AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think it's also great as there isn't a clear cut right and wrong about the best build for summoning. 

Take MSU and you can split attacks more easily to damage more units, and they have more chance to take damage each, but they also have a much greater chance of being wiped off the board for 0 points if your opponent focus fires. And you probably won't have many/any left in later turns.  

Take a big tanky unit and they  can last longer or more consistent points, and will have a much smaller chance to be wiped off the board. But they will probably only go into one unit at a time 

You have to decide between a build that gets pleasure from receiving pain, or one that gets it from causing it, basically ;)

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Feii said:

Looking at the Slaanesh Sigvald leaks he is a Mortal? I thought he is a demon prince of Slaanesh 😮

He's mortal, he doesn't have the daemon keyword. The horns are a blessing, he's meant to look like Slaanesh since the dark prince has similar horns to him, Sigvald is his adopted son after all. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, shinros said:

He's mortal, he doesn't have the daemon keyword. The horns are a blessing, he's meant to look like Slaanesh since the dark prince has similar horns to him, Sigvald is his adopted son after all. 

Not sure if it is his blessing. Dark prince has created a whole new body for him so thats his natural body. 

It looks like the Allegiance abilities are mostly forgettable, once people play a few games I think it will be clear that summoning and winning the objective game aren't necessarily correlated. I think the primary gain is having the ability to put down 20 daemonettes turn 4/5 to turn a match. It sounds like its the end of the movement phase as well so the masque has seen a bump in utility. 

I still think Marauders will be a quality unit for the faction, Glutos looks beastly and a must have. Sigvald less so, seems to be in the Eltharion place as in the model you hate to not include, but is probably ok if you do take him. 

The seekers look tanky

I think this book will provide a good platform to improve my initial HoS build from summer 2019, so I'm happy if the points are decent. 

8 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong, but it appears Syll'esske Host and Wrath of Everchosen sub-factions are gone?

I'm not sure about Wrath of the Everchosen, but Syll'Esskan Host definitely doesn't function without an Errata.

36 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Taking into account rule leaks thus far, our list building options just got far more viable and interesting.

Depravity mechanic has been properly reworked.

Hilarious that they did not hype this.

All that has to happen is the hype gets to the public on Pre-Order day.

Hype on Tuesday is not that important. Hype on Thursday is nice but doesn't sell things.

Angry people on Friday still don't matter.

Hype on Pre-Order day makes sales. Get people hyped and able to spend money immediately is best because that hype leads to impulse purchases.

There will be some optimal 'hype curve' that marketing experts will work out based on their audience, their product, sales trends and behaviours, etc.

From what I have heard of GW internal working they probably don't do that level of research and planning.

But they don't have to. Their sales are doing great regardless and, apart from a few comments about how they've mismanaged their previews this week, no one cares once the information reached them anyway (these leaks, Ash at GMG, whatever).

At a guess if you're the kind of person who is getting annoyed about the WarCom previews about Hedonites not being well handled then you're someone that is already very engaged with their product and likely to have already made your decision to buy or not.

Edited by SorryLizard

Symbaresh are pretty much exactly what I thought they'd be, but the lack of Rend is a surprise - that and they appear to lack a variation of the rule their kit siblings ended up getting, oddly enough. Myrmidesh doing mortal wounds on 6s to wound is a nice bonus, but we really need to see their core stats and if they can negate wounds like Vasillac. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Perhaps they have a special rule. Cuz the article explicitly says you don't want them vs hordes, but rather for heroes and monsters lol.

This is purely my own lore desire, but I was hoping them to be infantry blender.

Rule:

7KKBPUcMfJk7hZ8S-465x500.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Perhaps they have a special rule. Cuz the article explicitly says you don't want them vs hordes, but rather for heroes and monsters lol.

It seems like to me we haven't seen what all their weapon options do, we just got the generic profile. Plus we don't even know what the mirror on the leader does, I suspect it has a rule attached to it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sorrow said:

This is purely my own lore desire, but I was hoping them to be infantry blender.

Rule:

7KKBPUcMfJk7hZ8S-465x500.jpg

I mean a rule regarding attacking certain types of units, apart from that one. It makes no sense to say they are good against heroes and monsters, when it's exactly the opposite with no rend X)

1 minute ago, shinros said:

It seems like to me we haven't seen what all their weapon options do, we just got the generic profile. Plus we don't even know what the mirror on the leader does, I suspect it has a rule attached to it. 

If Sigvald is within 12", you show him his beautiful reflection and he heals D3 wounds.

• Haha 1

I like that the Blissbarb riders are an ideal make of a skirmisher able to work at range and in close combat, but favouring range in general with the rending. It means their ideal is staying out at range, but that they aren't underperforming if they get caught or if you decide to charge them in to perhaps slow something down moving elsewhere or to support others in close combat etc... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Just stumbled on the points - they are very... interesting. Obviously we can't say much about anything now but I think we may be seeing some considerable warscroll changes on some units to say the least

I know you shouldn’t give exacts, but are points going up or down? Hoping KoSs are going down with how DP/Locus changes are showing. Otherwise they’ll be over costed as is at 380.