AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

1 hour ago, umpac said:

While true, a Kipper or 30 Daemonettes have much larger impact in such games as a single 12pt summon is 33-34% extra points. A note on the first list is that Shardspeaker debuff doesn't work with shooting so I don't think you'll get much mileage out of it in that list. I'd drop it for maybe 20 marauders to screen if needed or ambush with Lurid Haze or the Masque if you want 2 characters.

I like both lists but I think the 2nd is stronger. Godseekers can generate a ton of DP quickly can be staright up busted at 1000pts. If you plan on making the army 2000pts eventually then you should get a 1000pt force that builds towards that larger army.  these two 

Great feedback, thanks!

On 2/27/2021 at 8:47 PM, swarmofseals said:

Played a game against Lumineth last night against a very new player, so not many learning points. Slickblades continued to show value though. Their speed allows you to really take advantage of any positioning mistakes your opponent makes. In this game my opponent was flanking with two units of dawnriders that had to snake out a bit to fit between terrain features, and I was able to intercept them with one unit of 5 slickblades and wipe out both units of dawnriders in two rounds of combat, losing one model to actual damage and a second model when I rolled a 6 for battleshock.

Taking a Plague Priest or a unit of 5 Plague Censer Bearers continues to seem incredibly powerful. In every game they generate a ton of DP for me, and they truly shine when your opponent takes the first turn.

This list may be kinda dumb, but I also think it might have some play to it for those of you that still like Beasts of Chaos:

Invaders - Lurid Haze

Doombull  (general, mandatory artefact and command trait)

Doombull (general)

Doombull (general)

Great Bray Shaman (rod of misrule)

Plague Priest

3x10 Ungors

40 Ungor Raiders

2x1 Tuskgor Chariots

2x30 Bestigors

Cygor

There are a couple of things that I really like about this list. First and foremost it's 2 drops and thus will get the turn choice most of the time. That's super powerful with Slaanesh, as you can often give your opponent the turn, generate DP and then start summoning right away. The list is also very beefy (especially for a Slaanesh list) at 188 wounds. When your gameplan is to just keep flooding the board, starting with that much will make it even harder for your opponent to stabilize. You also don't have any real key units that your opponent can kill to cripple you. Nothing really takes huge advantage of Lurid Haze, but being able to bring the Raiders or a Doombull or two in from the edge will at least stress your opponent, and it makes getting a general in enemy territory very easy. You've got a lot of screens and trash units to act as speed bumps, and you've got some legitimate hammer units that can also take a hit. You should have plenty of CP to take advantage of the +1 save CA, making those 30 Bestigor blocks a lot tougher. The Bestigors also have an impressive threat range with run and charge. The Ungor Raiders and Cygor also have very long threat ranges, which should allow you to sprinkle most of your opponent's army and generate a good amount of DP even if you are being conservative with your melee troops.

I could also imagine a version dropping a bunch of things for Glutos and cogs or a Contorted Epitome and cogs.

Insanely cool list my friend

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Insanely cool list my friend

Thanks! I'm super excited to try it. Hopefully will be able to find some opponents on TTS this week.

All in all after messing around with this tome for a bit now I can see both sides of the coin. I think this is one of the coolest and most unique playstyles in all of AOS, which makes me love it. That said, I get how people are upset that the amazing (looking) new units are taking a back seat to Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos. I still think that people are being too harsh on some of the new units, and I think dropping the price on Blissbarb Archers, both types of new seekers, and Glutos would be a mistake. The twinsouls, Sigvald, and shardspeaker could all come down a little, the painbringers could come down a decent amount, and slaangors need a big decrease.

I just hope that people who like the tome don't turn a blind eye to the problems, and that people who are upset about the new units not taking center stage don't turn a blind eye to the things that the book does well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What do you guys think of pairing a unit or two of painbringers with the emerald swarm endless spell? In lurid haze we can give them a +1 save, bringing them to a +3 rerollable in the combat phase. Being only two wounds, they are also revived on a +3. If I’m gonna run a Slaanesh list, I’m planning on trying this out as I like the models a lot; however it’s a bit difficult to fit in with the point costs. 

