AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

59 minutes ago, ibel said:

It is just okay to use if a Keeper stand 2,5" away from a Hero with max 2" Range. than u can hit them with Claws and the enemy hero not.

But it is so Situation..... can forgett it.

But you can't even do this now. Locus has a 1" range and you can't pile out, right? 

1 hour ago, ibel said:

Hey okay. But correct me if i am wrong u want a very big blob (Maybe in the Middel) to Support your Heros and Troops each other (CE with KOS or SoS and Fiends)

Is this not a littel bit against the Fieldcontroll Idea ?!

Field control should hopefully be done with summons and the battle line I have.

Hopefully with the various spell casters and fast combat units Dex,Kos,fiends I can generate enough dp to start getting out 20/30 daemonettes out to get the triple hit and rerolling 1s going.

And hopefully with phantasmagoria, stare and mask I can do some decent battleshock damage with inspiring only being used on one unit .

It's all just theory to be fair it may not work.

17 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

But you can't even do this now. Locus has a 1" range and you can't pile out, right? 

TL;DR: It is situational, just get another artefact.

The locus does not have to come from the artefact bearer. You could tie an enemy hero up with another hero, or prevent the enemy to pile into your "whatever" nearby unit.

Like using the Masque to tag Skarbrand so he can not pile into your Bladebringer shredding Blood Warriors.

Though generally I think some value in locus has been lost, with big single units, small 5 man units becoming likely the focus we wont be tying up large 30-40 man blocks as often. It will still be useful for controlling stuff.

I need to see other armies points increases to fully judge our strengths honestly. If they all match ours it will be fine, though I still think internally our points are a little jank(blissbarb archers at 160 to 180 for cav) I struggle to make lists that feel rounded in hedonites, could really do with some of the lesser heroes going down by 10-20 and blissbarbs down by 20, slaangors as usual either need drop or rewrite. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

Though generally I think some value in locus has been lost, with big single units, small 5 man units becoming likely the focus we wont be tying up large 30-40 man blocks as often. It will still be useful for controlling stuff

Yeah, the current locus isn't great on single models (or small units if they charge you), but it's very good against hordes if you can pin them down on the side, only letting one or two in. 

Personally, I prefer this locus to the old one. Is is stronger? No, it's weaker in 90% of cases, but it encourages more tactical play and doesn't devolve the army into neck stomping. While I think depravity was the true culprit of 2019 Slaanesh, Locus was less enjoyable to play against considering how much of a NPE it was.

12 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

need to see other armies points increases to fully judge our strengths honestly. If they all match ours it will be fine, though I still think internally our points are a little jank(blissbarb archers at 160 to 180 for cav) I struggle to make lists that feel rounded in hedonites, could really do with some of the lesser heroes going down by 10-20 and blissbarbs down by 20, slaangors as usual either need drop or rewrite

Hopefully the rumour that we have no changes is true. Of course, they could have just moved us up for consistency, but hopefully the general outcry against our points has made them think better of it. 

It's definitely worth keeping an eye out tonight for this general handbook reveal one of the YouTubers are going through. Hopefully all of our questions will be answered    

Question:

Do u think "Ritual Knife" could be a Option because (I read the text correctly) u can snipe out Models.

So u can Snipe out the Champ of the Unit and BAMM no more Commands for this Units without a hero.

(could be something a Enemy is not on guard against) ?!

1 minute ago, ibel said:

Question:

Do u think "Ritual Knife" could be a Option because (I read the text correctly) u can snipe out Models.

So u can Snipe out the Champ of the Unit and BAMM no more Commands for this Units without a hero.

(could be something a Enemy is not on guard against) ?!

Unfortunately not :( the model has to already have had wounds allocated against it, so the opponent would have had to have chosen to hurt the champion beforehand

---

On a separate note, the ability I always forget about is ever so slightly better, kind of! Dark Temptations offers a +1 to hit, which the hero may already have (and can't stack), so they are a little bit more likely to take a d3 MWs. Tbh, most people take the MWs anyway, but it now means the gift will sometimes have no use for the opponent :P

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Enoby said:

On a separate note, the ability I always forget about is ever so slightly better, kind of! Dark Temptations offers a +1 to hit, which the hero may already have (and can't stack), so they are a little bit more likely to take a d3 MWs. Tbh, most people take the MWs anyway, but it now means the gift will sometimes have no use for the opponent :P

I had honestly forgot about that as I only ever use it against none combat casters but now.... I may just use it anyway! 

• Like 1

With the 3.0 changes, I struggle to understand whether using S2D chaos warriors as our battelline remains possible, as the rules seem to state that you have to use models from your faction (i.e. battletome). What are your thoughts on this?

19 minutes ago, Silphid said:

With the 3.0 changes, I struggle to understand whether using S2D chaos warriors as our battelline remains possible, as the rules seem to state that you have to use models from your faction (i.e. battletome). What are your thoughts on this?

Currently, not possible - but there's a chance this will be clarified in the FAQ or GHB :) 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Currently, not possible - but there's a chance this will be clarified in the FAQ or GHB :) 

I’m glad I didn’t repaint my CWs to Slaanesh. However, my mind has been going on complete overdrive on list building (even if nothing is down on paper yet). 

There is a 0% chance of me not running Sigvald any time I use lurid haze. Avoiding him is like taking an intentional handicap, especially as he’s a character I’ve owned and enjoyed using since he came out in WHFB way back. 

I think a single keeper is the way to go, Shalaxi, Hellstriders for fast, 10wound units. Whips with the pile-in locus from a support hero can make them untouchable in the right circumstances. I actually have no intention of using Blissbarbs (just not a fan). And some Slickblade units. Then the endless spells. Oh yes…please…

• Like 1

The potential loss of S2D is sad, but I was already resigned to using them as a 2nd army after the euphoric killers change. It's a shame though, since I was planning to try out running a warshrine, and by the wording of enhancements I don't think allied priests gain access to the generic prayers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

The potential loss of S2D is sad, but I was already resigned to using them as a 2nd army after the euphoric killers change. It's a shame though, since I was planning to try out running a warshrine, and by the wording of enhancements I don't think allied priests gain access to the generic prayers.

I was about to type about Syll’Esskan host requiring S2D, but it doesn’t. It uses mortals combined with daemons, in equal parts. It just gave battalion options to use S2D. I’d imagine Slickblades and such count just as well as knights for the bonuses from the army. 

32 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

think a single keeper is the way to go, Shalaxi, Hellstriders for fast, 10wound units. Whips with the pile-in locus from a support hero can make them untouchable in the right circumstances. I actually have no intention of using Blissbarbs (just not a fan). And some Slickblade units. Then the endless spells. Oh yes…please…

I am really wanting to try out Shalaxi - they don't strike me as amazing, but maybe they'll pull through, especially now heroes are more common. A 3+ rerolling save isn't bad by any stretch vs heroes. 

On the other hand, they are likely to fluff...

Against a 3+ save, they do 9 damage on average against a hero with their warscroll buffs. It's not bad, but not reliable either 

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

Well, at least every Priest in the army can get a prayer. I think this one is clearer than Unique units and spells. As allied are not mentioned in the sidenote next to 27.3.1.

9 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Over in the rumor thread they said we lose S2D battleline as battleline options. But we can still keep them in as non-allies. It was specifically addressed by goonhammer. 

Yep, this was confirmed in the facehammer review of the book. StD is a "coalition army" to HoS (and other Chaos armies). They can be included without being allies but just can't be battleline.

So grab yourself a warshrine for that sweet sweet priest keyword.

• Like 1