AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

So I have a match on tts tonight due to flgs under renovation and I'll be running the below.

Ideally I wanted a contorted epitome but I really wanted to have dreadful visage.

3 hammer units with Bel, Dex ,TS.

Some objective grabbers I'm not sure is claw or scourge is the best as scourge on the charge is pretty safe to leave them to take a hit.

If it works it will be nice as I only have to paint up syn and dex! 

Allegiance: Slaanesh

- Host: Pretenders Host

- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders

Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)

Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260) in Battle Regiment

Dexcessa, The Talon of Slaanesh (280) in Battle Regiment

Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (150) in Battle Regiment

- General

- Command Trait: Master of Magic

- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)

- Host Option: Monarch of Lies

- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions

Battleline

11 x Blissbarb Archers (180) in Battle Regiment

5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (135) in Hunters of the Heartlands

5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135) in Battle Regiment

Units

10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (370) in Hunters of the Heartlands

- Reinforced x 1

Endless Spells & Invocations

Dreadful Visage (90)

Total: 1960 / 2000

Reinforced Units: 1 / 4

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 89

• Like 2

2k Pretenders (Hunters of the Heartlands + battle regiment)

Bladesinger on Exalted Chariot (hunter of god-beasts + Monarch of lies) (heal spell + pendant or 5+ ward)

Infernal Enrapturess

Sigvald

2 x 5 Hellstriders with whips

11 blissbarbs

1 x 10 + 2 x 5 Twinsouls (all three in Hunters of the Heartlands)

10 Ungor raiders

Bit of an anti-meta list since we're in a world where everyone are hyped up about bringing monsters. So how might I thrive in such a meta without leaning into it?

Bladesinger and Siggie serve as assassins.  Inf. Enrapturess annoy and feel some DP. Hellstriders disrupt and tie us as best they can. Raiders for some DP and sacrifice. Blissbarbs do what they do till someone sneezes at them. Finally, the three Twinsoul units go on the offence with Exalted and Siggie.

Might even be better with Godseekers (+1 charge and allows me to bounce around the exalted with retreat and charge). I just didn't want to miss out on the Pretenders hype and I gotta say, in a way where people are looking at monsters a lot 'hunter of godbeasts' is very nice and if the monster is also a character then that just means it is another -1 to hit.

Still got 60pts to spare. Not sure what to do with that, perhaps just include a spawn to serve as a roadblock.

The list is quite raw in my mind and I'll take any ideas which continues to build on the "anti-monster meta" mindset. Doesn't have to be explicit anti-monster, all the time, but generally speaking I don't want to go deep into monsters since everyone is!

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Selpharia said:

If you’re going so heavy on Twinsouls, a Shardspeaker or Lord of Pain might be value

Yeah, that's a good point and the balancing act I'm performing right now.

The pros are a lot more flexibility with my battleline units (and therefore the rest of the army) + a really good CA for the army to use. The downsides are losing a big scary unit (the exalted) and that LoP a fairly squishy general. The upside, however, is 3 units with +1 to charge and it adds another option for me in terms of grand strategy (edit: if I go with Godseekers).

I think I'm going to split these into two different army concepts and evolve them from there. I want to explore other ways to represent the possessed/duality aspect of Slaanesh the twinsouls bring as the twinsouls and painbringers are what brought me to Hedonites to begin with.

Cheers!

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nagashfan said:

Any ideas on alternative twinsouls heads besides using the painbringers ones?

If you’re interested in competitions officially hosted or sponsored by GW, I would look at getting some Dark Aelf or Drucari heads, and if you’re leaning away from elves then I would look at Space Wolf heads without the extra cybernetic bits; the long, flowing hair can add to the Slaanesh ascetic. Or, just go for some chaos warrior head bits if that fits your fancy. 

If you’re not going to be competing in official GW tournaments, then you can try some third party bits sellers; this one may be particularly interesting: 

https://www.spellcrow.com/pleasure-knights-heads-p-216.html

Spellcrow, Puppetswar, Maximini, etc. have some interesting stuff out there. 

• Like 1

Well I left my Hedonites behind when the new book and edition nuked the Depraved Drove, but I think I might want to try coming back. 