6 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

What do you guys think of pairing a unit or two of painbringers with the emerald swarm endless spell? In lurid haze we can give them a +1 save, bringing them to a +3 rerollable in the combat phase. Being only two wounds, they are also revived on a +3. If I’m gonna run a Slaanesh list, I’m planning on trying this out as I like the models a lot; however it’s a bit difficult to fit in with the point costs.

Way to expensice for what they do. U can do this:  Cogs;  Luzid Haze = 3++ ReRoll Save (Maybe for a Unit of 10) AND u can give a Second Unit 

a) Chaomeon Realm so they get a +1 to Hit and with the Spell +1 to Save = The Next Unit with a 3+ AND if u want Mystik Shield (3+ and 1ReRoll)

b) U can take the Shadow Realm (ulgu?!) And teleport 1 Unit Myrmiden with a Hero in the Front. 

I would Take Luzid Haze and 2 Units of 10 Painbirngers and 1 Unit of Twinsouls and try to get 3 Units in Front of the Enemy Line but.... still then they not good enough, sry.

2 hours ago, BaronBanana said:

What do you guys think of Slaanesh Marauder Horsemen with Javelins?  They're cheaper than the Blissbarb Seekers though with lower damage output

Mhmm… too expensive, no Batteline, Way less Dmg Output no exploding 6'ses so.... no sry. CW are okay (5 for DP and 15+ for Blocking)).

13 hours ago, Yoid said:

I was just telling my personal opinion, i really like nudity as a design space. By the way, nudity is not equal to sex, otherwise we would say that Bloodletters are sexified too. Like the new Blissbarb Archers, some of them are bare chest and not in a sexual way. So the argument of "not too nude to not bee too much into sex" make no sense, specially when paired with the argument of "leaning also into other forms of excess" as nudity is more related to the self concept of body perfection and beauty (like Sigvald leg armor)

Again, im not saying Slaanesh should go in the direction i like (but that would please me). People saying that the new KoS express other forms of excess. And why would she not show her body even more exposed as a way to share the perfection of her body? Would have been so bad to have the chestpiece be a separate bit that attach over the body to appeal everyone?

It is also quite weird that Daemonettes usually dont cover the male side but do so with the female side. Maybe in the future they use more hair and tentacles to dinamically cover their nudity like they did with the Blissbarb Archers and allow for a more natural design not biased by our real world morality.

If this release proves popular, maybe Games Workshop will further explore any of the myriad aspects to Slaanesh, whether in AoS or Emperor Children codex.

9 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

While pricey, I think it would work as a defensive army; I've seen people have luck with units of 15 chaos warriors around Glutos, and their only complaint was that they didn't do any damage. Painbringers would at least get around that problem as they do decent enough damage - about twice that of chaos warriors. 

I think Glutos would also work very well in this list, not only being able to cast the lifeswarm, but also gemnids and his own debuffs to ensure the enemy is even weaker. 

You'd probably also want a hammer, so either Twinsouls or preferably Slickblade Seekers (I like Twinsouls but Slickblades are more adaptable).

After my game, I've found a varied list works surprisingly well; there was no massive stand out unit (besides Glutos maybe) but everything performed about as expected, which made them very fun to use and able to make up for one another's weaknesses. They are pricey so that may hurt lists for a little while, but I reckon some of our units will come down sooner rather than later if enough people write into them.

I've also been working on my own Slickblades - one of the hardest to build kits ever.

20210301_095033.jpg

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Why are they difficult to build? 

The people (not the steeds) go together in a way thar reminds me of a jigsaw - they all technically fit perfectly, but to fit they must be held at certain angles rather than having an easy part to glue to. The arms are the most awkward part, for example: 

20210301_150625.jpg

Edited by Enoby
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

The people (not the steeds) go together in a way thar reminds me of a jigsaw - they all technically fit perfectly, but to fit they must be held at certain angles rather than having an easy part to glue to. The arms are the most awkward part, for example: 

20210301_150625.jpg

One of the hands connects to an arrow and the arrow has 2 fingers in it that serve as the anchor. 

