AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

10 hours ago, Popisdead said:

I was listening to Russ Veal on AoS Coach talk about Slaanesh and discuss a couple lists.  Russ is going towards Lurid Haze, Invaders, Sigvald, Keeper and,.. well stuff.  It was good to hear.

A sidebar Russ made was that when they are reached out to playtest he was busy with something else so he only got the PDF before the book and the comments were the design took into account that Slaanesh would have access to more than just the internal book so GW's direction was "people will take external stuff anyway so we set that as our baseline" kinda idea.  The other thing he mentioned was the first Slaanesh book is considered a Daemons of Slaanesh book, this is draft 1 of Hedonites of Slaanesh and how the army will operate going forward.  I assume putting together more than just internal options and the depravity and locus might not change much.

Thanks, this is really interesting to know - it does feel like they were testing the waters with this book, keeping things very similar to the previous book besides the outliers. If we're lucky, this survey may help steer the design of books in the future. 

Speaking of which, the specific non-points changes going from the survey and what I've seen in comments would be:

- Rewrite Slaangor warscrolls, people love the models but don't want to use them in game

- Give a stronger narrative to the hosts, they seem outdated at the moment with Slaanesh having been pretty much found

- Give a few long lasting buffs in the army; the only friendly buff in the book is rerolling hits, but it's too short range to synergise well as it's wholly within and in the combat phase, and only affects one unit. Buffs that target enemies aren't as satisfying (e.g. shardspeaker and acquiescence) 

- Give more interesting sub allegiances that directly impact how the army plays, rather than just providing small bonuses (e.g. if a  Godseekers sub-host gave a bonus to mounted units on a charge)

- There have been a lot of calls for more creative warscrolls; many units have abilities which are basically mortal wounds or rerolling charges, which aren't bad but they're not inspiring. This is likely compounded by the lack of buffs and synergy

- Speaking of, the biggest complaint is lack of synergy. This comes in two parts: non-hedonite Slaanesh units feel about as much in the army as an allied unit, except some host abilities (e.g. Godseekers +1 to charge), but these feel very minor. The second is there's no feeling of satisfying synergy, "wooo, if I take this with this then I'll get this!", for example if Heralds buffed daemonettes with a command ability or even just a passive aura, it would feel good to put them together. In some cases there is anti synergy, where units like Blissbarb Archers do not benefit from Euphoric Killers or the Pretenders trait. There are also some complaints about some units not having any bonuses in battalions, such as fiends not benefiting from revellers

- The mortal spell lore is very lacking despite there being 2 in book mortal wizards. Expanding this to six spells, including a buffing spell, would be appreciated 

- Summoning is a must in the army, which is a shame for those who want to run fully mortal. Perhaps a way to spend depravity other than summoning would be good

Am I missing anything when it comes to general complaints we've seen about?

10 hours ago, Jaskier said:

Also just speaking from experience, Soul Grinders are decent, but they graduate to fantastic in Daemonsteel Contingent - you have to use Syll'Esskan Host to unlock that battalion, but 3+ save Soul Grinders with +1 to-hit are one of, if not the best Depravity generators you can get.

I really want to try soulgrinders but I'm too cautious about buying one with the removal of battalions rumour circling about.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

LoL. Is that comment about GW saying "nah, we will just release some DLCs so the suckers have to pay for more books if they want to play a decent army" for real? I'm not surprised, but at the same time I couldn't be happier I bought exactly nothing out of all their new releases. 

On 4/28/2021 at 1:59 PM, Sorrow said:

Honestly, if they changed points for Twinsouls and Painbringers and did a rewrite of Slaangor scrolls, I am beyond delighted.   🤩

I am hoping @AngryPanda comes in, we need to send this to GW asap, possibly from multiple people as you already said.

I am volunteering to be one of those people.  We all need to send same data and same message.

Dear GW,

I have been an active member of both the 40k and Warhammer Fantasy community for over 14 years. I love the hobby, as the universes of 40k and AoS are my favorite science fiction and fantasy settings respectfully. 

Since 2016, Age of Sigmar has been a significant passion of mine to which I've dedicated many hours. As a Khorne Bloodbound and Slaanesh player, I have undergone narrative campaigns, casual nights, and have also participated in a few local tournaments; many great memories have come from these events.