I'm thinking a list with Sigvald, a Lord of Pain, a 10-strong block of Twinsouls, 2 units of min-sized Painbringers and I'm not sure what else to add to that. Maybe a Shardspeaker/Daemon Wizard and an Endless Spell or two? Any advice? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slaangor19 said:

Well I left my Hedonites behind when the new book and edition nuked the Depraved Drove, but I think I might want to try coming back. 

I'm thinking a list with Sigvald, a Lord of Pain, a 10-strong block of Twinsouls, 2 units of min-sized Painbringers and I'm not sure what else to add to that. Maybe a Shardspeaker/Daemon Wizard and an Endless Spell or two? Any advice? 

This was a similar idea that I had while getting into Slaanesh recently. My original list revolved around just that- Sigvald, a LoP, 2x Painbringers, and 1x Reinforced Twinsouls. I decided to focus more on the Belakor+Sigvald+Dexcessa Package, but here’s a list that I was playing around with before:

Lurid Haze Invaders

Sivald (265) (General?)

LoP (155) (General)

Epitome (255) (General?)

Shardspeaker (155) (General) (Maybe the Spell Bonus stuff from the general artifacts for some real casting)

10x Twinsouls (370)

5x Painbringers (160)

5x Painbringers (160)

5x Blissbarb Seekers (220)

5x Blissbarb Seekers (220)

Cogs (45)

2000/2000

Points work out nicely here. Obviously you can play around with the points to work what units you have in, but I really like shooting and wizards, so I chose these packages as an example. I really like the Epitome as a reliable wizard and the cogs allow you to cast a bunch of stuff on your Epitome and Shardspeaker. The Shardspeaker’s +1 to wound for Twinsouls is REALLY powerful, and Overwhelming Acquiescence from the Epitome gives rerolls to targets you want to shoot/focus with other units. I think shooting is pretty necessary, so the Seekers act as 20 wound, FAST screens that can shoot pretty hard and far with MWs for focusing important stuff or spreading out for DP generation. Lurid Haze is important for Siggy, and mitigating the impact that making the LoP your general has, but you could pick whatever suits your fancy. You would also have to play around with Battalions.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

If you’re interested in competitions officially hosted or sponsored by GW, I would look at getting some Dark Aelf or Drucari heads, and if you’re leaning away from elves then I would look at Space Wolf heads without the extra cybernetic bits; the long, flowing hair can add to the Slaanesh ascetic. Or, just go for some chaos warrior head bits if that fits your fancy. 

If you’re not going to be competing in official GW tournaments, then you can try some third party bits sellers; this one may be particularly interesting: 

https://www.spellcrow.com/pleasure-knights-heads-p-216.html

Spellcrow, Puppetswar, Maximini, etc. have some interesting stuff out there. 

Thanks dude!

• Like 1

Second 3.0 practice game tonight, and I'm going with an utterly insane list: 

- Host: Godseekers Host
- Mortal Realm: Ulgu
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265) in Warlord
-
 General
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (115) in Warlord
-
 Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
The Contorted Epitome (255) in Warlord
-
 Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
Dexcessa, The Talon of Slaanesh (280)

Battleline
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180) in Warlord
5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135) in Hunters of the Heartlands
30 x Chaos Warriors (600) in Hunters of the Heartlands
-
 Halberd & Shield
- Reinforced x 2

The Burning Head (20)

Core Battalions
Warlord
Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 123

The idea is that my opponent will be so utterly flummoxed by me taking a massive horde of Chaos Warriors that he won't really know what to do (he almost certainly won't have horde-nuking spells) and I'll easily storm up the centre whilst supported on the flanks by Dexcessa and the Bladebringer. The Sorc Lord will support the Chaos Warriors and the Epitome will cast Overwhelming Acquiescence and generic spells to help the flanking units. 

Edit: upon reflection I'll like take the Chaos Warriors as 20/10 to give myself a bit more flexibility. 30 is slow and prone to just being ignored. 

Edited by LeonBox
  • Like 2

Just saw a post from Michael about a mini battle report he had, I'll copy it down here. By the looks of it, he's using the aforementioned list :)

It's pretty sparse on detail but you can kind of see what's happening and it gives us an idea of how the list plays.

