AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

17 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Hey everyone,

I finally started my army and was wondering what paints  are you all using for skin color?

Much obliged.

Honestly, I prime white, then use Gryph Charger grey (contrast) over all skin (mortal and daemon alike). Then they get a dry-brush of Ulthuan grey. This gives a sort of marble/statue type skin finish. Which given the “flawless perfection” of Slaanesh, it’s very in character. Here’s an example for a Keeper and a Lord of Pain

B10D39EB-AFF9-40BE-AB44-B7F383CB88BE.jpeg

40F6D8F7-0FE6-4EE0-BBFA-4C7B4755B891.jpeg

and of course I use a picture of an unfinished keeper. Lol

Edited by TimeToWaste85
  • Like 2

Ok i need help buddy of mine got into aos went all in on new slaanesh and the new models. he’s really struggling as other people he got in with they’re playing stuff like Ko and stormcast and they’re netlisting like most people coming from video games do and he’s just getting tabled. I’ve been here before i feel his pain i used to play only dispossesed. I know the army is in a sad state but i’m an order and death player i dont know much about the new book. What list can i recommend him thats a little more training wheels or fun so he can at least get on the road to see some results past turn 2. 

tried watching the warhammer weekly on it as i know vince is a huge slaanesh fan and didn’t look good. Got one decent list out of it thats mostly slickblade spam but its really finessy for a new player.

Trying to make sure he doesnt just quit whats kinda the standard list you guys have developed?

Unfortunately there really isn't a consensus list other than that slick blades and gluttos are good.

EDIT If your friend got into AOS from MOBA or other games that have characters/classes maybe he could try to explain that his army is like a low tier character and see if people would be willing to tone down lists.

Edited by herohammer

44 minutes ago, Bozly said:

Ok i need help buddy of mine got into aos went all in on new slaanesh and the new models. he’s really struggling as other people he got in with they’re playing stuff like Ko and stormcast and they’re netlisting like most people coming from video games do and he’s just getting tabled. I’ve been here before i feel his pain i used to play only dispossesed. I know the army is in a sad state but i’m an order and death player i dont know much about the new book. What list can i recommend him thats a little more training wheels or fun so he can at least get on the road to see some results past turn 2. 

tried watching the warhammer weekly on it as i know vince is a huge slaanesh fan and didn’t look good. Got one decent list out of it thats mostly slickblade spam but its really finessy for a new player.

Trying to make sure he doesnt just quit whats kinda the standard list you guys have developed?

It's a tricky one, as I don't know exactly what his opponents are using and that can be pretty difficult to anticipate, but I think speed at all costs is usually the best idea for nestling. KO is harder for this with their teleport, but if you can lock up units with Slickblades (or even normal seekers or Lurid Haze invaders). 

The army isn't bad (I'd recommend taking the opinions of internet AoS personalities at face value as some are overly negative - not that they don't bring up good points, but rather they kind of throw the baby out with the bathwater and proclaim all hope is lost). Try Facehammer for some lists, they're less doom and gloom :)

I'd recommend against nesting armies:

- Sigvald in Lurid Haze (this good for +1 save too) 

- Glutos (benefits from cover and look out sir)

- Seekers (very fast and can tie up a unit with decent damage)

- Slickblades (more finessy as you've said, but he'll get the hang of it - think of the special pile in in the battalion as a special 6" charge that allows you to run, retreat, and strike first in your turn)

- Twin Souls with their 5++ and Lurid haze for a 3+. A bit CP heavy, but with Glutos also tanking they'll have to get through two units with a 3+/5++ and that'll take some time. They should reach the nest by turn 2

Personally, I think the best choice for him would be teleporting with Lurid Haze (probably Sigvald and maybe one of the units of Slickblades if possible) and then harassing with Glutos, Slickblades, and Twin Souls. 

To give a bit of an idea for a list, try something like this :) I've tried to keep it as hedonite centric as possible

This is Lurid Haze, but don't have Glutos as a general if you accidentally get too close range to your Lord of Pain and shut them both down. You want the battleshock immunity spell on whichever of the two Slickbladea will be in the most danger. The command trait is really good for you - to get the Slickblades in first turn, you need to roll a run of a 4, so rerolling runs helps here. 

