AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

14 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Dreadful Visage actually isn't a bad idea for a minor buff to our terrible mortal bravery either, now that you mention it. Here's hoping they make more out of bravery in 3.0 -- we have all these tools to manipulate it, but a simple CP circumvents almost all of it! 

I wouldn't write off the CP expenditure too quickly. Most armies will have somewhere between 6-7 CP over the course of an entire game, and they'd probably much rather prefer to spend it on more important parts of their strategy.  Since most of these abilities affect an area you can spread around your damage with either variety of blissbarbs, or cacophonic choir from a keeper and force some difficult choices for your opponent. The more command points you force them to spend early, the less they'll have for where it really matters later.

Of course OBR are going to be fully immune, which I personally regard as terrible design, but at least you have choir and soulslice to fall back on in that case.

• Like 3

This soulslice thing is getting me interested. I'm going to try and run it on sylesske. I'm going to try and find a tanky hero to get the artifact that reduces bravery and horrorgeist. I'll also take hungry stare in case syleske can shut off a CA and BS matters.

I'm playing LRL so the cathalar may still shut down BS, but I will try to shoot her full of holes first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

I wouldn't write off the CP expenditure too quickly. Most armies will have somewhere between 6-7 CP over the course of an entire game, and they'd probably much rather prefer to spend it on more important parts of their strategy.  Since most of these abilities affect an area you can spread around your damage with either variety of blissbarbs, or cacophonic choir from a keeper and force some difficult choices for your opponent. The more command points you force them to spend early, the less they'll have for where it really matters later.

Of course OBR are going to be fully immune, which I personally regard as terrible design, but at least you have choir and soulslice to fall back on in that case.

You make a good point actually. CP-hungry armies like FEC (assuming they don't have the "serfs immune to BS" court) lose a lot if they don't get access to their extra feeding frenzy attacks. I'm just so used to Invaders lists, where the CPs runneth over, that I use them like confetti and forget how sparse they otherwise are. 

@JackStreicher Soulslice Shards, you roll 2d6 and deal the difference in bravery as mortal wounds. Its a demon spell.

I had that game though and it did pretty much nothing, even buffed. Even at -4 bravery I only dealt like 4 mortal wounds with it... and that -4 was hard to come by. I think its just not impactful enough to build around unless you get really crazy and pull off ore than a -4 or are fighting something with super low bravery

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kahadin said:

I had that game though and it did pretty much nothing, even buffed. Even at -4 bravery I only dealt like 4 mortal wounds with it... and that -4 was hard to come by. I think its just not impactful enough to build around unless you get really crazy and pull off ore than a -4 or are fighting something with super low bravery

Yeah bravery bombing requires a lot of set up so the pay off needs to be big for it to be even remotely viable. Even in armies like FEC, that can easily have 20+ different damage sources that scales with -bravery, its still just a fun gimmick and not powerful enough to be actually competitive. 

Its kind of funny but it might actually not be bad against mortal slaanesh since we struggle with bravery, have few or bad bravery work arounds and really need our CPs.

Edited by umpac
  • Like 1

2 questions for the hosts. 

Question1: I'm working on a snake themed army, trygon keeper base model, snake heads on the seekers, medusa running the epitome, that whole jazz. There are two units that I am having trouble theming. Fiends and daemonettes. My biggest problem is that they're 4 and 1 wound respectively. Too chonky and too small. Ideas?

Question 2: I wanted to use marauders in my list thematically, but I've got a fairly competitive scene by me. Are marauders worth taking outside of the lurid haze for hedonites? I fully acknowledge that I won't win any tournaments with my list, I just want to make a fight of it ... and have fun playing. General recommendations are welcome too.