---

2nd game vs fyreslayers in savage gains 

20210708_084640.jpg.ac5780b39020aaa756f5911e364b8dce.jpg

Turn 2 slaanesh win priority 7-7

20210708_084807.jpg.2eda8f61ccecf439b7b7998ec1654133.jpg

Turn 3 12 10 to slayers, top tip dont forget your easy battle tactic. Twinsouls wiped out the berzerkers. Priority to slayers turn 3 so the objective by gotrek and heartguard is gone20210708_084939.jpg.0d21c0144ff9222acd44da8ac4aef9c5.jpg

End of turn 3 belakor killed the warlord to be 20-17 up to the slaanesh 20 daemonettes summoned onto the 4 point objective . Priority to fyreslayers

20210708_085022.jpg.2becd1124c2fc244f9e5a2603fb47e57.jpg

Called top of turn 4 as the twinsouls virtually wiped out the hearthguard. As the fyreslayers were down to 6 10 models

The blissbarb and twinsouls are putting in some serious work.

---

Definitely interesting to see how the list plays - seemed to be a pretty crushing victory looking at how many Fyreslayers were left. 

From what was said after, I think Slothful Stupor and Be'lekor were shutting down Gotrek.

5 hours ago, Slaangor19 said:

As @mcnuggs said, a shardspeaker is really nice with twinsouls. She probably won't cast much, but thankfully the +1 to wound isn't a spell. The rest of what @mcnuggs said is all really good advice :)

There are a few other things to consider like Dexcessa or Synessa, or Glutos, or some of the exalted seekers. It really depends on the kind of list you enjoy :) Out of these, Glutos is the easiest and most reliable - he's probably one of the tankiest heroes in the game (tankier than the Glottkin weirdly enough) and provides nice bravery buffs and some brutal debuffs if you can get his spell off.

Mostly it's down to experimentation of what playstyle suits you

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Never thought I'd see that sentence in a battle report, yet here we are.

While they didn't say, I'd take a guess that the archers and Synessa assassinated all the heroes around them, and a 5+(or 4+) save with a 6+ ward will crumble to rerolling hits twinsouls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Starting a Path to Glory campaign this week end with my Hedonites.

Here s  s the list I m bringing at 600pts

Godseekers

Lord of pain

Warlord, arcane tome (flaming weapon), speed chaser

11 blissbarb archers

5 chaos knights w cursed lance

8 Iron golems

All of them in a Vanguard battallion 

I suspect at low points that our summoning can really break the game and decided against depravity farming to avoid some drama, although D3 depravity from the general if he gets a charge is pretty good at those low point games. I suspect I can get about 12 DP by turn 4 so really late in game that it should not really break the game. We ll see

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azdimy said:

Starting a Path to Glory campaign this week end with my Hedonites.

Here s  s the list I m bringing at 600pts

Godseekers

Lord of pain

Warlord, arcane tome (flaming weapon), speed chaser

11 blissbarb archers

5 chaos knights w cursed lance

8 Iron golems

All of them in a Vanguard battallion 

I suspect at low points that our summoning can really break the game and decided against depravity farming to avoid some drama, although D3 depravity from the general if he gets a charge is pretty good at those low point games. I suspect I can get about 12 DP by turn 4 so really late in game that it should not really break the game. We ll see

I don’t think DP breaks the game at low points. Less units on the table, you generate way less DP. 600pt game is going to have 3-4 max units per side, and unless everything gets hit in that turn (unlikely), you’ll only generate a few DP. I think you’ll see 12 by turn 3 at best. One KoS or 30man unit of daemonettes shouldn’t break the game.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

I don’t think DP breaks the game at low points. Less units on the table, you generate way less DP. 600pt game is going to have 3-4 max units per side, and unless everything gets hit in that turn (unlikely), you’ll only generate a few DP. I think you’ll see 12 by turn 3 at best. One KoS or 30man unit of daemonettes shouldn’t break the 

In a setup where units cannot be more than 300pts (50% of the army) but the summoning does not abide by those restrictions I disagree.

