sigvald for Synessa? I really like my troop selection. 

Though if I take Dexecessa, I know I'd only have the Exalted Herald as my single source of casting, but she's just yeeting the +1 wounds artifact for a 2+ to hit. 

Thoughts on what I should change? My above list is 4 drops. A Synessa list is 1 drop, and I don't necessarily have to play Lurid there either. A Dexcessa list is 2 drops. If my friend plays his normal lists, I always out drop him and let him go first so that I could get round 1 charges. 

2 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

I really rate the Amulet of Destiny for an Exalted Bladebringer, if you don’t go Lurid. Takes advantage of the fact they don’t degrade and can get a decent save with Defense

my last game I did have Amulet on the blade bringer and mandatory artifact on the Shard speaker, though if I want to just dump the artifact, +1 wounds and +1 cast on the Shardspeaker could be nice as well to help throw out a mystic shield and hopefully -1 wound or cast endless spell. 

Fair. I still want to stick them all in one unit, ambush them in the backend, yell “Leroy jenkins” at my opponent and just shoot up a bunch of stuff for depravity as a suicide bomb, while Syn shoots from the back, Dex and Siggy do their thing, and Hellstriders rush around for objectives. Great, awful, or nuts. Some combination of all. 

• Like 4

I went with a Dexcessa list... and I lost hard. I had very awful no good rolls (double 1's to charge with dexcessa into rolling double 1's again for a 3" charge).

I know it's a dice game... but it was rough. Took the wind out of my sails a bit to enjoy slaanesh. Will have to retry them later on but I want to try other armies for the moment. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Carnith said:

I went with a Dexcessa list... and I lost hard. I had very awful no good rolls (double 1's to charge with dexcessa into rolling double 1's again for a 3" charge).

I know it's a dice game... but it was rough. Took the wind out of my sails a bit to enjoy slaanesh. Will have to retry them later on but I want to try other armies for the moment. 

I feel ya, failing multiple short-range charges is the worst. 

1 hour ago, Carnith said:

Damn, what else to try?

52 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

I feel ya, failing multiple short-range charges is the worst. 

I don't think my opponent failed a charge, except for the bestigors coming from ambush. Only later did I get one spiked dice roll where my slick blades rolled 9 wounds, and 6 of them generated mortal wounds. 

The store owner asked how the game was going, and self admitted I failed the player code because my dice had turned me into a Morton Salt Factory, because that salt was flowing. 

38 minutes ago, Nagashfan said:

Damn, what else to try?

In slaanesh... I could try 10 Symbaresh, and I do want the twins at some point. 

I will probably go forward for the near while and get orcs done. 

17 minutes ago, ibel said:

I really want to know:

Is there any competative List without Archaon for Slaneesh in a hard Meta ?!

The list Michael (very good Slaanesh player) has won a lot against the cutting edge competitive lists:

Might as well but its probably not what you are expecting.

Invader host
Command battalion
Belakor
Synessa 
Lord of pain- general- delusions of infallibility- icon of excess

Vanguard
Masque- general
11x blissbarb archers
11 x blissbard archers
5 x blissbard seekers

Hunters
10 x twinsouls
5 x helstriders

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Might as well but its probably not what you are expecting.

Ähm well hey, thats not what I expected but....

Ähm why Synessa?

Ähm why Hellstrider ?!

Where is the Dämage, where the Tank ?!

I dont Understand ?!?!

EDIT: In my Feeling u had to deal with 

Teclis, SoB, Morathi, Kroak, Tzeenth (massiv Horrors) and Gravelords + Maybe KO. I dont see how the List will work against List from the Meta like this ?!?!

Edited by ibel

Synessa for the infinite range Pavane. She's much better than she looks at first glance.

Hellstriders are basically Slaanesh's chaff. They are cheap (for a slaanesh unit) and can block and protect areas of the board.

Damage comes from twinsouls, be'lakor and Synessa.

• Like 1

The list deals with gods by using Be’lakor to shut them down for a turn, Pavane them with Syn. The tank is the Twinsouls who can get to a 3+, and the Lord of Pain granting rerolls on either the archers or the Twinsouls spikes their damage. If you look at how he deploys the Hellstriders, he uses the base length to wall off portions of the board. 

Synessa is useful for sniping small heroes or low save units like archers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, webert1 said:

Synessa for the infinite range Pavane. She's much better than she looks at first glance.

Thats a 50/50 Chance for just 1 Spell and without a Keeper i see no more Benefits ?!?! Her Damage is not so impressive.

8 minutes ago, webert1 said:

Hellstriders are basically Slaanesh's chaff. They are cheap (for a slaanesh unit) and can block and protect areas of the board.

Hej okay HS are good 4 there Points but he had enough stuff for Boardcontroll i think.

8 minutes ago, webert1 said:

Damage comes from twinsouls, be'lakor and Synessa

And that is enough ?!

9 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

The list deals with gods by using Be’lakor to shut them down for a turn, Pavane them with Syn.

Sry that is okay, but deals not enough with Archi/Nagash or Teclics.

9 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

he tank is the Twinsouls who can get to a 3+,

20 Wounds on a 3+ (Maybe with even more + Save) is tanky ?!

Sry guys i Dont see Winning this list against ggod List without very very big Mistakes from your Enemy or massive Luck with the Dice.

Twinsouls have a 5+ fnp on alternate turns. You’re also getting in summoning units, adding to board control. 