Here's the current theorized list (it's a WiP as I try stuff): 

Spoiler

Invaders - 2,000pts

150pts - Lord of Pain - general, glory hog/lurid haze trait(he looks like a glory hog otherwise I'd go skin taker), rod of misrule/lurid  artifact

210pts - Contorted epitome - Born of damnation

90pts - Darkoath Warqueen

300pts - 10 myrmadesh painbringers

270pts - 15 chaos warriors - shields + swords

340pts - 2x5 twinsouls

160pts - 20 marauders - shields

280pts - 2x5 clawstriders

200pts - 5 slickblade seekers

Edited by TheArborealWalrus

30 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

2 questions for the hosts. 

Question1: I'm working on a snake themed army, trygon keeper base model, snake heads on the seekers, medusa running the epitome, that whole jazz. There are two units that I am having trouble theming. Fiends and daemonettes. My biggest problem is that they're 4 and 1 wound respectively. Too chonky and too small. Ideas?

Question 2: I wanted to use marauders in my list thematically, but I've got a fairly competitive scene by me. Are marauders worth taking outside of the lurid haze for hedonites? I fully acknowledge that I won't win any tournaments with my list, I just want to make a fight of it ... and have fun playing. General recommendations are welcome too.

Here's the current theorized list (it's a WiP as I try stuff): 

Reveal hidden contents

Invaders - 2,000pts

150pts - Lord of Pain - general, glory hog/lurid haze trait(he looks like a glory hog otherwise I'd go skin taker), rod of misrule/lurid  artifact

210pts - Contorted epitome - Born of damnation

90pts - Darkoath Warqueen

300pts - 10 myrmadesh painbringers

270pts - 15 chaos warriors - shields + swords

340pts - 2x5 twinsouls

160pts - 20 marauders - shields

280pts - 2x5 clawstriders

200pts - 5 slickblade seekers

You could use skink heads without the crests as head swaps for the daemonettes, and paint them scaly. If you mod your marauders out of splintered fangs you could try swapping some of the daemonette claws for snake arms (something like Baigan's boss form in Final Fantasy 4). Admittedly I'm not sure how easy the snake swarms would be to use for bits like this.

Fiends are already rather serpentine, so they might work with head swaps (maybe from cold one mounts?).

Otherwise for fiends you could try modding them from raveners (size may be an issue), or the old tomb kings snake units if you run across any.

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, AngryPanda said:

In that case, let’s hope we get those point reductions! I’m writing an email to them tonight with some feedback and suggestions on how to better balance the book. 

Summoning in the book feels like more of a “utility” because it’s only allowed once per turn, which I like a lot because it adds strategy to our play style. If I’m playing against a caster heavy list, I’ll have the option to summon an Infernal Enrapturess, or if I’m going against multi-wound units I can summon in some fiends. Certain builds will be created around the prospect of generating DP as fast as possible, but being able only summon once a turn isn’t going to break the game. The point reduction is going to put us into a much better place, assuming that GW receives and listens to  the feedback.  

Looking at it from the perspective of an opponent I think summoning can be far more than utility. 20-30 blobs of daemonettes can stake ownership of an objective, a keeper can prove invaluable for dealing with a certain threat. However, the added utility is something that is really interesting as well. Friends as you mentioned could appear as monster hunters but also inflict debuffs on tougher units. In other words, being able to have such immense flexibility looks game changing to me. For example, I think 30 daemonettes in the mid/end game will win you games and when the game ramps up those DPs will come rolling in.

Closest comparison I can think of is FEC (daemonettes = ghouls, twinsouls/painbraingers = horrors/flayers, and so on) since they also pay a summoning/healing tax (starting to think there's a pattern to the type of army I'm drawn to). Doing some list comparisons we did have similar amount of wounds but have stronger summoning over the course of the game. My thinking is that they got to be really careful in lowering the cost too much, assuming they do, cause right now HoS looks more finesse than before and I like that. That said, there is something that feels off in the list building, e.g. when picking a battalion warscroll you have to remove a key unit to make room (ironically making the battalion itself quite meh).

New to HoS though, so take this as an outsider looking in.