Sigvald is to teleport into whatever their key piece is, and he's to be supported ASAP by the Slickblades. Cut them down and quick as possible, with Sigvalds always strike first on the charge and the Slickblade pile in trick, all should be attacking at full strength. Most shooty nesty armies will find themselves a bit stuck here, as Glutos and the twin souls will be coming up to get them next turn. 

Don't overextend; it's tempting, but if you can't make combat or a run doesn't get you in range, hide the unit until you can make it. If your friend is forced to go first, simply put the chaos warriors on one objective, the painbringers on another, and Glutos (with Look out Sir from the 5++ painbringers) on the other. The fane provides cover too and can block LoS, and Glutos benefits from cover. 

The point of this list is to be as aggressive as possible early on, and resummon any losses. 

If the nesting army goes first, then try deploy in cover and turtling as much as possible. This list starts with 2 cp to boost saves and stop battleshock. 

When I started Slaanesh (2016-2017) I found them super hard to play and lost a lot, but they eventually click and you figure out how oppressive overwhelming speed can be.

Hope this helps :)   

Screenshot_20210325-003939_Print Spooler.jpg

Screenshot_20210325-003952_Print Spooler.jpg

• Like 4

So I've been working on assembling Glutos and ****** is he fiddly! I couldn't get his dais to sit flush with the base of the palanquin, and there's a sizeable gap between the two now which is driving me crazy. Did anybody else have trouble with him? 

6 hours ago, Bozly said:

Yeah the combination of the army seemingly being mid/low mid tier and having a high skill floor means its not going to be very beginner friendly. On the upside it really forces you to learn and get better at the game. Its hard to say what he should do differently without knowing more about what list he is playing, how the games go and what lists he is facing. 

22 hours ago, Jaskier said:

giving them 26"+ threat ranges - what about that doesn't fit the description I just used? 

26 to 28 is the Maximum range. but than u had range for mhmm… seraphon Bastilladon Firerange = 32-35" or KO with a threadrange ALL over the Tabel. But okay Maybe the table is smaller in the future and u can Strike First if u charge…..

10 hours ago, Bozly said:

I guess the question is why does your friend want to play HoS? 

If it's because of the new mortal models how far are they prepared to go to field something that they might have a chance with?

How new is new? Or how good are they at the rules and tactically? 

Because HoS rewards you for not finishing off units; so a player wants to focus on scoring points each turn, damaging units so that the enemy is less capable of doing damage to you, and to generate depray points to summon. 

Learning this faction is going to come with a lot of losing. So if your friend is prepared for that there is much that can be done. Because your friend is coming at it with fresh eyes and a fresh wallet they won't be attached to some of the stuff that used to work so will have much more freedom to experiment. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ibel said:

26 to 28 is the Maximum range. but than u had range for mhmm… seraphon Bastilladon Firerange = 32-35" or KO with a threadrange ALL over the Tabel. But okay Maybe the table is smaller in the future and u can Strike First if u charge…..

It's actually more than that for Seekers; 14" + 2D6" + 2D6" = 28" average threat range, and 38" maximum threat range - increasing to 33" average and 43" maximum with Godseekers and Chronomantic Cogs. It's virtually impossible to hide from them even if your opponent deploys as far back as possible, scenario dependent of course. Let's also not forget that Lurid Haze with Sigvald or Marauders prevents opponents from just hiding as far back as possible, as it's almost guaranteed that they will get charged regardless. 

Your example also doesn't facilitate deployment zones, nor does it account for the fact that the vast majority of armies in the game will deploy on or close to the line to contest objectives early, meaning in most cases you will be able to do guaranteed turn one 6" pile-ins with Seeker Cavalcade units. Using a few skewed examples doesn't change that fact. So, like I said, Slaanesh are a hyper fast assault army. If you play Slaanesh and have trouble reaching combat on a 6x4 table, I don't know what to tell you other than you probably aren't running a balanced mix of units. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

It's actually more than that for Seekers

And if they are there…. they do Nothing and died (okay if Seeker Drop to 100-120 Points AND can be Batteline  = CHECK)

18 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Sigvald or Marauders

After Charge Sigvald is to slow and to soft, he dies to fast, Maurader dont Benefit from HEDONIT. If i will peforme with MAruader  I Play KultistSacret S2D with Arhcaon, and a Sorcerer and a Chaos Lord. There they really Shine.

