AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Hey Guys,

i didnt Like the Look of the Blissbard Archer really . Did Somebody knew other Minis. Something like more "Armoured" Archers. (These Arabian with all These Scarf and so....)

I hab 20 Marauber, not build, Maybe i think About a Konversive with Higkbowarcher and Dämonetts (Heads and Claws?!?!)

What did u think ?

3 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Does anyone have some good recommendations for marauder proxies? The official models are ugly as all hell. I was thinking Bloodreavers but they lack shields and have Khorne imagery all over them. 

It depends on the look you're going for. If barbarians are what you're aiming for the Frostgrave Barbarians kit works pretty well, and they're quite cost effective. You will need to find some extra shields however, as they don't include enough for the whole squad and they'll also need standard bearers and musicians.

2 hours ago, ibel said:

Hey Guys,

i didnt Like the Look of the Blissbard Archer really . Did Somebody knew other Minis. Something like more "Armoured" Archers. (These Arabian with all These Scarf and so....)

I hab 20 Marauber, not build, Maybe i think About a Konversive with Higkbowarcher and Dämonetts (Heads and Claws?!?!)

What did u think ?

Jesus your german autocorrect really messed up that message.

You could have a  look at third party sites (3d printing as well). IIRC Titan Forge might sell their Arabian Models soon on a website (don't remeber the name of the site)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Jesus your german autocorrect really messed up that message.

Jes, i am Sry (my english is not very good, and the Autocorrectur of the Keyboard too :D:D:D )

But thx for the IIRC Titan Forge  Idee

13 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Does anyone have some good recommendations for marauder proxies? The official models are ugly as all hell. I was thinking Bloodreavers but they lack shields and have Khorne imagery all over them. 

I still think they are the best bet personally:

16141052747395925610222373403016.jpg

Edited by Cambot1231
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Finished the Lord of Pain now :)

20210223_170315.jpg

That looks fantastic, love the Windigo/Tribal head. I saw your other conversion with the Painbringers, and those are great as well; the Wild Rider heads fit so well with the rest of the model. I can’t find any good bits sites with the parts to do some basic head swaps, as it seems they are always out of stock. 

• Like 1

Played another game today, this time against DoT. My list was:

Spoiler

Keeper, general, speed chaser, circlet

Glutos

3x5 Slickblades

2x8 Iron golems

3x11 Blissbarb archers

He played a kinda of typical changehost but some off meta picks (Guild of summoners sub and only 6 flamers, Thaumaturge with double pile in artifact). The game ended with a 25- 23 win for Tzeentch but it came down to a priority roll off where we both rolled a one (he had already double turned earlier). The game was crazy close and I was 2 brimstone horrors away from clutching it out to a 25-26 win. Keepers no longer getting to use their CA on themselves is such a giant difference, they feel more like a support unit now than a hard carry. I could've won the game if I didn't make a blunder and summon 30 daemonettes on one objective that I ended up taking without them instead of summoning them where they would make a difference (hind sight is 20-20 and all that). The match up feels very winnable and I had a much better board at the end of the game.

I'm starting to warm up to Glutos. He didn't really earn his points this time either and a 2nd keeper would've been far more useful but unlike a keeper he sticks around. He provides something that we don't otherwise have; a resilient summoning base. Everything else performed well. Archers always does something and even if they die to a sneeze I much rather have opponents targeting them than slickblades/keepers. Iron golems confirms their value again. I was questioning if 2x5 warriors aren't better since they have similar stats and would fill up 2/3 battleline but the extra bodies makes a big difference (and so does the rerolls on the save). Might try out switching iron golems for warriors and archers for blissbarb seekers. 

All in all it was easily one of the best games of warhammer I've had, despite being against DoT which are kind of a drag. I'm convinced this book has some serious teeth by now, but the more I play it the less I care about how strong it is and the more I'm impressed by how much I like playing it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 2/18/2021 at 8:11 PM, Yoid said:

I think you misunderstood me. What i was trying to say is that Exalted Keeper of Secrets turned into Soulfeaster Keeper of Secrets with the release of the last battletome, and her warscroll no longer have a Command Ability despite having the same point cost as the regular Keeper. Thats why no one ever played her then. Im curious about a posible new update to the warscroll soon, but ForgeWorld is retiring a lot of AoS kits, maybe it dosn't get a proper update.

So by outdated what i mean is he was reading the old warscroll, not the current one.

Oh, I thought she was updated.  I think the main thing about the Exalted is the model still holds up and given GWs pricing not a bad purchase tbh if you don't mind spending 18,000 hours hot water-bending hair and gluing spikes into dreadlocks.  

On 2/20/2021 at 1:26 AM, Malakithe said:

Battletome is out on the app now

Yeah GW is in no rush to show us they are supporting Azyr.  What a disheartening move it took 3 days.  