I have had my fair share of experiences, and am enjoying the direction that the game is heading. The new Hedonites release from February had me very excited, for the mortal sculpts are some of the best I've seen come from the design studio. Yet, having played against them a few times and observing several other games, I and some prominent figures in the community (Goonhammer, The Honest Wargamer, Miniwargaming, Age of Sigmar List Lab , etc.) have noticed that the point values for the mortal and many Daemon units are excessively high. 

To express my opinion, I have recently taken a survey which has been passed throughout the AoS community online and has received over 300 responses. Linked is the survey and the results: 

Survey

Survey Results

In the coming months, I and others in the community feel that a point decrease to the mortal units mentioned, potentially to some Daemons, and a change to the Slaangor warscroll would bring the army more into alignment/balance with other armies. 

I hope you consider the feedback that I have suggested for future updates or changes to the army, as well as the data within the recent survey, and I look forward to the coming years of content!

Best regards and thank you,

- AngryPanda

Edit: This is the email I sent to GW that can also be used as a general template; I took some time drafting to ensure that it was well worded and polite, but also gets the main points across. The important content to include is: your opinion, the survey and the results, the mentioning of prominent figures, and your suggestions based on the data and feedback from the community. Other then this, you can modify the email as you see fit. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 4/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, Sorrow said:

How do you feel about our new rules? From cost to creativity?

@Popisdead

Let us hope we get a good development team to take a look at this survey.

There is a lot of room to be desired. Blissbarb archers getting like zero support. Mortals just frankly overcosted with non-synergies. Perhaps the twins fix a lot of this, but while I want the twins to be desirable, I don't want their existence the means for GW to sell us a fix for the book. "See? we didn't intentionally write you guys a non-syngergistic book! It was here... in KRAGNOS!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carnith said:

There is a lot of room to be desired. Blissbarb archers getting like zero support. Mortals just frankly overcosted with non-synergies. Perhaps the twins fix a lot of this, but while I want the twins to be desirable, I don't want their existence the means for GW to sell us a fix for the book. "See? we didn't intentionally write you guys a non-syngergistic book! It was here... in KRAGNOS!"

Personally, I can’t see how the twins are going to be the sole fix for our book. Best case scenario, they’re going to be amazing rule-wise and have variants that will either be complete blenders in combat, central pieces to synergies the army around, or both.

Worst case scenario, they’ll both be overpriced versions of a Keeper of Secrets, similar to Shalaxi. 

Considering the best case scenario, it would mean that the majority of armies would be taking the Twins, Glutos, or Keeper/Sigvald combos, with blocks of chaos warriors to hold objectives and Slickbades to cause damage. Pretty much everything else in the book (besides Fiends which are decent) is overpriced; the sub-allegiances are also outdated lore-wise and are varyingly weak (excluding Lurid Haze). 

If there are going to be changes to us in the coming book, it would need to update or give us new sub-allegiances that bring us up to date on rules and the corresponding lore (makes no sense why there are god seekers and pretenders when Slaanesh has been found), along with some decent rules for the new twin models. This, and points need to be adjusted, which is most likely to happen (if it does) over the summer when AoS 3 drops. 

On a side note, I’m betting that next weeks Warhammer Week reveals are going to announce at some point the third edition, either on Monday or Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Carnith said:

Glutos + Shardspeaker + Lord of Pain with Twinsouls (or any combat mortal unit). Lots of useful auras, command abilities, and spells.

Syll'esske command ability works wonders to negate any issues with battleshock for our elite mortal units. 

Nobles of Excess (re-rolling to wounds on charge) is interesting for Godseekers (+1 to charge) or Lurid Haze (for an alpha strike). Seeker Cavalcade is an obvious mention. I'm quite skeptical of the 3rd edition rumours (gets a bit too close to what someone's wish list might look like) so I'm including battalions.

We have the option (for now) to double-dip with using double-hosts for some really useful stuff. I wouldn't be taken aback if we see an updated version in the upcoming BR, just how we saw with Belakor's legion. If we don't, FAQ still says we can keep using them. Lurid Haze command ability is just tasty.

+ all the other stuff which works for mortal/daemon alike.

I can understand that people say the army is over-costed in places but there are plenty synergies in the book. Could you explain what you mean with non-synergetic? The issue I see is just the cost of the units makes them harder to utilise, if we see some drops next points adjustment or if 3rd/upcoming BR puts them into perspective we'll be in a good place.