20 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

do guaranteed turn one 6" pile-ins with Seeker Cavalcade

this trick u can  only make ONE time..... after this the People know it.

25 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

If you play Slaanesh and have trouble reaching combat on a 6x4 table, I don't know what to tell you other than you probably aren't running a balanced mix of units.

Know, ist okay. But what is this for a good think when everything is super fast diend when it figths. So u died even faster when u are fast in the CC :(

4 hours ago, ibel said:
4 hours ago, Jaskier said:

do guaranteed turn one 6" pile-ins with Seeker Cavalcade

this trick u can  only make ONE time..... after this the People know it.

Except you can't avoid it? Its not a trick, its functions as a guaranteed 1d6+6" charge if you run and pile in instead of move and charge. You can even make it an auto 6 for a CP if you want and bam, guaranteed 26" "charge". This also comes with the added bonus of functioning as always strikes first (that beat all other strike first/last). There are areas where this army lacks in power but if you think Slickblades moving 28" inches, striking first and potentially piling in twice doesn't fit under the definition "hyper fast assault armythen I don't know what to tell you...

Edited by umpac
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, umpac said:

Except you can't avoid it? Its not a trick, its functions as a guaranteed 1d6+6" charge if you run and pile in instead of move and charge. You can even make it an auto 6 for a CP if you want and bam, guaranteed 26" "charge". This also comes with the added bonus of functioning as always strikes first (that beat all other strike first/last). There are areas where this army lacks in power but if you think Slickblades moving 28" inches, striking first and potentially piling in twice doesn't fit under the definition "hyper fast assault armythen I don't know what to tell you...

Some people just like to complain and be contrarian for the sake of it.

I'm new to AoS. What are the odds that we're getting a Start Collecting soon?

1 minute ago, Yziel said:

Some people just like to complain and be contrarian for the sake of it.

I'm new to AoS. What are the odds that we're getting a Start Collecting soon?

We have one for daemones. For mortals I'd say its going to be a while.  OBR got released in 2019 and still doesn't have one and I don't know of any SC boxes with relatively new models in it. Chances for a Soul Wars style boxed set is bigger but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 1

Just now, umpac said:

We have one for daemones. For mortals I'd say its going to be a while.  OBR got released in 2019 and still doesn't have one and I don't know of any SC boxes with relatively new models in it. Chances for a Soul Wars style boxed set is bigger but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thanks! 

That sucks but at least I know now :) 

At the beginning of the release, I had a lot of pushback against the book, and I still believe that our book is in need of point adjustments and a warscroll change (Fiendbloods). However, I will admit that it isn’t as bad as I assumed; the biggest issue that’s clouding our book is mainly the point costs. The units themselves are actually pretty decent for what they’re designed to do, and being able to keep the subfactions from Wrath of The Everchosen is great. 

I’ve been tinkering with lists, and like many others, I really like the Painbringer models. For points, yes they’re over costed and need to be cheaper, but excluding point costs they’re the chaos warriors I’ve always wanted. They’re tough, can swing back in combat with decent rend, and have the ability to cause mortal wounds. With a Lord of Pain supporting them, and potentially a Shardspeaker, I’ve seen them preform decently well against blobs of infantry, both elite and horde focused. Without support, like most units in the game, they’ll crumble or preform inefficiently. 

I want to make a list that centers around the use of painbringers, and I was wondering how you guys think it can be done via a castle-type list that defies the speed lists that HoS are known for.

One of the lists I’ve tried tinkering with is a Lurid Haze army with Supreme Sybarites and a Rod of Misrule, which would give a lot of command points for rerolls, battle shock immunity, and +1 save to our reroll saves in the combat phase. 