On 2/22/2021 at 12:37 AM, CeleFAZE said:

400 Glutos

180 Epicurean Revellers
330 30 Daemonettes
330 30 Daemonettes
330 30 Daemonettes
190 Exalted Chariot
190 Exalted Chariot

What's your views on 30-man girls?  I only own 60  (juan diaz sculpts) so I'm kinda capped there.  I was thinking of trying Epicurean with 6x10 to generate but then,.. I guess hoping they die so I can bring them back onto objectives.  I know 30 girls summoned are really good, I suppose because you have just so many that 90 in 3 blocks is the threat in itself?

You are pushing me more into buying Glutos.  

On 2/22/2021 at 3:44 AM, LeonBox said:

Interesting hearing all the different takes on Glutos -- seems some people swear by him whilst others don't really consider him worth it. Not seeing all that much of Siggy either. 

I am keen to see Sigvald long term.  Like lots of actual tournaments out there.  I still feel he dampens Phoenix Guard so effectively he is a utility piece not to be ignored.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

What's your views on 30-man girls?  I only own 60  (juan diaz sculpts) so I'm kinda capped there.  I was thinking of trying Epicurean with 6x10 to generate but then,.. I guess hoping they die so I can bring them back onto objectives.  I know 30 girls summoned are really good, I suppose because you have just so many that 90 in 3 blocks is the threat in itself?

You are pushing me more into buying Glutos.  

30 is basically there to ensure my investment in the battalion sticks around, as any summoned daemonettes won't have the mortal wound generating abilities. Also they get the 2 hits per 6 until they take 11 wounds, which is nice, but not reliable with so much shooting around. In all honesty I might be going about things wrong, the better list could easily be something like:

340 Keeper of Secrets
400 Glutos

180 Epicurean Revellers
110 10 Daemonettes
110 10 Daemonettes
190 Exalted Chariot
190 Exalted Chariot
190 Exalted Chariot
190 Exalted Chariot

90 Chaos Warriors x5

But I wanted to field buckets of daemonettes, since I have such a ludicrous amount of them on hand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

But I wanted to field buckets of daemonettes, since I have such a ludicrous amount of them on hand.

That's pretty cool tbh.  A blanketed board of them would be pretty cool to see.

My list was core: 6x10, 2 hellflayers, exalted.  Again, what I own and converted with Juan Diaz models (this included his Masque even though the new one is way better).  My focus was MSU and if something pops it's most likely generated 1 if not 2 DP for me and making the strengths of what I own work (the MWs of the battalion).  If i could get some Fiends in it would lower my drops also.  

2 hours ago, umpac said:

All in all it was easily one of the best games of warhammer I've had, despite being against DoT which are kind of a drag. I'm convinced this book has some serious teeth by now, but the more I play it the less I care about how strong it is and the more I'm impressed by how much I like playing it. 

Exactly how I feel about our new tome. I have discovered that AoS can be fun.

• Like 1

so was thinking of a list to try with what i have or plan to have

Keeper leader

Herald on Exalted Chariot

6 fiends (I love em)

2x5 slickblades

2x11 blissbarbs

30 daemonettes. 

Maybe decrease daemonettes and run the seeker battalion to allow the slickblades a 6" pile in. 

• Like 2

Tried out an Archaon list against KO today on Focal Points. It wasn't a full on zilfin list but still pretty solid. Ironclad, 2 frigates, 3x10 arkanauts, typical suite of heroes, warp lightning vortex + pregame move, 2 drops. I took Archaon, KoS, sorc lord, warshrine, 8 Iron Golems, 5 Chaos Warriors, 2x11 blissbarbs, and a Plague Priest. I had above average save rolls and his shooting was a bit below average and I was pretty far ahead going into bottom of 3 when he conceded. He took the first turn and won both priority rolls. Not sure if it was really a representative match at all, but at least a little more evidence that Slaanesh is quite solid.

Not sold on needing to take a Keeper to start with Archaon. Might be better to summon one in and start off with a bit more on the board. Plague Priest was great and was responsible for like half of my depravity.

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

Not sure if it was really a representative match at all, but at least a little more evidence that Slaanesh is quite solid.

Can u tell us a Little bit more?

I am a Little bit afraid becouse of the many many Player who go all out Shooting in Tournement so I think it would be very difficult für Slaneesh here. Maybe with 1Turn List or Luzird Haraz?

13 hours ago, umpac said:

Reveal hidden contents

Keeper, general, speed chaser, circlet

Glutos

3x5 Slickblades

2x8 Iron golems

3x11 Blissbarb archers

I'm starting to warm up to Glutos. He didn't really earn his points this time either and a 2nd keeper would've been far more useful but unlike a keeper he sticks around. He provides something that we don't otherwise have; a resilient summoning base. 