Then there's the utility of DPs and summoning to play around with. It be cool if we could lean more heavily into the mortal side of things but then HoS would dip their toes into Slaves to Darkness territory too much, I think.

TL;DR: I think there are synergies aplenty and all that's really needed is some point adjustments to allow us to play around with them more. Hope I'm not coming off as jumping at your throat, I just think the doom and gloom surrounding the book is a bit exaggerated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Glutos + Shardspeaker + Lord of Pain with Twinsouls (or any combat mortal unit). Lots of useful auras, command abilities, and spells.

Syll'esske command ability works wonders to negate any issues with battleshock for our elite mortal units. 

Nobles of Excess (re-rolling to wounds on charge) is interesting for Godseekers (+1 to charge) or Lurid Haze (for an alpha strike). Seeker Cavalcade is an obvious mention. I'm quite skeptical of the 3rd edition rumours (gets a bit too close to what someone's wish list might look like) so I'm including battalions.

We have the option (for now) to double-dip with using double-hosts for some really useful stuff. I wouldn't be taken aback if we see an updated version in the upcoming BR, just how we saw with Belakor's legion. If we don't, FAQ still says we can keep using them. Lurid Haze command ability is just tasty.

+ all the other stuff which works for mortal/daemon alike.

I can understand that people say the army is over-costed in places but there are plenty synergies in the book. Could you explain what you mean with non-synergetic? The issue I see is just the cost of the units makes them harder to utilise, if we see some drops next points adjustment or if 3rd/upcoming BR puts them into perspective we'll be in a good place.

Then there's the utility of DPs and summoning to play around with. It be cool if we could lean more heavily into the mortal side of things but then HoS would dip their toes into Slaves to Darkness territory too much, I think.

TL;DR: I think there are synergies aplenty and all that's really needed is some point adjustments to allow us to play around with them more. Hope I'm not coming off as jumping at your throat, I just think the doom and gloom surrounding the book is a bit exaggerated.

So I look at things like the shard speaker which offers a buff for next combat phase only, a fragile buff hero who doesn't have the magical potency to get it's defensive buff. The Lord of Pain who is super slow and makes for a difficult buff piece for seekers. Mortal spells which really just aren't appealing to try to run, such as Dark Delusions (rolling to cast, hoping not to be unbound, then hoping you can beat enemy bravery is a bad spell). 

Perhaps the decrease in points we need will help this. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carnith said:

So I look at things like the shard speaker which offers a buff for next combat phase only, a fragile buff hero who doesn't have the magical potency to get it's defensive buff. The Lord of Pain who is super slow and makes for a difficult buff piece for seekers. Mortal spells which really just aren't appealing to try to run, such as Dark Delusions (rolling to cast, hoping not to be unbound, then hoping you can beat enemy bravery is a bad spell). 

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. If the shardspeaker and LoP were a bit cheaper it wouldn't hurt so much that they're expendable. Though fragile support characters seem to be an issue with the meta at large. I'm both hoping and expecting 3rd edition to add more protection for fragile and non-monster characters.

Then as we have a few more units we'll able to bring in more reinforcements with DPs.

• Like 1

Just had another battle against Lumineth Realm Lords. I had: 

Lurid Haze (Invaders) 

Leader x5 

Glutos, general, Dark Delusions

The Masque, general 

Contorted Epitome, general, malfunctioning Rod of Misrule, Born Of Damnation 

Infernal Enrapturess, amulet of arrow attraction 

Bladebringer on Hellflayer, Soulslice Shards 

Battleline x3 

Chaos Warriors x3, shields, all the bells and whistles, wondering why they're wearing Tzeentch colours in a Slaanesh army

Others x3 

Fiends x3, Blissbringer 

Seekers x5 

Seekers x5 

His army, roughly: 

Stupid Giant Stone Mountain Cow Thing, named, basically unkillable 

Weepy weepy sorrow-face lady with veil, strong desire to sit up in her bonsai meditation garden the whole battle 

Light of Eltharion, also basically unkillable unless you're Tzeentch 

Stone Mage, inability to case a single spell all battle 

Lore-seeker, deployed with army and so lost most of his cool stuff 

Stone mountain hammer guys , 2x5 

10x pike guys 

2x10 annoying irritating LoS-ignoring MWs-on-6s-having archers 

5x Auralan knight dudes 

Scenario was "Knife's Edge" I believe it's called -- 2 objectives diagonally opposite each other, need to take both to win. Very tough to do so against LRL, but also very tough for my opponent to take mine since his average movement was 6".