The other idea that I’ve been floating around with is an army centered around using Glutos to provide -1 to hit and battleshock immunity. I’m a bit hesitant to use him in Lurid Haze, as I don’t want my heroes to cancel one another out, and I am leaning towards using him within either a pretenders or godseekers host. Both this list and the previous one could also take advantage of using the emerald swarm endless spell, which could somewhat consistently revive dead models and heal damaged ones. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I actually think pain bringers are fine unless you face nothing but super heavy, and more importantly, super abundant units with shooting. By this I mean more something like KO or LRL star archers rather than change host or OBR catapults. With the speed of other units and the fact that we have access to our own shooting I think you can minimize the impact of good but not numerous shooting. Where I think Slaanesh in general and in particular the pain bringers with their melee tankiness get into trouble is when faced by a large number of shooting units that can output either high rend or mortals like KO or LRL.

I have a list with 3 pain bringer units in nobles of excess to reduce drops with gluttos for the -1 to hit and battleshock immunity that I have been meaning to try once the damn nurgle plague ends and the lockdown lifts.

Edited by herohammer
  • Like 3

Pretty new to aos and slaanesh but it is nice finding a discussion on how to make the best of the models rather than just declaring them bad.   Been experimenting with lists, it does feel like points wise I am getting one less unit than I should be.  I have been trying to make a lurid haze list work with sigvald, syll'esske and the masque but I can never seem to get anything sensible to work with that.   So I have moved on to trying to make glutos work for me, I would like to get some fiends into the list to double up on the -1 to hit but can't really find the space.  This is the idea I am working on just now -

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Godseekers Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Enrapturing Circlet
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (400)
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Viceleader, Herald of Slaanesh (130)
- Artefact: Cameo of the Dark Prince
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

Battleline
11 x Blissbarb Archers (160)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (140)

Units
5 x Slickblade Seekers (200)
4 x The Dread Pageant (120)

Battalions
Seeker Cavalcade (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

I am also curious as to what people are looking to summon and any goals with summoning they have.  As while the idea of getting an extra keeper seems really good, if feels like it takes too long and it would just be better to get a unit of seekers onto board and doing things sooner to try and claw back some of that points gap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, herohammer said:

I actually think pain bringers are fine unless you face nothing but super heavy, and more importantly, super abundant units with shooting. By this I mean more something like KO or LRL star archers rather than change host or OBR catapults. With the speed of other units and the fact that we have access to our own shooting I think you can minimize the impact of good but not numerous shooting. Where I think Slaanesh in general and in particular the pain bringers with their melee tankiness get into trouble is when faced by a large number of shooting units that can output either high rend or mortals like KO or LRL.

I have a list with 3 pain bringer units in nobles of excess to reduce drops with gluttos for the -1 to hit and battleshock immunity that I have been meaning to try once the damn nurgle plague ends and the lockdown lifts.

I want to experiment with them against Orruks, OBRs, or another (mostly) dedicated melee armies. I feel that many opponents are going to be surprised that they’re fighting against a castle Slaanesh army that is able to hold the line and punch back decently. 

Anything with very heavy shooting is going to be difficult to deal with in the current meta, unless you also have a heavy shooting army, or you have a lot of calvary that can close the gap. For the Lurid Haze, I’m taking Sigvald and least one unit of Slickblade Seekers to flank from the side to cause pressure or assassinate anything that needs to be targeted. I’m also a bit excited to see the rules for Bel’akor; I have a feeling he will make a good ally to many chaos list. 

Something I’m also considering when it comes to list building is which types of units to summon in, as I’m a bit unsure which units are best to spend DP on. The Infernal Enrapturess seems like a nice addition against magic-heavy lists, and is very much affordable at 7 DP. If I have the opportunity to play against a LRL list, I feel the Enrapturess is going to be a huge pain b/c of the force to reroll casts, and the ability to snipe characters as the battle progresses. I’m also looking to potentially summon in a unit of fiends when facing multi-wound units, or for the late game to summon blocks of Daemonettes to hold objectives. The KoS seems like a trap, for by the time a player’s generated 12 DP, it would most likely be too late into the game. 