Thanks for the battle reports, my thoughts and list building going in the same direction.  Glutos is good because he's always useful, against melee armies the aura is great and against shooting having a tough hero (that weirdly gets look out sir) is so important for summoning.

After getting a few games under our belts, hard are people feeling about host choice?

For me the two best options are Lurid Laze or Godseekers.

Lurid haze feels like the obvious choice for a less summoning focused list as you get a range of great bonuses: ambush, bonus generals, bonus CPs (especially if you go for a battalion and get the Rod of Misrule) and a nice defensive command ability.  

Godseekers, for me, is all about summoning.  The charge bonus means those extra units are useful earlier and Maniacal hunters is a massive buff to depravity if you can keep your general alive and charging.  Getting a first turn charge off with your general can make a huge difference to turn 2 summoning, pushing you up from a small/medium summon to medium/large.  Unfortunately this is very mission dependant as even a Keeper or The Masque wont reliably pull off 24" charging.  Forcing your opponent to go first would help with this, but personally I find it really hard to get our drops down given the battalion we have. I suppose having enough first turn threat will help but again this is hard in 24" apart missions.

Edited by Magnus The Blue

I played against a Nagash list yesterday (OBR). 

-Nagash

-Boneshaper

-30x Mortek

-20x Mortek

-10x Mortek

-5x Kavalos Deathriders

-Bone Tithe Shrieker

My List was

Pretenders

-KoS

-KoS

15x Chaos Warriors

5x Chaos Warriors

11x Blissbarb Archers

5x Blissbarb Seekers

5x Blissbarb Seekers

6x Fiends

Battleplan was Forcing the Hand. I really like this book. I lost, as I made some mistakes (putting my blissbarb archers forward and one unit of seekers - was double turned against turn 2 and lost them to 30 Mortek). But, I'll talk about individual units instead of the battle...

Keepers - I felt that they were awful. Yes, Nagash is on the field so my magic was negated and my rolling was awful, but I just didn't feel that they did enough for the points. I would still take one, as my rolling is bad so I feel that I'll try one again, but 2 is a little too much I think. Aegis is useful for saves, and they did generate depravity. I think other heroes would be better for support. I think Glutos would be good for the battleshock immunity, as I felt that we had low bravery for my mortal units. 

Chaos Warriors - 5x Chaos Warriors are ok sitting on an objective, but they can be removed really easily.... However, 15 of them were great. Held 30 buffed Mortek for 2 turns, rerolling armour saves. They are the anvil we need (until our Hedonite Chaos Warrior Archetype units get points reduced...). Yes, they don't get many of the Hedonite buffs, but for 270 points, they aren't going anywhere. The pretenders "Heir to the Throne" rule helped to re-roll ones to hit. 

Blissbarb Archers - as said above, played the wrong, so don't really know much about them. The shooting is good (Mortek don't give a damn about anything!) in other matchups I guess!

Blissbarb Seekers - good speed, great shooting, and potential mortal wound output. I'd have a couple of these in my army every game. 

Fiends - the best unit we have. Unit of 6, being a retinue of my non general KoS, they hit like a ton of bricks, and cause a lot of damage. The buffs of -1 to hit and wound for a large unit makes them great, and attacking twice with the KoS command ability made them lethal. Autopick every game. 

Edited by Brother Mayhem
  • Like 3

I am glad to hear that people are liking fiends since I have 15 of them. 12 realm of chaos era models and 3 90s ones for champions. I figure that gives me 2 units of 6 or 1 unit of 9 with up to 2 units for summoning. Don't have them with me right now as I moved recently and couldn't take them with me butI will be getting them this Christmas if not a little earlier.

1 hour ago, Brother Mayhem said:

Fiends - the best unit we have. Unit of 6, being a retinue of my non general KoS, they hit like a ton of bricks, and cause a lot of damage. The buffs of -1 to hit and wound for a large unit makes them great, and attacking twice with the KoS command ability made them lethal. Autopick every game. 

They're good in the right match up and has good synergy with Glutos but I strongly disagree that they're auto-pick.  If he played double crawlers with Katakros, a very common set up, he would've plinked them off the board on turn 2 (they put 15 wounds per turn into them on avarage with Kata buffs, 11 without).  They're also vulnerable to mortal procs on hit from stuff like Hearthguard zerkers or Lumineth Wardens.  I guess you could argue that we will struggle against shooting regardless so might as well lean heavily into our more favored match ups.

Chaos Warriors - 5x Chaos Warriors are ok sitting on an objective, but they can be removed really easily.... However, 15 of them were great. Held 30 buffed Mortek for 2 turns, rerolling armour saves. They are the anvil we need (until our Hedonite Chaos Warrior Archetype units get points reduced...). Yes, they don't get many of the Hedonite buffs, but for 270 points, they aren't going anywhere. The pretenders "Heir to the Throne" rule helped to re-roll ones to hit. 

