AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

I haven't found a translation for the allegiance rules yet, but I caught Sigvalds' rules and some of the Shardspeakers'. 
Sigvald is absolutely bonkers. It's no wonder that short story on WHC the other day had him murdering some Fyreslayers, because he will absolutely cleave right through Hearthguard Berzerkers on the tabletop like a knife through butter. Wow. He's decently tough for his size, but his damage output potential is ludicrous.
The Shardspeaker is interesting too, I'm curious to see the exact wording of her special rules, but so far she sounds really cool too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Carnith said:

Our 6 to hit ability is untouched. Locus changed to stop pile in. Depravity is gained by units being damaged but not being slain at the end of battleshock.

Thank you for this! All of these rules snippets is killing me because I missed the leak info and it all sounds exciting.

16 minutes ago, Carnith said:

Our 6 to hit ability is untouched. Locus changed to stop pile in. Depravity is gained by units being damaged but not being slain at the end of battleshock.

I honestly don't think they could have handled Depravity any better. What an amazing change for the factions' health; Fiends, Chosen, Seekers, et al now all have a place! The Locus rule is another one that players on both sides will appreciate; stopping pile-ins is still huge and opens up a lot of tactical options. 

Did anyone else catch that Sigvald can kill Morathi in a single turn, and laughs at Gotreks' defenses? 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Carnith said:

Sigvald's attacks cannot be negated like Drakkfoot bonesplittaz, which means they still only do a max 3 damage to morathi. HGB cannot save against him, but Gotrek will also decrease all damage to one. 

I'd need to see the exact wording of his rule, but if it's worded the same as the Nightbringers' equivalent rule in 40K, it absolutely would bypass those rules on Morathi. If that's not the case then fair enough. The only reason I mention it is because there's a similar interaction between the Nightbringer and Ghazghkull; Ghaz can only suffer three wounds per phase, but the Nightbringers' rule trumps that. Happy to be wrong!

Edited by Jaskier

4 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

I'd need to see the exact wording of his rule, but if it's worded the same as the Nightbringers' equivalent rule in 40K, it absolutely would bypass those rules on Morathi - but not the Damage 1 rule on Gotrek, that's my mistake. If that's not the case then fair enough.

Drakkfoot does not negate Morathi immunity to wounds. It s the same thing

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Drakkfoot does not negate Morathi immunity to wounds. It s the same thing

Oh right, I missed the note that it's the same as Drakkfoot, sorry. Yes, if it's the same wording as Drakkfoot, it won't work on Morathi. I got my hopes up that it was worded the same as the Nightbringer rule 😄 Carry on!

I'm still processing the Depravity changes and how they'll affect my list building. Big changes is about all I can say, but from what I can tell (again, I don't have the full picture, so my apologies for any mistakes) it still looks like we need a hero to summon off (i.e. we can't summon from our terrain piece like some factions can) so investing into either some tanky heroes, or a cheap, small one to hide somewhere is still going to be ideal. Points are going to be the other big factor, as Slaanesh heroes were generally overpointed to compensate for the old Depravity mechanic; we can only hope that's changed! Regardless of how everything shakes up - there's still so much to see! - I'm happy now that this book will indeed shake up our tired hero-centric list building, and let us really put some diverse lists on the table and (hopefully) still compete at a high level. 

Edited by Jaskier

Im reading the leaks and Oh My God. Summoning builds revolving around shooting and tanking are gonna be broken. As it reads you generate DP at the end of the battleshock phase (Both yours and the enemy) 1 point for each unit (both your and your enemy) that suffered a wound or mortal wound or have less models than at the start of the turn.

6pts to summon 10 Daemonettes

10pts to summon 20 Daemonettes

12pts to summon 30 Daemonettes or a Keeper of Secrets.

It is so hard to wound (and not completely remove) 6 enemy units with Blissbarb Archers and Infernal Enrapturess and Seeker Chariots charging in a turn? Because that mean you can easily summon a Keeper of Secrets each turn, you just need some tank frontline to survive until the points are banked, and if they hit your frontline you get even more points now.

The numbers seems... broken. I can foresee a future nerf to the values same history as our old Battletome.

But, the good thing is hero hammer is gone for good. In fact probably big heroes are gonna underperform in the Depravity system ¿400pts to generate just 2DP one from you and one from your enemy? Nah, 4 MSU of 100pts to generate 8 seem way better. Of course most MSU are gonna explode if the enemy retaliate or charge.

Still exploding 6s go to triple hit when you are at 20+ models, but MSU is better for Depravity Point generation now. Different lists, different playstyles. Maybe MSU and then summon blobs of 30 daemonettes. I don't know, is so exciting!