My job was further complicated by both of his flanks being protected by terrain -- one by a bunch of rocks and the other by a tower. It was next to impossible to bait any of his units out of position. Theoretically, all he needed to do was march straight up the middle of the battlefield and take my objective whilst ensuring his backfield was protected. 

Some thoughts: 

Fiends + Glutos are really, really good. Though only a unit of 3, they held his named Cow Mountain up for 2 turns with their -2 to hit. They even put four wounds on him, despite him having 2+ unrendable re-roll 1s for a turn (and 3+ unrendable re-roll 1s the other turn). The -1 debuff to spellcasting was instrumental in shutting down his 7-8 casts per turn once I got them in range. 

Glutos more than pulls his considerable weight. He's the tankiest unit we've got and only gets stronger as the game goes on. He took 7 mortal wounds in a single round of shooting (2x10 sentinels, one buffed to MWs on 5+) because I failed his 5++ on turn 2, but between the Epitome's healing spell and his gorge on excess, I managed to pull him back. He held the line and stopped any of his units breaking through to my objective. 

The list sorely lacks stopping power. There's sadly nothing Slaanesh can do about this LRL faction ability, which ignores rend up to -2 and doesn't have much in the way of mortal wounds. Even a Keeper would have fluffed against the Mountain Cow/his hammer dudes. 

Seekers continue to represent, shutting down a unit of his archers for a couple of shooting phases. My opponent has started to focus them quite heavily. 

Chaos Warriors are unimpressive but sturdy. 4+/5++ for MWs is nothing to sniff at, and they held off all of his rank and file for the whole battle. 

Depravity point generation came late in the game (I generated almost none for the first two turns) and so I was left with more than I could spend. I summoned 30 daemonettes in turn 4, but couldn't really do too much with them as his objective was blocked off by a bunch of rocks and Eltharion. I had like 20 DPs when we called it. 

We had to call it turn 4; we didn't sort out secondary objectives, so we just called it a draw as there was no way he was breaking through Glutos + warriors in a turn, and I was going to summon reinforcements again my turn 5. Unfortunately, his objective was too well-defended for me to make it through either. 

Edited by LeonBox
Spelling
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Carnith said:

I am also hoping the rumoured charge reactions make combats last longer, her spells are kind of short range, shes not a great caster, and her other ability needs to be within 9" and is unreliable on a 3+ so cant really plan around it. so defensively painbringers can receive a charge on a 3+ re rolling, then on your turn push through with the shardspeaker + 1 to wound their target.

What would be cute is if she could have consumed some depravity for casting bonuses, though I still think whole army would be neat if they had a few other depravity outlets not tied to just summoning.

7 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Just had another battle against Lumineth Realm Lords. I had: 

Lurid Haze (Invaders) 

Leader x5 

Glutos, general, Dark Delusions

The Masque, general 

Contorted Epitome, general, malfunctioning Rod of Misrule, Born Of Damnation 

Infernal Enrapturess, amulet of arrow attraction 

Bladebringer on Hellflayer, Soulslice Shards 

Battleline x3 

Chaos Warriors x3, shields, all the bells and whistles, wondering why they're wearing Tzeentch colours in a Slaanesh army

Others x3 

Fiends x3, Blissbringer 

Seekers x5 

Seekers x5 

His army, roughly: 

Stupid Giant Stone Mountain Cow Thing, named, basically unkillable 

Weepy weepy sorrow-face lady with veil, strong desire to sit up in her bonsai meditation garden the whole battle 

Light of Eltharion, also basically unkillable unless you're Tzeentch 

Stone Mage, inability to case a single spell all battle 

Lore-seeker, deployed with army and so lost most of his cool stuff 

Stone mountain hammer guys , 2x5 

10x pike guys 

2x10 annoying irritating LoS-ignoring MWs-on-6s-having archers 

5x Auralan knight dudes 

Scenario was "Knife's Edge" I believe it's called -- 2 objectives diagonally opposite each other, need to take both to win. Very tough to do so against LRL, but also very tough for my opponent to take mine since his average movement was 6".