Edited by pnkdth

4 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Question 2: I wanted to use marauders in my list thematically, but I've got a fairly competitive scene by me. Are marauders worth taking outside of the lurid haze for hedonites? I fully acknowledge that I won't win any tournaments with my list, I just want to make a fight of it ... and have fun playing. General recommendations are welcome too

Marauders are okay. They need a sorc lord to do damage but as a cheap-ish screen with surprising threat range they can work. In lutid haze they force your opponent to deploy to screen them out which can ****** up their turn 1 a lot. They are certainly more competitive than twinsouls and painbringers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wanted to post this last night but I was tired. This was my first game with hedonites since they received a book of any kind (I did not play the old book)

So I saw people talking bravery and it does feel like a big problem, I got Bravery bombed! ;_;

My opponent got off voice of the mountain (-2 bravery 1 turn and -1 until their next hero phase) and turn 1 made my blissbarbs all run away. On my turn I had to burn all my CP to inspiring presence my slickblades so they didn't run... However they ran next round. I thought their wounds would make up for the low saves, but they didn't feel like it. I did not end up taking sylesske or glutos, but they would have helped heaps.

My slaves to darkness units were solid as could be and performed well, but all my hedonites either did too much damage or died to fast (denying a lot of DP in the game) I was only able to summon 1 unit of fiends.

I had the contorted epitome who saved the game for me by pure luck. Her mirror worked 2 of the three times I used it letting me bully the special character spirit of the mountain. The fiends killed the mountain plus some cavalry that had been scoring a lot during the game.

I learned quite a lot in the game, but I feel like I really needed to be invaders and have a battalion just for the CP to stop BS. Or have glutos -1 hit bubble and sylesske's battleshock bubble.

The army feels kind of awkward to me. I almost feel like I want to make a summoning focused build of all ranged to spread out as much chip dammage on as many units possible. A big demon summon each round feels like the way to go. Maybe if points are open chaos warriors or blightkings to make sure I'm not tabled till summons arrive.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kahadin said:

I wanted to post this last night but I was tired. This was my first game with hedonites since they received a book of any kind (I did not play the old book)

So I saw people talking bravery and it does feel like a big problem, I got Bravery bombed! ;_;

My opponent got off voice of the mountain (-2 bravery 1 turn and -1 until their next hero phase) and turn 1 made my blissbarbs all run away. On my turn I had to burn all my CP to inspiring presence my slickblades so they didn't run... However they ran next round. I thought their wounds would make up for the low saves, but they didn't feel like it. I did not end up taking sylesske or glutos, but they would have helped heaps.

My slaves to darkness units were solid as could be and performed well, but all my hedonites either did too much damage or died to fast (denying a lot of DP in the game) I was only able to summon 1 unit of fiends.

I had the contorted epitome who saved the game for me by pure luck. Her mirror worked 2 of the three times I used it letting me bully the special character spirit of the mountain. The fiends killed the mountain plus some cavalry that had been scoring a lot during the game.

I learned quite a lot in the game, but I feel like I really needed to be invaders and have a battalion just for the CP to stop BS. Or have glutos -1 hit bubble and sylesske's battleshock bubble.

The army feels kind of awkward to me. I almost feel like I want to make a summoning focused build of all ranged to spread out as much chip dammage on as many units possible. A big demon summon each round feels like the way to go. Maybe if points are open chaos warriors or blightkings to make sure I'm not tabled till summons arrive.

It's weird. It's annoying to have to worry about, but to have battleshock actually matter for us now makes the battleshock abilities we have (battle rapture,  Syll'Esske, Glutos, Scarlet Cavalcade, etc) actually do something. For those times I'm not running Syll'Esske or Glutos I might actually give the cavalcade a try. The charging rule is hard to make work, but an exalted bladebringer with the artifact and the trait could make for a decent leader to support our exalted seekers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kahadin said:

It is weird, which is why a point reduction would do a lot for our army and make list building a lot more viable. As it stands, most of our mortal units are flimsy and overpriced for what they do, and being vulnerable to low bravery only adds more fuel to the fire. 