• Like 1

Preparing for a tournament in the next few months, and I've currently mulling over lists. I like the idea of a fully mounted list, and while I know hellstriders aren't optimal per se, I have some ideas on how to utilize them with this:

Godseekers - Scarlet Cavalcade

Leaders:

Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot
-Trait: Embodiment of Haste
-Artifact: Helm of the Last Rider
-Spell: Born of Damnation

Contorted Epitome
-Artifact: Enrapturing Circlet
-Spell: Hysterical Frenzy (not enamored with this, may swap out)

Battleline:

10x Spearstriders

5x Scourgestriders

5x Scourgestriders

Units:

5x Slickblade Seekers

5x Slickblade Seekers

5x Blissbarb Seekers

5x Blissbarb Seekers

Battalion:

Seeker Cavalcade

Endless Spells:

Mesmerizing Mirror

---

This list gets me to three drops, which isn't terrible, but isn't really the point of the exercise. I plan on using the bladebringer to give her aura of +1 bravery and reroll battleshock from the scarlet cavalcade trait and artifact to my slickblades, using the scourgestriders to charge in first and provide the only target for combat, while my slickblades use the 6" pile-in to jump in and deal the deathblow after the hellstriders have absorbed the hits for them. I'm hoping that this helps to mitigate our battleshock vulnerability in a way that isn't reliant on command points, which I can still use when needed, but hopefully don't have to dump on singular exalted seeker casualty rolls. The spear striders are combination mobile chaff and decent damage-dealers on the charge, capable of taking a bit of punishment and sticking around to generate depravity, while also having a decent number of attacks to deal with chaff walls. The epitome has the enrapturing circlet to be a nuisance, using a combination of locus and its defensive ability to keep relatively safe while denying key units the ability to do anything for awhile. The mirror is there to generate depravity and force choices on my opponent to cajole them into moving where I want them to go, and the blissbarb seekers are there to harass and be  a general pain in the ass alongside the mirror, baiting my opponent to move away from it to deal with them and generate depravity for me no matter which way it goes.

The idea is to use this big mobile annoyance to rack up depravity early on to dump into big blobs of daemonettes as the game goes on, or to spawn fiends when I need to replace the scourgestriders as meatshields for my slickblades.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Yesterday My next game against Serra (not Maximiesced, Kroak,ABearer,Vortex ,3x10 Skinks, Engine, 2 Bastilladons, 3 Salamander)

I was tabeled in his second Turn 2 and really, 1 Killed 2,5 Skinks 1 Bastilla 50% Stega, 50% Salamders.

We both had no very luck or rolled bad so the dice were as espected AND we both see really no bigger game Mistakes from my side. So I will not Always wine wine wine and be the Bad guy. So i hope u have much fun with the Hedonits, for me they go to the closet and fine.

14 hours ago, umpac said:

Exactly, it's less a trick and more a tool, players can respect it on certain deployment maps - sometimes to their detriment for contesting objectives - but most will stay inside that range. The 'strike first' part of the rule is also highly underrated, especially now that we have Slickblades to combo it with - even 5 strong units of Slickblades have high damage output, meaning they can legitimately wipe out or seriously cripple many things they use their 6" pile-in on, heavily restricting what will fight back. The power of the battalion is thus way higher than when it was just chariots, Hellstriders and Seekers. Heck, I had a game against the new Idoneth - a legitimate S-tier army - where if I'd won a turn roll for round three (or any turn roll, for that matter - I've had horrible priority luck lately 😅) I'd have been able to completely negate his strikes first thanks to my 6" pile-ins (as he would fight at the start of the fight phase and my Slickblades would pile-in during the fight phase proper, he would've lost his activations completely!) 