My job was further complicated by both of his flanks being protected by terrain -- one by a bunch of rocks and the other by a tower. It was next to impossible to bait any of his units out of position. Theoretically, all he needed to do was march straight up the middle of the battlefield and take my objective whilst ensuring his backfield was protected. 

Some thoughts: 

Fiends + Glutos are really, really good. Though only a unit of 3, they held his named Cow Mountain up for 2 turns with their -2 to hit. They even put four wounds on him, despite him having 2+ unrendable re-roll 1s for a turn (and 3+ unrendable re-roll 1s the other turn). The -1 debuff to spellcasting was instrumental in shutting down his 7-8 casts per turn once I got them in range. 

Glutos more than pulls his considerable weight. He's the tankiest unit we've got and only gets stronger as the game goes on. He took 7 mortal wounds in a single round of shooting (2x10 sentinels, one buffed to MWs on 5+) because I failed his 5++ on turn 2, but between the Epitome's healing spell and his gorge on excess, I managed to pull him back. He held the line and stopped any of his units breaking through to my objective. 

The list sorely lacks stopping power. There's sadly nothing Slaanesh can do about this LRL faction ability, which ignores rend up to -2 and doesn't have much in the way of mortal wounds. Even a Keeper would have fluffed against the Mountain Cow/his hammer dudes. 

Seekers continue to represent, shutting down a unit of his archers for a couple of shooting phases. My opponent has started to focus them quite heavily. 

Chaos Warriors are unimpressive but sturdy. 4+/5++ for MWs is nothing to sniff at, and they held off all of his rank and file for the whole battle. 

Depravity point generation came late in the game (I generated almost none for the first two turns) and so I was left with more than I could spend. I summoned 30 daemonettes in turn 4, but couldn't really do too much with them as his objective was blocked off by a bunch of rocks and Eltharion. I had like 20 DPs when we called it. 

We had to call it turn 4; we didn't sort out secondary objectives, so we just called it a draw as there was no way he was breaking through Glutos + warriors in a turn, and I was going to summon reinforcements again my turn 5. Unfortunately, his objective was too well-defended for me to make it through either. 

Nice list! Fiends and Glutos are very difficult to deal with, they can be used as a base to build some very unique castle lists. Something I’ve considered doing for the fun is taking a pretenders host with Glutos as the General, followed by a sturdy wall of Fiends in the front; would be interesting to use but I’m unsure how competitive it would be. 

In regards to hitting power, have you thought about removing the Infernal Enrapturess in order to invest more into fiends or seekers? The reason I say to remove the Enrapturess is because you can easily summon her in at 7 DP; I never invest points in her because of how expensive the models is point-wise and how cheap it is to summon her.

Maybe remove the Contorted Epitome as well? Glutos is a decent spell caster; you can try replacing the Epitome with more seekers or a shardspeaker running next to Glutos, and some Chaos Warriors to screen. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

Nice list! Fiends and Glutos are very difficult to deal with, they can be used as a base to build some very unique castle lists. Something I’ve considered doing for the fun is taking a pretenders host with Glutos as the General, followed by a sturdy wall of Fiends in the front; would be interesting to use but I’m unsure how competitive it would be. 

In regards to hitting power, have you thought above removing the Infernal Enrapturess, in order to invest more into fiends or seekers? The reason I say to remove the Enrapturess is because you can easily summon her in at 7 DP; I never invest points in her because of how expensive the models is point-wise and how cheap it is to summon her in. 

Maybe also get rid of the Contorted Epitome? Glutos is a decent spell caster, you can try replacing the Epitome with more seekers or a shardspeaker running next to Glutos and some Chaos Warriors to screen. 

Absolutely on the Enrapturess and Epitome -- I only run them because that's all I've got painted up at the moment, and will be replacing them with mortal options as soon as they're ready. My only other options right now are a Keeper and Shalaxi, neither of which seemed worth running. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Hello Hedonites!

wanted some advice, below is a work in progress shot but I am struggling with what colour the base should be. I initially tried with grey stone but it didn’t work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance 😘

822FC328-DF61-4C77-8041-0A88EDCFEB77.jpeg

That base looks great! How are you getting that effect and what are the bigger boulders made from? 