Slaanesh armies are hungry for CP, and anything that can boost the number of points we generate is always going to be welcome. One strategy you can consider is running an invader host with the rod of misrule, and a battalion for the extra CP at the beginning of the game. If you also take the Supreme Sybarites battalion, depending on the number of heroes you take, you can reasonably generate 2-3 command points a turn. On average, it would give you more command points to use when you really need that battleshock immunity on a unit.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, Hendar88 said:

Thanks for taking the time to have a look and offer some feedback. I have found it quite difficult making a list for this army.  I do favour the mortals somewhat but the points seem to be all over the place when I have tried making some lists. My original purchase was inspired by the below from goonhammer review;

Allegiance: Slaanesh
 - Mortal Realm: Chamon
 - Host: Godseekers Host
LEADERS
Keeper of Secrets (340)
- General
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser
- Sinistrous Hand
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
- Spell: Slothful Stupor
The Contorted Epitome (210)
- Artefact: Enrapturing Circlet
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (260)
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (400)
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
UNITS
20 x Daemonettes (220)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
BATTALIONS
Supreme Sybarites (150)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Mesmerising Mirror (60)

Glutos is definitely on the cards so maybe I would be better of with running this list with minor tweaks maybe running 3x10 Daemonettes and dropping the mirrors and running 1x Blissbard seekers for a bit of range. could also drop the Keeper and Summon as you suggested but I feel like i wouldn't get the most out of the battalion and without it the drops would be fairly high. seems whatever you run the army is pretty squishy on the whole. In terms of performance do you think this list would out perform my original one (even with suggested changes)?

Thanks again to everyone that has offered feedback :)

It is quite tricky to make an army at the moment due to points, but after a bit of playing I think it'll be easy to trim some ideas down :)

I'm still personally unsure about Supreme Sybarites - it's nice to have all heroes in one drop, but I don't know if it ends up being a trap, both because it costs and it can make you take more heroes than you'd normally want. The CP ability is nice, but not super reliable. At four drops, competitive armies will likely win on deployment, so I don't think you'll need a battalion to help drops (counter deploying may be more useful at that point). 

You may struggle with numbers of models, but if you aim to summon more models you will probably okay :) I think it'd be a fun list to play with, but you might find you lack threat.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm still personally unsure about Supreme Sybarites - it's nice to have all heroes in one drop, but I don't know if it ends up being a trap, both because it costs and it can make you take more heroes than you'd normally want. The CP ability is nice, but not super reliable. At four drops, competitive armies will likely win on deployment, so I don't think you'll need a battalion to help drops (counter deploying may be more useful at that point). 

From my experience it's a fantastic battalion, almost an auto-include, if you are already taking 4-6 heroes but it's not a build-around battalion that you go out of your way to fit in, especially with how expensive our heroes are. 4 heroes are a little unreliable as you say, in 1/3 games you won't get that turn 1 CP and after that you probably dropped a hero or two, but Godseekers have limited ways of getting CP while still being equally CP dependant so I usually take what I can get. 

I feel like there are still a lot of 5+ drop lists around, but I guess that depends on local meta.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, umpac said:

From my experience it's a fantastic battalion, almost an auto-include, if you are already taking 4-6 heroes but it's not a build-around battalion that you go out of your way to fit in, especially with how expensive our heroes are. 4 heroes are a little unreliable as you say, in 1/3 games you won't get that turn 1 CP and after that you probably dropped a hero or two, but Godseekers have limited ways of getting CP while still being equally CP dependant so I usually take what I can get. 

I feel like there are still a lot of 5+ drop lists around, but I guess that depends on local meta.

Yeah, I agree with your analysis. I think I've tried to stay away from lots of heroes so don't use the battalion much, but that's not to say that low heroes is the best way to play, just my preference :)

I think my local meta is usually about 2 drops, so I've decided to go for higher amounts and more units rather than cramming my list into two drops. 