Why warhammer community didn't hyped this? Where they mad?

Locus goes in a 4+ in regular heroes (and 3+ in the Keeper) but now only prevent the pile in move. I like the change, i was mad about locus being useless in small heroes, now it got a good use, you can avoid a big chunck of retaliate with it, but the other player will probably enjoy the fight too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yoid said:

Im reading the leaks and Oh My God. Summoning builds revolving around shooting and tanking are gonna be broken. As it reads you generate DP at the end of the battleshock phase (Both yours and the enemy) 1 point for each unit (both your and your enemy) that suffered a wound or mortal wound or have less models than at the start of the turn.

Wait, is that actually how it works? I assumed it was just your own units getting wounded and surviving that gave it? 

That is what is writen in the battletome, could be an errata. Spanish version often comes with multiple errata compared to the english one, may be the same case for the italian. It simply say "for each unit in the field of battle that suffered a wound, or mortal wound, and it was not negated, or have less models than at the start of the turn" The last part may be to be covered  about "slay" effects that not really deal wounds.

It does not say "Your turn" or "Your army" or "Slaanesh units" or anything like that.

The only mention to Slaanesh or your is "You can use depravity points to summon Daemons of Slaanesh units" and "Add to your army" and "Wholly within 12 of a friendly Slaanesh Hero and more than 9 from any enemy unit"

Its all units taking damage and survivng through battle shock. Someone who inflicts damage onto themselves such as ogor caster would actually give us a depravity I think. But, my google translate skills could be bad and hopefully tomorrow they actually talk about whats happening. 

Shardspeaker of Slaanesh is the dream herald we always wanted. She got an automatic effect once per turn like the chaos sorcerer lord, you pick an enemy unit within 9 and roll a dice, on a 3+ your army got +1 to wound rolls vs that unit. The spell have a range of 12, difficulty of 6 and make an enemy unit suffer -1 to wound rolls. Is not gonna be that easy to use, but i really like that support capabilities.

Yeah the Shardspeaker is a risky proposition to get the most out of but her abilities are incredible. -1 to-wound is an amazing debuff, and getting +1 to-wound on Slaanesh units in particular is incredible given we tend to have good hit-rolls and not so good wound-rolls. 

The Depravity mechanic is literally more than twice as good as I thought it was, and I already thought it was pretty darn good! Even if you don't try to abuse it by min-maxing and running as much shooting as possible, you'll still rack up those points fast in a typical game. Slaanesh summoning definitely looks like it's still the fastest of any Chaos faction, but at least it doesn't penalize taking non-hero units now. I think big expensive models like Keepers will still very much have a place (in particular for their support abilities) given they will be harder to remove than smaller heroes; I guess it depends on just how much one wants to go 'all-in' on the mechanic.

I also expect massive discounts in our heroes and specially Keepers now that they aren't DP bags that self summon another one anymore.

They may go the other way tho and overprice every single unit in the army now that everyone generate DP.

Summoning 3 Fiends cost 8 DP, it feels juicy for Fiends lovers.

4 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Might be time to get that Soulgrinder on the table? Can probably generate 4 DP on his turn and 2 in the opponent so it s already half a keeper?

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even think about this despite having run the Syll'Esskan Host Soul Grinder battalion at Cancon last year. That's money right there! It does make me wonder though if Syll'Esskan Host will still be legal...probably not :( 

Edited by Jaskier

3 hours ago, Yoid said:

Why warhammer community didn't hyped this? Where they mad?

Just woke up.. And this right here is my biggest question.... Like, What the F****** F*** where they thinking? ALL of this is AWESOME news and just reignited my lust for opening up that wallet!

16 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

The hugest nerf I've noticed from the leaks thus far is euphoric killers being tied now to the hedonite keyword. This sucks the wind out of nearly all S2D and beast heavy slaanesh lists.

While I own some 2500pts of StD (Archaon drags that up a lot) I like this change :) We have enough warscrolls in our own book to look for answers now instead of going where the grass is greener for our juice (I'm looking at you Marauders). 
It still boggles my mind why the WarCom didn't think to spoil us with some of this info throughout the week, instead of us finding out this way :) 

This mechanic for depravity points makes WAY more sense than the old one. The only thing that will maybe make it run out of control is that is seems to generate from your units and the enemy units. I expect with a bit of shooting this will make for a disastrously large amount of summoning. Hard to tell without seeing the English version though. Also seems like it will taper off towards the end of the game when there are fewer units running around.