The mounts are very fun to build and look amazing, but the riders are true misery. They perfectly embody the pain and pleasure of Slaanesh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

One of the hands connects to an arrow and the arrow has 2 fingers in it that serve as the anchor. 

The mounts are very fun to build and look amazing, but the riders are true misery. They perfectly embody the pain and pleasure of Slaanesh. 

Very true - at least they look fantastic as models, I love their size :)

Pretty much finished Sigvald, though I spent time freehanding a stag skull that you can hardly see 

20210301_205235.jpg

20210301_205245.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

30 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

+1

The kit isn‘t suited to hobby newcomers ^^

yet the Models are fabulous (got a box of them for my birthday) :)

13 hours ago, Enoby said:

While pricey, I think it would work as a defensive army; I've seen people have luck with units of 15 chaos warriors around Glutos, and their only complaint was that they didn't do any damage. Painbringers would at least get around that problem as they do decent enough damage - about twice that of chaos warriors. 

I think Glutos would also work very well in this list, not only being able to cast the lifeswarm, but also gemnids and his own debuffs to ensure the enemy is even weaker. 

You'd probably also want a hammer, so either Twinsouls or preferably Slickblade Seekers (I like Twinsouls but Slickblades are more adaptable).

After my game, I've found a varied list works surprisingly well; there was no massive stand out unit (besides Glutos maybe) but everything performed about as expected, which made them very fun to use and able to make up for one another's weaknesses. They are pricey so that may hurt lists for a little while, but I reckon some of our units will come down sooner rather than later if enough people write into them.

I've also been working on my own Slickblades - one of the hardest to build kits ever.

20210301_095033.jpg

Nice conversions! Love the windigo/wild rider inspiration.

I did some tinkering, and after cutting some corners I was able to develop something that might work. It isn’t competitive, but I feel it would be fun to play and experiment with. 

Invaders-

Lurid Haze- 2/3 command points a turn 

2000/2000

Heroes:

Battalion: Supreme Symbarites

Sigvald

General #1

Lord of Pain

- General #2

- Rod of Misrule  

Herald of Slaanesh

General #3 

+1 wound artifact

Reroll run rolls trait 

Shardspeaker

Shardspeaker

Troops: 

Blissbarb Archers x11

Painbringers x 10

Painbringers x 10

Calvary:

Slickblades x 5 

Endless Spells:

emerald swarm 

Summons: 

Fiends

Daemonettes

Keeper of Secret

Infernal Rapturess

The strategy behind the list is that Sigvald and the Slickblades infiltrate with the Lurid Haze battle trait as a distraction, to hit hard from the corner of the board, or target units that may be a concern. Even if the Slickblades cannot infiltrate, they’re fast enough to reach a decent flank. One group of painbringers moves with the Lord of Pain and a Shardspeaker; the other painbringers move with the Herald of Slaanesh and the other Shardspeaker. The blissbarbs sit on an objective while generating depravity, and the emerald swarm drops behind my painbringer blobs to bring back the dead and provide general healing. 

The command points provide battleshock security, +1 saves, and rerolls if needed. I also have a lot of spellcasters, and can potentially do well with casting. I feel that with the buffs that are provided by the heroes, in addition to the healing and reroll saves, I can have a nice hammer/anvil that sits on the main frontlines; the herald also has the cheeky ability which prevents pile ins. This also doesn’t include the units generated from summoning as well. I really want to experiment with this list against Ogors, Ossiarchs, or another decent melee-oriented army. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 1

I kinda want to run Sigvald, Glutos, 6 Fiends, 2 units of Slickblades, two units of chaos Warriors (5 strong), 30 daemonettes and a mesmerizing mirror under Lurid Haze. 