I do have an idea for a casual-competitive list. That is, performs well at a local level but wouldn't at some grand tournament. The intention is to be kinda strong, but not overwhelmingly so - so the opponent can fight back, but I won't be overwhelmed.

Host: Godseekers (for summoning charges)

Heroes:

Glutos (big beefy boy who provides a big defensive boost to the battleline units. He'll take the battleshock immunity spell) 

Lord of Pain, general (mostly just for the battleline options, but will take the artefact that gives 1CP and then can be sacrificed to the fane)

Battleline:

10 Twinsouls (they do pretty nice damage and can be pretty tanky; they look worse on paper than they perform. They will stick close to Glutos)

5 Twinsouls (another attacking unit, likely on a midfield objective)

5 chaos warriors (their purpose is to sit on some random objective in a less dangerous part of the board and stare whistfully into the distance until they're replaced by a summoned unit)

Other

5 Slickblade Seekers (I'm unsure whether to combine two units into a 10, but it seems a bit too much to move around my usual boards. One of these units will be sent off to cap more dangerous objectives with the help of their battalion) 

5 Slickblade Seekers

5 Slickblade Seekers 

Battalions:

140 Seeker Cavalcade (just a great battalion)

In a more competitive setting, I'd probably use more chaos warriors over twinsouls and use the saved points elsewhere until the latter came down in points, but in casual-competitive I think they do a good enough job. 

The biggest issue this list would face is battleshock, but against large dangerous combat units the trick would be to pilw the BS immune unit first, get attacked, and then pile the other unit in when it's safe. They do very respectable damage and should be put against strong stuff. 

If things are going well, I'd try to summon in a contorted epitome or a KoS initially for the healing spell on Glutos. If not, fiends have performed nicely for their DP cost.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, I agree with your analysis. I think I've tried to stay away from lots of heroes so don't use the battalion much, but that's not to say that low heroes is the best way to play, just my preference :)

I think my local meta is usually about 2 drops, so I've decided to go for higher amounts and more units rather than cramming my list into two drops. 

I do have an idea for a casual-competitive list. That is, performs well at a local level but wouldn't at some grand tournament. The intention is to be kinda strong, but not overwhelmingly so - so the opponent can fight back, but I won't be overwhelmed.

Host: Godseekers (for summoning charges)

Heroes:

Glutos (big beefy boy who provides a big defensive boost to the battleline units. He'll take the battleshock immunity spell) 

Lord of Pain, general (mostly just for the battleline options, but will take the artefact that gives 1CP and then can be sacrificed to the fane)

Battleline:

10 Twinsouls (they do pretty nice damage and can be pretty tanky; they look worse on paper than they perform. They will stick close to Glutos)

5 Twinsouls (another attacking unit, likely on a midfield objective)

5 chaos warriors (their purpose is to sit on some random objective in a less dangerous part of the board and stare whistfully into the distance until they're replaced by a summoned unit)

Other

5 Slickblade Seekers (I'm unsure whether to combine two units into a 10, but it seems a bit too much to move around my usual boards. One of these units will be sent off to cap more dangerous objectives with the help of their battalion) 

5 Slickblade Seekers

5 Slickblade Seekers 

Battalions:

140 Seeker Cavalcade (just a great battalion)

In a more competitive setting, I'd probably use more chaos warriors over twinsouls and use the saved points elsewhere until the latter came down in points, but in casual-competitive I think they do a good enough job. 

The biggest issue this list would face is battleshock, but against large dangerous combat units the trick would be to pilw the BS immune unit first, get attacked, and then pile the other unit in when it's safe. They do very respectable damage and should be put against strong stuff. 

If things are going well, I'd try to summon in a contorted epitome or a KoS initially for the healing spell on Glutos. If not, fiends have performed nicely for their DP cost.