@ibel Sorry to hear you had a bad game against Seraphon, and don't worry - you aren't the 'bad guy', I just had to clarify that Slaanesh are indeed a fast army which you've been contesting. As for fragility negating the power of that speed, I still contend that Slaanesh lists overall tend to start off quite a bit more durable than they used to be, just because running balanced lists with lots of wounds is an approach we can take at a competitive level now as opposed to herohammer with two-three Keepers all the time. Changes to the Locus and summoning do make us weaker in the late game compared to prior, but I think the army has a better chance of not just getting wiped by the dreaded shooting army double-turn. I will say about your Seraphon match that just because you perceive dice was against both of you, you made no mistakes/there's nothing more you could have done, that isn't necessarily a definitive indictment of Slaanesh - I've played games where an opponent and I came to similar consensus about not making mistakes, but on later review I realized where I'd stuffed up (numerous times.) The power of the respective army lists is also something to look at, something we're still sussing out about the many different builds Slaanesh now have, and then, sadly, there's also just the fact that sometimes your list - or indeed, your faction - will just have a really bad match-up with certain factions. Even some of the S-tier factions have their bad match-ups - not that I'm saying Slaanesh is in that category - where depending on the lists and mission the match-up is almost guaranteed to end in one players' favour before a single die has been rolled. If you don't want to play the army, no-one is forcing you to, but I for one encourage you to try different lists to see what works for you - in all my tournament losses so far with the new book (I'm 2-4 currently, and I'm planning on attending at least one tournament every month this year) I've always been able to identify how a different element might have worked better for me or where I needed to play a bit differently to have a better chance at winning. We have so many more combos and potentially competitive options available to us than before precisely because of the Depravity change; sure, Depravity is weaker overall as a mechanic, but it also doesn't pigeon hole us into Keepers and chariots like the old mechanic did - now there's a use for things like Fiends, assorted allies, heavy Battleline investments, etc. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

Something I’m also considering when it comes to list building is which types of units to summon in, as I’m a bit unsure which units are best to spend DP on. The Infernal Enrapturess seems like a nice addition against magic-heavy lists, and is very much affordable at 7 DP. If I have the opportunity to play against a LRL list, I feel the Enrapturess is going to be a huge pain b/c of the force to reroll casts, and the ability to snipe characters as the battle progresses. I’m also looking to potentially summon in a unit of fiends when facing multi-wound units, or for the late game to summon blocks of Daemonettes to hold objectives. The KoS seems like a trap, for by the time a player’s generated 12 DP, it would most likely be too late into the game. 

Not had much experience myself but hoping to get another game in myself this weekend.  I like the idea of summoning the enrapturess against magic heavy lists or when you just need a hero for a mission but I can never see myself putting one directly into a list.  I also like the seeker chariot herald for another relatively cheap hero to summon in.  I feel like summoning 3 chariots might be good but never had a chance to try it and they do need a lot of board space, but 3 fiends did me really well, finishing of a weakened hero and have a solid move for taking objectives.

I am also really preferring 5 seekers over the 10 daemonettes for speed reasons too, while they do a little less damage you can get seekers where you need a lot easier thanks to the 14" move and 2D6 run.  Though I think there is a place for 20/30 daemonettes for when you just need the bodies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Apinecone said:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Godseekers Host

Leaders
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- General
- Sinistrous Hand
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Artefact: Enrapturing Circlet
- Spell: Progeny of Damnation
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (400)
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Viceleader, Herald of Slaanesh (130)
- Artefact: Cameo of the Dark Prince
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

Battleline
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (140)

Units
4 x The Dread Pageant (120)

Battalions
Seeker Cavalcade (140)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

It sounds like an interesting list :) If you wanted to make room for fiends (which I quite like in our new book), I'd recommend swapping out the Pageant or Viceleader (if you feel the artifact isn't important) and 1 Blissbarb for fiends and chaos warriors; it wouldn't necessarily improve your list (though you'd have more expendable chaff without the viceleader), but I think it would be the best swap :)

Is the viceleader just their for an artifact? If so, swapping her out to an exalted hero of chaos would save you 40 points that you could spend on an endless spell.

4 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

Godseekers - Scarlet Cavalcade

Leaders:

Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot
-Trait: Embodiment of Haste
-Artifact: Helm of the Last Rider
-Spell: Born of Damnation

Contorted Epitome
-Artifact: Enrapturing Circlet
-Spell: Hysterical Frenzy (not enamored with this, may swap out)

Battleline:

10x Spearstriders

5x Scourgestriders

5x Scourgestriders

Units:

5x Slickblade Seekers

5x Slickblade Seekers

5x Blissbarb Seekers

5x Blissbarb Seekers

Battalion:

Seeker Cavalcade

Endless Spells:

Mesmerizing Mirror

I think this would be interesting to see, though I wonder if you'd be better suited to replacing the chariot, 5 clawspears, and the mirror for a Keeper and the Cogs (-460 pts, +420 pts - could afford the face endless spell we have for an addition +1 bravery). If taking the Keeper, to offset CP spend, it might be worth putting the helm on the Epitome and the Cameo on the Keeper (then dump it for a Keeper hitting on 2s for the rest of the game). 