1 hour ago, LeonBox said:

That base looks great! How are you getting that effect and what are the bigger boulders made from? 

Thanks but I still need to paint it 😄 the materials are fish tank gravel and reptile calcium sand, I get all my basing mats from my local pet shop.

I've not sent this email yet, but I'm wanting to get people's opinion on it (if any) before I do :) I wanted it to be quite in depth and I'll be posting it to social media for other people to see and maybe copy parts from if they'd also like to send an email:

"Hi! 

I hope you’re well and you've had a good weekend :)

I apologise in advance for what is very likely to be a long email, but I’ll try to keep it as concise as possible. As you may have already heard from a few other emails sent before this from others, I’ve recently conducted a survey (333 people) on the new Hedonites of Slaanesh battletome. There were a few grumblings online about it, especially about points cost, and I thought it would be helpful for me to put together a survey and get all of those thoughts in one place so you could have a look through them. 

This email will put forward a summarised version, but you can find the results of the survey here in their full form with a more detailed look over it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1utDTsRtI_sZRHMUhDeTa0XDbIzhhxjpAsBAK5PhI_Z0/edit?usp=sharing or I’ve put together an easier to read version on a forum if you just want a quick look through https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/28082-the-hedonites-of-slaanesh-battletome-2021-survey/?do=findComment&comment=503933 

The survey mostly looked at points costs because they’re the thing I’ve seen the most comments about, but there were a couple of other points too touched upon. 

On the case of points costs, 79% of the 333 people who took the survey felt that a significant number of units in the book were overcosted, with 13.5% thinking they were correctly pointed. There were no units a significant number of people thought were undercosted, but there were quite a few that a significant number (above 65%) thought were overcosted and a less than 25% thought were correctly costed. These include (percentage who believe they were overcosted in brackets): Blissbarb archers (74.5%), Lord of Pain (66.1%), Slaangors (88%), Symbaresh Twinsouls (75.7%), Myrmadesh Painbringers (78.4%).

In addition, 38.1% of people said that while they do play Slaanesh the points cost stopped them buying some models that they would like to use, and 15.9% said that they chose not to play Slaanesh because of the points cost. 

I hope this data helps encourage some points reductions in the above models (and maybe others depending on what you’re thinking) - loads of people love the release and would love to buy an army, but feel restricted by the points costs. There have been some complaints on daemon points cost too, but most discussion is on the mortals and I feel there may have been too many units to conduct a survey in full (I can imagine some people may have gotten bored halfway through!). 

The second half of this email will be about the rules in general. I totally get that these are difficult to change and I don’t think anyone’s expecting any changes soon (besides those very exciting looking twins). This is more just for the future - whether that’s the next battletome, supplementary rulebooks, a white dwarf article, or even a GHB later down the line. 

The survey asked who was in general happy with the rules, when ignoring points, and 61.2% said they either liked or strongly liked the rules, whereas 24.5% said they disliked or strongly disliked the rules (more options were available). That said, there were a few suggestions on what people would like later down the line, or may not like at the moment. To summarise these comments, I’ve compiled a list:

• On the survey, 70.6% people wanted a rewrite of the Slaangor warscrolls; people love the models but don't want to use them in game

• Give a stronger narrative to the hosts, they seem outdated at the moment with Slaanesh having been pretty much found

• Give a few long lasting buffs in the army; the only friendly buff in the book is rerolling hits, but it's too short range to synergise well as it's wholly within and in the combat phase, and only affects one unit. Buffs that target enemies aren't as satisfying (e.g. shardspeaker and acquiescence) 

• Give more interesting sub allegiances that directly impact how the army plays, rather than just providing small bonuses (e.g. if a Godseekers sub-host gave a bonus to mounted units on a charge to encourage a cavalry list)

• There have been a lot of calls for more creative warscrolls; many units have abilities which are basically mortal wounds or rerolling charges, which aren't bad but they're not inspiring. This is likely compounded by the lack of buffs and synergy

• Speaking of, the biggest complaint is lack of synergy. This comes in two parts: non-hedonite Slaanesh units feel about as much in the army as an allied unit, except some host abilities (e.g. Godseekers +1 to charge), but these feel very minor. The second is there's no feeling of satisfying synergy, "wooo, if I take this with this then I'll get this!", for example if Heralds buffed daemonettes with a command ability or even just a passive aura, it would feel good to put them together. In some cases there is anti synergy, where units like Blissbarb Archers do not benefit from Euphoric Killers or the Pretenders trait. There are also some complaints about some units not having any bonuses in battalions, such as fiends not benefiting from revellers