I like it, it seems fairly tanky between the twinsouls and slickblades. The only thing that could be a challenge would be the LoP's fragility as your depravity generator for charges. Which general trait were you considering for him?

soo I made 4 Games:

Vs. Tzeenth Arcanits ( 1-0 Win vs. Lose) Win

Vs. DOK Snakes+Morathi ( 1-1 Win vs. Lose) Lose

Vs. Serraphone (Skink+2Bastilladons+Skinks) ( 1-2 Win vs. Lose) Lose

Vs. Legion of Ascendet (Kairos+3xSkavenDaemons) ( 1-3 Win vs. Lose) Lose

So, did anyone win without Archaon and/or with very very Luck ???? Against a T2,3,4 Army ?!?!?!

Took 3 wins in local tournment yesterday
Lurid Haze
Glutos
Sigvald
Enrapturess
Shardspeaker
Keeper with chamon artefact
20 marauders
11 archers
11 archers
Sybarites
Geminids

First game against IDK on Total Conquest, summoned 60 demonettes and finished after 3 turn
Second against LRL on Blade's Edge, keklis, 20-10 pikemen, 10-10 archers, 5-5 riders, catallar, portals, geminids, twinstone. Sigvald managed to destroy pack of riders and 10man pikemen, keeper stood in the middle and baited 20 man pikemen for marauders-glutos-summonned fiends-enrapturess charge with shardspeaker buff and no pile in. Sigvald kept keklis and then opponent conceded.
Last game against Draconthion Seraphon, regular slann and kroak, all support little heroes, 40 skinks, 5-5 guards, 3 salas, 10 chameleons. Better part of valour. Due to poor position, all army (including glutos who made a 10" charge) destroyed everything on the board except for kroak, support heroes and stuff in the reserves.
Overall placed 4th because of penalties for unpainted minis.

Running gag of the event: "Slonish is too stonk. GEWE, nerfit plz"

Edited by Havkai
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

I like it, it seems fairly tanky between the twinsouls and slickblades. The only thing that could be a challenge would be the LoP's fragility as your depravity generator for charges. Which general trait were you considering for him?

I would probably take retreat and charge, but more with the acceptance that he's lucky to live :P He's easily taken off the board but it's a calculated (ish) risk

I was actually wondering what my list would look like if we got the points drops people have been hoping for. I've gone with a generous 30 on the LoP and Twinsouls to see if it would have an affect on the list. With the three lots of twin souls and the LoP, I'd save 120 points, and assuming Painbringers would go down to 120, I could add a unit of them in too (and chaos warriors were meant to be in a unit of 10 rather than the 5 I said - or maybe two units of 5 for better board control). It would be a pretty large boost to be honest - more board control and depravity points. 

1 hour ago, Havkai said:

Took 3 wins in local tournment yesterday
Lurid Haze
Glutos
Sigvald
Enrapturess
Shardspeaker
Keeper with chamon artefact
20 marauders
11 archers
11 archers
Sybarites
Geminids

First game against IDK on Total Conquest, summoned 60 demonettes and finished after 3 turn
Second against LRL on Blade's Edge, keklis, 20-10 pikemen, 10-10 archers, 5-5 riders, catallar, portals, geminids, twinstone. Sigvald managed to destroy pack of riders and 10man pikemen, keeper stood in the middle and baited 20 man pikemen for marauders-glutos-summonned fiends-enrapturess charge with shardspeaker buff and no pile in. Sigvald kept keklis and then opponent conceded.
Last game against Draconthion Seraphon, regular slann and kroak, all support little heroes, 40 skinks, 5-5 guards, 3 salas, 10 chameleons. Better part of valour. Due to poor position, all army (including glutos who made a 10" charge) destroyed everything on the board except for kroak, support heroes and stuff in the reserves.
Overall placed 4th because of penalties for unpainted minis.

Running gag of the event: "Slonish is too stonk. GEWE, nerfit plz"

Thanks for the write up :) Were there any stand out units that were great every game? Anything you wouldn't take again? 