With a predatory endless spell wounding our own units and the subfaction abilities, it s 8DP a battleround on average. A KoS on turn 3 will absolutely wreck those small list on those 30x44 table

8 minutes ago, azdimy said:

In a setup where units cannot be more than 300pts (50% of the army) but the summoning does not abide by those restrictions I disagree.

With a predatory endless spell wounding our own units and the subfaction abilities, it s 8DP a battleround on average. A KoS on turn 3 will absolutely wreck those small list on those 30x44 table

A Fane is also free and can allow a hero to self harm for a DP as well, right?

Edited by KrispyXIV

3 hours ago, azdimy said:

Isn’t a KoS “pillow fisted” by common complaint these days? Sounds like an exalted bladebringer chariot would actually be scarier

3 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Isn’t a KoS “pillow fisted” by common complaint these days? Sounds like an exalted bladebringer chariot would actually be scarier

Scarier certainly - but the KOS is slightly harder to remove, has a CA that can double the output of another unit (such as a exalted bladebringer!), and counts for more models on an objective.  

Or maybe you just need 30 bodies to sit on an objective so you don't lose it to a charge next turn.  

Summoning looks super flexible, and any way you cut it it seems really powerful at low points.  

18 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Second 3.0 practice game tonight, and I'm going with an utterly insane list: 

- Host: Godseekers Host
- Mortal Realm: Ulgu
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265) in Warlord
-
 General
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (115) in Warlord
-
 Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
The Contorted Epitome (255) in Warlord
-
 Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
Dexcessa, The Talon of Slaanesh (280)

Battleline
11 x Blissbarb Archers (180) in Warlord
30 x Chaos Warriors (600) in Hunters of the Heartlands
-
 Halberd & Shield
- Reinforced x 2

The Burning Head (20)

Core Battalions
Warlord
Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 123

The idea is that my opponent will be so utterly flummoxed by me taking a massive horde of Chaos Warriors that he won't really know what to do (he almost certainly won't have horde-nuking spells) and I'll easily storm up the centre whilst supported on the flanks by Dexcessa and the Bladebringer. The Sorc Lord will support the Chaos Warriors and the Epitome will cast Overwhelming Acquiescence and generic spells to help the flanking units. 

Edit: upon reflection I'll like take the Chaos Warriors as 20/10 to give myself a bit more flexibility. 30 is slow and prone to just being ignored. 

Well, this went pretty horribly. I thought I'd take something a bit daft and fun for once instead of always going with the Glutos/Sigvald power combo, and of course my opponent (who has many armies but has recently always gone LRL, the most salt-inducing army possible) went with a Teclis list. Sigh. 

The game was basically lost from the get-go (my list had no teeth outside of Dexcessa, and his deployment left her with no easy targets). I moved up with everything and screened with the 20 Chaos Warriors across the centre. Unfortunately he got Crippling Vertigo or something off (bravery test to move, charge or pile in) and charged them with the mountain cow thing, so he functionally screened me off with my own screen and my Bladebringer couldn't counter-charge. Also Total Eclipse was in effect for the entire battle (as was any other spell he wanted from Teclis, since I had no bonuses to cast and was unlikely to unbind on an 11+). I also failed to get off any spells at all the whole battle except Battle Rapture in one instance. 

Anyway, lesson learned. Always go with the strongest possible list instead of trying something new, because chances are your opponent will turn up with Teclis. 

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

Ooof. No shame to you, Teclis is a beast. Hopefully you can find other people a bit more willing to play on even footing with a less killer list

Unfortunately we're in a very small meta of 3 (I live in a Chinese city and the foreign community is small with the pandemic) so I'm unlikely to escape the spectre of Teclis! He's a super rough matchup for Slaanesh for sure; if he's kept well screened there's not really a lot you can do about him except resign yourself to getting roflstomped every hero phase. 

• Sad 2

Glutos - 475

Sigvald - 265

Lord of pain - 155

Shardspeaker - 150

Blissbarb archers - 180

2 x 5 painbringers - 320

2 x slickblades - 460

2005 points

*eye roll* seriously gw. Thanks for all these 5 points.

Mebbe I can play the list if there is a points drops for slaanesh in 6 months.