• The mortal spell lore is very lacking despite there being 2 in book mortal wizards. Expanding this to six spells, including a buffing spell, would be appreciated 

• Summoning is a must in the army, which is a shame for those who want to run fully mortal. Perhaps a way to spend depravity other than summoning would be good

I’m sure many Slaanesh fans would love to see these changes at some point, but I totally understand how busy you must be when it comes to writing other rules for other systems. I think a points decrease on some units would be a great start; you’ll know best on what the decrease should be. Any rules update based on the above guidelines in the future would be fantastic! 

I hope this has been helpful or at least informative :) I don’t want this to come off as some big rant - it’s not meant to be! This survey isn't an online protest - it's just collecting information to make it easier to see for you. I, and many others, are just really passionate about Slaanesh and the new models and many of us would love to see a few changes here and there so we can make full use of our army. I’d love to hear back from you with your thoughts, though I fully understand how difficult it may be with how busy you are.  

Many thanks, "

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

With the possibility of getting rid of battalions in the near future, this is what I am looking at right now for an army list.

Keeper of secrets as the general with slothful stupor as the spell

Sigvald 

belakor

two units of slick blade Seekers

2 5-man units of chaos warriors 1 unit of Daemonettes

one exulted chariot

mesmerizing mirror, and chromatic Cogs. 

nine units, two endless spells, 2000 points on the dot and 113 wounds. Two sources to mess up enemy heroes, a bunch of big-wound units, and improved charge range combined with deep striking...should be fun

Edited by TimeToWaste85
Apparent swearing

It makes it really hard to figure out what I want to do with Slaanesh moving forward. I still plan to rep the god of excess, so the army isn't going away, but knowing what I want to buy is the struggle. I recently purchased two more myrmadesh kits, either to make some twin souls, but I struggle to be inspired. 

Building towards the battalion may not be the best goal as it could be going away, so I may just sit on them until the twins come out and return them and get both twins.

I almost want a third seeker kit instead cause painting seekers is kinda fun and I could use some blissbarb seekers, but damn that last seeker in the book for being a real pain to build, at least as a slick blade.  

• Like 1

@Carnith If you haven't already seen this there's a list specifically focusing on Nobles of Excess and Twinsouls/painbringers. He raises some interesting points on blissbarb archers and uses them in both of the lists they're analysing. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Carnith said:

It makes it really hard to figure out what I want to do with Slaanesh moving forward. I still plan to rep the god of excess, so the army isn't going away, but knowing what I want to buy is the struggle. I recently purchased two more myrmadesh kits, either to make some twin souls, but I struggle to be inspired. 

Building towards the battalion may not be the best goal as it could be going away, so I may just sit on them until the twins come out and return them and get both twins.

I almost want a third seeker kit instead cause painting seekers is kinda fun and I could use some blissbarb seekers, but damn that last seeker in the book for being a real pain to build, at least as a slick blade.  

Really? I found the second to be the most PITA to build. The leader was easiest. Made me think everyone was whining for nothing. Then I built the second...I haven’t touched my second box yet. Lol

17 hours ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Hello Hedonites!

wanted some advice, below is a work in progress shot but I am struggling with what colour the base should be. I initially tried with grey stone but it didn’t work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance 😘

822FC328-DF61-4C77-8041-0A88EDCFEB77.jpeg

It would depend on the colour of all the models - are the daemonettes and mortals going to be wearing a that kind of teal and metallic purple?

Honestly, I like the look of the bare sand, so perhaps a zandri dust with seraphim sepia wash, perhaps some brown or grey for the rocks too, and perhaps a (yellow/green) grass tuft here and there?

Are you going with any kind of theme for your army? That could also help make choices

Just wanted to point out something strange: in the recent info video for the reveal of Kragnos, the designer talked about his excitement for all the new centerpiece models, except for the upcoming Twins.

I find it strange, considering leading up to our release we didn’t get much love either; GW couldn’t even find time to mention the birth of a God’s offspring. 

Link to video

• Sad 2