Yeah I've seen lists from some people who knows the game well who has used 1-2 blocks of 15 warriors. Really don't want to play with S2D units but with Painbringers being horrendously over costed this seems to be the way to go if we want an anvil. 

Keepers - I felt that they were awful. Yes, Nagash is on the field so my magic was negated and my rolling was awful, but I just didn't feel that they did enough for the points. I would still take one, as my rolling is bad so I feel that I'll try one again, but 2 is a little too much I think. Aegis is useful for saves, and they did generate depravity. I think other heroes would be better for support. I think Glutos would be good for the battleshock immunity, as I felt that we had low bravery for my mortal units. 

Yeah this has been my experience too. I think you need to either go all in on keepers (at least 3 together with other heroes in Sybarites) like in the last book or just take the 1. Two without battalion is too CP intensive and as you said we need it for battleshock. The double casting is kind of useless a lot of the time as there are so many super casters like Nagash, Kroak, Teclis, Lord of Change etc. that just shuts it down. Most spells are also situational and have fairly high casting values. Like I wrote above, unless you go all in on them they feel more like a support character for double pile ins and Locus and doing some damage is just bonus. 

I feel like OBR is going to be a rough match up. Shooting and Locus is going to play a big role to win. Like lock up the big block with locus in some awkward position and then shoot the smaller ones to pieces while winning on objectives.

On 2/16/2021 at 10:53 PM, Havkai said:

I am currently more okay with new Slaanesh than not. New Depravity is okay. It is possible to farm 10-12 per battle round. New models surely are overcosted, but Glutos and foot archers worth their points. Other units are dissapointing. Siggy is fragile as f***, but with Lurid Haze he is actually really good.
Right now I have the following
Glutos
KoS
Sigvald
Shardspeeker
Enrapturess
3x11 Archers
Geminids
Sybarites.
Thinking of how to change Shardspeeker-Enrapturess. Suprisingle Harp-girl may generate a depravity or 2 with careful positioning and help to win the mage war. She is also good at recasting geminids with Glutos because of her dispelling rule. Shardseeker is pretty tempting because +1 to wound is sweet.  I have already tested against DoK, Gloomspite, BCR and CoS of different kind and going to face some top tier armies this weekend.

I am continuing to play against different armies with this list.
I won against KO, OBR, BoK
KO matchup was against zilfin with 15 thunderers, Clad, 3 Haulers and other stuff, golden moment was when summoned exalted chariot charged into Clad with 3 chars and thunderers. Game was about screening. I can afford lossing Archers and cast geminids of Glutos. He was like, your army is -2 to hit and I am on your home objective. Sigvald scared off Haulers and skywardens.
I played against OBR twice. Both had katakros, 2 crawlers, different amount of morteks and deathriders, and 6 stalkers. On the first game sigvald charged a katapult that was open after clearing a wall of morteks. Crawler was left in 1 wound then Katakros and Siggy fought in a deadly duel till Crawler used an autokill shot against Siggy. Archers proved very good against morteks.
Second game was a bit easier, Sigvald charged stalkers and killed them all in 2 turns. I managed to summon 3 fiends on 2 turn and KoS on 3rd and made a double charge on exposed Katakros and killed him (he already suffered about 10 wounds prior).
Against BoK we had a pretty good matchup. I made a double layered screen for glutos while setting him up for the first turn Geminids. Sigvald outflanked and killed Priest (we played Places of Arcane Power so he prepared him for objective grab). Glutos tanked 3 Thirsters with -2 to hit with them all.

And I also faced some losses
Against LRL and CoS
LRL are definetly a hard matchup. Problems started when my opponent won a roll-off and started deploying first (we had the same amount of drops). He gave me the first turn. Sigvald killed horsies on 1 flank. 2 pack of archers killed some archers and horsies on the other. Of the first turn LRL killed sigvald (better roll FNP next time), and sent 20 wardens to kill off my archers. On second turn keeper was a sucker and couldn't kill any archers (damn you 3+ to wound). I summoned 3 Fiends to block wardens. Glutos was ready to go into Keklis after clearing 2nd pack of wardens. But then he rolled a double and everythin went bad. Opponent cleared fiends and 20 man of wardens charged into glutos and killed him after 2 turns of mortal wounds from keklis. So in double turn, he cleared my army the the end of his 3rd turn.

And with cities of sigmar everythig could be better, but opponent denied a 11 geminids cast and Glutos couldn't deny a 6 cast of bridge so 28 irondrakes killed keeper. The game was poorly played from my side. I was constantly forgetting about look-outs and made some very bad desicions about movement and staff. But the game was fun and chilling so it is still good)

• Like 5