2 hours ago, ibel said:

soo I made 4 Games:

Vs. Tzeenth Arcanits ( 1-0 Win vs. Lose) Win

Vs. DOK Snakes+Morathi ( 1-1 Win vs. Lose) Lose

Vs. Serraphone (Skink+2Bastilladons+Skinks) ( 1-2 Win vs. Lose) Lose

Vs. Legion of Ascendet (Kairos+3xSkavenDaemons) ( 1-3 Win vs. Lose) Lose

So, did anyone win without Archaon and/or with very very Luck ???? Against a T2,3,4 Army ?!?!?!

Could I ask what your list was? It seems like everyone is having very varied results (just look at @Havkai's post) and I'm not sure if there's a common demoninator in lists that are working and lists that aren't, or if it's more about adapting to the playstyle. 

One things certain about this book, and that's that there's no clear answer for a list. Maybe in a few months there will be, but now it seems we're all trying to find our feet. Some people swear than hero hammer like before is the way, whereas others have tried this and got destroyed. Others use cheap S2D units to generate dp, but more still have found you lack any threat when you use too many non-Hedonite Slaanesh units. Some people (me included) think that Twinsouls are actually good, but many others think they're a waste of points. 

While I 100% understand people's complaints about the book, especially points, I stand by my opinion that it did get one thing right - we're not an easily 'solved' book. There's no unanimous agreement that 3 KoS spam is good, or that Eels are the only way, or that we should spam archers until the cows come home. And considering AoS often has a bit of a problem with unit diversity within armies, it's great that we don't seem to have this issue (yet).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ibel said:

I haven't played KO but beaten all other top tiers. The battleplan is more important what tier your opponents army belong to. This army has a lot of outplay potential.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I would probably take retreat and charge, but more with the acceptance that he's lucky to live :P He's easily taken off the board but it's a calculated (ish) risk

I was actually wondering what my list would look like if we got the points drops people have been hoping for. I've gone with a generous 30 on the LoP and Twinsouls to see if it would have an affect on the list. With the three lots of twin souls and the LoP, I'd save 120 points, and assuming Painbringers would go down to 120, I could add a unit of them in too (and chaos warriors were meant to be in a unit of 10 rather than the 5 I said - or maybe two units of 5 for better board control). It would be a pretty large boost to be honest - more board control and depravity points. 

Thanks for the write up :) Were there any stand out units that were great every game? Anything you wouldn't take again? 

Sigvald perfomed really well. Probably because being freshly painted. He puts lots of pressure even when lurid hazed alone and if he gets marauder buds in reserve they deal pretty good amount of damage. Glutos aka Lord Fatso appart from being tanky and debuffy, deals mediocre damage but he also casts geminids that can generate just tons of depravity. Shardseeker worth 3+ buff, because in 66% chance she gives a 33% damage boost to marauders and summoned demonettes and everything else wounds on 2+ that is also good. I am very uncertain of enrapturess. Initially I thought of her as a mage disrupt but opponent either rolls higher on a reroll or has good bonuses. Also she either miss or doesn't score a wound. So I will think of changing her to Masque. Marauders are great addition even without exploding sixes. They still benefit from +1 to wound buff from shardseeker and a good source of rend-1 wounds. Archers a good in my opinion. Either divide shooting across targets that I won't kill to get depravity, or prepare target for an assault by killing several models in blobs like vanary pikemen and such.

• Like 4

Hello! I'm trying to figure out the list building rules for this game and it's honestly fairly confusing how allies work.

I have 40k Slaanesh Daemons and old WHFB Beasts of Chaos that I would like to use together if possible.

From what I've figured out I have to run Slaanesh and ally in Beast of Chaos.

You are allowed to bring 400pts of Allies at 2000pts. And I think you can only bring 1/4 in number of units?

There is also a Battalion for Beast of Chaos that make the units Slaanesh and Beast of Chaos, does that not make them take up ally slots/points because they have the keyword now?

Can I use allied units for my mandatory Battleline?

I assume I don't get any of the army bonuses for my allied units?

I'm not sure if the actual book explains things better than online sources like Wahapedia does but it's super confusingly written, please help xD