If one unit gets to outflank, it’s Sigvald. Two units gets Glutos and the Fiends together where he can drop a mirror in the opponents backside. Three units does all of the above and hit from three sides at once. 

It’ll either work REALLY well or REALLY poorly! 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

Very true - at least they look fantastic as models, I love their size :)

Pretty much finished Sigvald, though I spent time freehanding a stag skull that you can hardly see 

20210301_205235.jpg

20210301_205245.jpg

Absolutely spectacular work on Sigvald! Can't wait to hear the lore you work up for him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nasrod said:

Uha, thats sounds very painfull. Question: what do u think is it positbel to Magnetise the Weapon to switch Bow and Gleve ?!

7 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

I did some tinkering, and after cutting some corners I was able to develop something that might work. It isn’t competitive, but I feel it would be fun to play and experiment with.

Ähm  I dont think this could work very Well, Painbringer without Cogs and a 9" Charge. Mhmm dont Sound good to me.

9 hours ago, Enoby said:

Very very awesome but, what is this on his belly ?!?!

On 2/27/2021 at 12:47 PM, swarmofseals said:

Played a game against Lumineth last night against a very new player, so not many learning points. Slickblades continued to show value though. Their speed allows you to really take advantage of any positioning mistakes your opponent makes. In this game my opponent was flanking with two units of dawnriders that had to snake out a bit to fit between terrain features, and I was able to intercept them with one unit of 5 slickblades and wipe out both units of dawnriders in two rounds of combat, losing one model to actual damage and a second model when I rolled a 6 for battleshock.

Taking a Plague Priest or a unit of 5 Plague Censer Bearers continues to seem incredibly powerful. In every game they generate a ton of DP for me, and they truly shine when your opponent takes the first turn.

This list may be kinda dumb, but I also think it might have some play to it for those of you that still like Beasts of Chaos:

Invaders - Lurid Haze

Doombull  (general, mandatory artefact and command trait)

Doombull (general)

Doombull (general)

Great Bray Shaman (rod of misrule)

Plague Priest

3x10 Ungors

40 Ungor Raiders

2x1 Tuskgor Chariots

2x30 Bestigors

Cygor

There are a couple of things that I really like about this list. First and foremost it's 2 drops and thus will get the turn choice most of the time. That's super powerful with Slaanesh, as you can often give your opponent the turn, generate DP and then start summoning right away. The list is also very beefy (especially for a Slaanesh list) at 188 wounds. When your gameplan is to just keep flooding the board, starting with that much will make it even harder for your opponent to stabilize. You also don't have any real key units that your opponent can kill to cripple you. Nothing really takes huge advantage of Lurid Haze, but being able to bring the Raiders or a Doombull or two in from the edge will at least stress your opponent, and it makes getting a general in enemy territory very easy. You've got a lot of screens and trash units to act as speed bumps, and you've got some legitimate hammer units that can also take a hit. You should have plenty of CP to take advantage of the +1 save CA, making those 30 Bestigor blocks a lot tougher. The Bestigors also have an impressive threat range with run and charge. The Ungor Raiders and Cygor also have very long threat ranges, which should allow you to sprinkle most of your opponent's army and generate a good amount of DP even if you are being conservative with your melee troops.

I could also imagine a version dropping a bunch of things for Glutos and cogs or a Contorted Epitome and cogs.

This lost looks super fun....and combining models from 3 races is so great.  What command trait and artifact would you take on your general?  You listed the mandatory ones....unless I am missing something, you can still choose...but I assume I am missing something.

What are you summoning?  More foot troops to keep bogging your opponent down?

I'm looking to revive my beasts and this list could be the answer....helps that I own all these models....

30 minutes ago, ibel said:

Uha, thats sounds very painfull. Question: what do u think is it positbel to Magnetise the Weapon to switch Bow and Gleve ?

Nah. Even if the kit didn't fit together like it does, truth is the arms and wrists are so small I don't know how you would find a way to hide the magnets. 

This one is definitely a multi purchase required.