My suggestions are for the following reasons:

- a KoS can keep up with the Slickblades to give them a double pile in, and can heal well if it gets its spell off

- your army seems to rely on charging a lot, and if you don't get the charge it could make or break it. While the Scarlet Cavalcade could help here, the cogs make it much more likely - including turing the dice roll needed for a first turn 6" pile in from a 4 to a 2

- with the saved points, you can afford the dreadful visage which can give you an additional +1 braver and give some MWs 

- if the hellstriders are just there to take the hit, then having them in a unit of 5 will save you the points and they'll perform their job

13 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

*snip*

I'm glad you feel a bit better about the army :) I agree that the big issue we have is points. On the bright side though, think of it like this - Chaos Warriors, no matter how cheap they may become, will never really feel like 'proper' chaos warriors. They just lightly slap the enemy and sit on an objective. 

Painbringers are a bit too costly at the moment, but they do double the damage of chaos warriors and can go off in effective units of 5 (as they can still reroll their saves). They are, imo, much better than chaos warriors, liberators, or blood warriors - and it's just the points holding them back from them being our equivalent. And points change most frequently. 

I think Lurid Haze with Glutos is the best way to use them, just don't make Glutos the general (tbh he doesn't benefit from being general anyway) so he doesn't cancel anything out. With the supreme sybarites, a LoP, and either an exalted hero of chaos (to hold the rod, take fane pain, and that's it), shardspeaker (-1 to wound spell and take the rod), or a contorted epitome (if you need that healing spell on Glutos, hold the rod, and an easy source of rr1s). When using them in a unit of 5 before, they performed surprisingly well offensively and defensively. 

8 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

The KoS seems like a trap, for by the time a player’s generated 12 DP, it would most likely be too late into the game

I think 30 daemonettes for 12 is better than one keeper usually, but sometimes not:

- if you need a cheeky heal on Glutos, take one for that spell (or a contorted epitome)

- if you need a double pile in; there's no guarantee you'll get either in combat, so if a nearby unit is stuck in and damaging, give them a double pile in to assure usefulness 

- if they're taking Morathi or something and you need a hail mary to shut them down for a turn, Slothful Stupour is as good as any

Also, 12 DP is pretty easy to get :) with my terrible all new Slaanesh list (as in, one of everything), I had 12 by turn 2 or 3. It's mors of a gameplay thing than a list thing from what I've found

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Enoby said:

It sounds like an interesting list :) If you wanted to make room for fiends (which I quite like in our new book), I'd recommend swapping out the Pageant or Viceleader (if you feel the artifact isn't important) and 1 Blissbarb for fiends and chaos warriors; it wouldn't necessarily improve your list (though you'd have more expendable chaff without the viceleader), but I think it would be the best swap :)

Is the viceleader just their for an artifact? If so, swapping her out to an exalted hero of chaos would save you 40 points that you could spend on an endless spell.

I might try swapping those units for the fiends after the next game, thanks for the idea. The viceleader is a little awkward in the list I will admit but low cost in book options are sparse, and I was originally using the masque but my friend I play the most really likes cavalry based armies and that really cuts into her usefulness (I am probably going to swap glutos's spell for the hoard killing one for similar reasons). So the viceleader is bit of a compromise that could be improved on. Though why would you recommend the exalted hero? They really don't seem to offer much unless I am missing something, just as they are a cheap hero for the artifact?

Also with your dp generation is the 12 you can use on turn 2 or 3? As if the keeper is your first summon and not doing much till turn 4 it feels like you could be doing better things. However I don't have much experience here so would be happy to be wrong.

• Like 2