It’s certainly an uphill climb, but it can be done. I don’t think Slaanesh is a tournament winner right now, and you probably knew that, but there are tools.

I don’t understand why you asked this question when you sound like you know the answer you think is correct.

Have you played any games with Slaanesh in the new edition? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ibel said:

Thats a 50/50 Chance for just 1 Spell and without a Keeper i see no more Benefits ?!?! Her Damage is not so impressive.

Pavane may be vaguely unreliable, but its best against the big punchy dragons everyone is running and can be just what you need to go from "there's no way to deal that much damage this turn" to "killable".

Small, fast heroes it can just kill outright.  

It's very upsetting though to someone's VLoZD though when you drop 7 MW from Pavane (which is only slightly worse than 50%), d3 MW from Syn herself, and have any number of other options remaining to deal the remaining fraction of its health. 

While there's a lot of factors that seem like they should limit Synessa, for me thus far she's been the opposite of most internet theory crafting - she performs significantly better in actual games than she does in theory. 

Edited by KrispyXIV
  • Like 1

I think Synessa is one of those pieces where they rarely do everything they could do, but has multiple opportunities to contribute value.

Theorycrafting wants reliable, context-agnostic solutions, and Synessa isn’t that, but they do work, especially if you can keep them alive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ibel said:

Ähm well hey, thats not what I expected but....

Ähm why Synessa?

Ähm why Hellstrider ?!

Where is the Dämage, where the Tank ?!

I dont Understand ?!?!

EDIT: In my Feeling u had to deal with 

Teclis, SoB, Morathi, Kroak, Tzeenth (massiv Horrors) and Gravelords + Maybe KO. I dont see how the List will work against List from the Meta like this ?!?!

Straight from the horse's mouth:

On how the list plays in general, "The list is designed to maximise with the use of battletactics and scenarios. Synessa and belakor are disruption pieces which help mitigate against the double turn plus any god lists. The archers pick on any threat, that I need them too. Against the dok the 2 units took out 7x stalkers in one turn. 30 inch range with both units using 1 of the vanguard command is handy. Twinsouls and belakor are the hard hitting combat units

The list is designed to go first and not have a big target to hit"

On archers, "Not always they also pick on and destroy support pieces which we couldn't touch before

Normally all out attack on one unit so 20 shots at 3s and 3s rend 1 pretty much the same out put as 10 snakes but without the mortals. Plus a 30 inch threat range with them."

On Synessa, "Always amazing being able to unleash hell with the stick really means she does some work and the spell choice is a good toolbox"

On alternative units, "This is where the changes have brought me too at the moment. But glutos and fiends are also great. Summoned 3 last night and they did a lot of work killing alarielle and then taking 3 kurnoths"

On wins, "4 wins out of 4 yesterday against slyvaneth, daughters , skaven and fyreslayers. The out put from the archers is really helping the army pick off the range threats"

On depravity from shooting, "Haven't needed too I rather kill what I'm trying to take out

Free summoning is one of out strong points but I have never built a list to maximise it, I used it as an extra tool when needed and will spend the points I have available every turn"

On twinsouls vs good saves, "Then don't put them into that unit. The list im using has rend and mortals elsewhere. The twinsould have to be bullies and pick on targets they can take."

On points, "Points also don't matter in a game as long as the units do what you want from them. As long as you have a list that works in scenarios good players can manage that list to wins"

On criticisms of the list and doing well despite Slaanesh's reputation, "No I just don't listen to the Internet and make my own conclusions up"

A lot of why it works is because he's a very good player - as he said, the important thing is using every unit intelligently, and if you've seen his set ups they often look strange compared to normal. 

If you gave a player this list with no clue on how to use it, they'd probably lose badly because it's a pretty weird list, but in the right hands it's very good at winning games.

Hope this helps :) 

• Like 5

I’m gonna be honest, I hate “Netlists”. When one person finds something, posts it, and everyone jumps on it…yuck. Then everyone builds against that list (if they can; first HoS book…forget it, there was no building against it, just prayer). 

if you bring something unique, expect people to not be prepped for it. That’s a serious advantage. Prepping for a tournament means prepping against the popular netlists. Be a decent player and bring something unique (that you’ve found works for you)…I think you’ll place higher than by running a net list. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

I’m gonna be honest, I hate “Netlists”. When one person finds something, posts it, and everyone jumps on it…yuck. Then everyone builds against that list (if they can; first HoS book…forget it, there was no building against it, just prayer). 

if you bring something unique, expect people to not be prepped for it. That’s a serious advantage. Prepping for a tournament means prepping against the popular netlists. Be a decent player and bring something unique (that you’ve found works for you)…I think you’ll place higher than by running a net list. 

Sharing knowledge is one of the most constructive and positive uses of the internet.  

Especially if a person is struggling, finding out what is working for others helps deepen their understanding of the game and find something that works for them. 

Posting lists for discussion - especially ones that win - isn't about putting stuff out there for others to netlist or use straight up. 

Keeping everything to yourself and not looking at what others are playing is how you lock yourself into a local meta and ensure that you're unprepared the moment you step outside of that. 

• Like 1

Oh, I share ideas. I like that part. I hate when one Uber-broken build is found and everyone flocks to it. 

I'm not saying don’t share what works to give ideas…I’m saying I don’t like “hey, this one list is unbeatable, now every little Timmy is running it”