40 minutes ago, basement dweller said:

This lost looks super fun....and combining models from 3 races is so great.  What command trait and artifact would you take on your general?  You listed the mandatory ones....unless I am missing something, you can still choose...but I assume I am missing something.

What are you summoning?  More foot troops to keep bogging your opponent down?

I'm looking to revive my beasts and this list could be the answer....helps that I own all these models....

Lurid Haze has mandatory CT and artefact choices, but if you choose not to go Lurid Haze then you can certainly pick your own.

Probably mostly summoning Daemonettes, I'd guess.

16 minutes ago, Nasrod said:

Nah. Even if the kit didn't fit together like it does, truth is the arms and wrists are so small I don't know how you would find a way to hide the magnets. 

This one is definitely a multi purchase required

Okay. Jes i think i am not able too (i know People who Megnetise Areas from 1mmx1mm but, jes not i :D:D : D )

21 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Lurid Haze has mandatory CT and artefact choices, but if you choose not to go Lurid Haze then you can certainly pick your own.

Probably mostly summoning Daemonettes, I'd guess.

Thanks....didn't clue in that the lurid haze is from wrath of the everchosen....so I was struggling to find the rules.  Also explains where the ambushing comes from.

New to slaanesh and was struggling to follow...but mostly sorted it out now.. 

10 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

Nice conversions! Love the windigo/wild rider inspiration.

Invaders-

Lurid Haze- 2/3 command points a turn 

2000/2000

Heroes:

Battalion: Supreme Symbarites

Sigvald

General #1

Lord of Pain

- General #2

- Rod of Misrule  

Herald of Slaanesh

General #3 

+1 wound artifact

Reroll run rolls trait 

Shardspeaker

Shardspeaker

Troops: 

Blissbarb Archers x11

Painbringers x 10

Painbringers x 10

Calvary:

Slickblades x 5 

Endless Spells:

emerald swarm 

Summons: 

Fiends

Daemonettes

Keeper of Secret

Infernal Rapturess

The strategy behind the list is that Sigvald and the Slickblades infiltrate with the Lurid Haze battle trait as a distraction, to hit hard from the corner of the board, or target units that may be a concern. Even if the Slickblades cannot infiltrate, they’re fast enough to reach a decent flank. One group of painbringers moves with the Lord of Pain and a Shardspeaker; the other painbringers move with the Herald of Slaanesh and the other Shardspeaker. The blissbarbs sit on an objective while generating depravity, and the emerald swarm drops behind my painbringer blobs to bring back the dead and provide general healing. 

The command points provide battleshock security, +1 saves, and rerolls if needed. I also have a lot of spellcasters, and can potentially do well with casting. I feel that with the buffs that are provided by the heroes, in addition to the healing and reroll saves, I can have a nice hammer/anvil that sits on the main frontlines; the herald also has the cheeky ability which prevents pile ins. This also doesn’t include the units generated from summoning as well. I really want to experiment with this list against Ogors, Ossiarchs, or another decent melee-oriented army. 

Thank you :)

I like the sound of your list - it's very different from what we normally see - but I'm wondering if it would be better to have one less Shardspeaker and instead have the Nobles of Excess battalion (swapping the archers for Twinsould or Painbringers)? I think the Shardspeaker's good, but two may be overkill even with them going in different directions (the + to wound is nice, but difficult to rely on), and while the archers are also nice to have on an objective, they die to a stiff breeze so end up being taken very quickly off the objective and you seem to be going for a tankier build :) Nobles of Excess would give you more reliable punch (as in, you can plan for the wound rerolls) and another command point to help your Painbringers.

Glutos would be great in the list, but it'd take a lot of shuffling around to get him in. 

3 hours ago, ibel said:

Very very awesome but, what is this on his belly ?!?!

Thank you :) it's a secondary mouth in the armour, which is alive. The general idea is that the armour was a gift, at first given by the Leviathan to help them survive, they quickly realised they couldn't take it off and it all went downhill from there. 

• Like 1