AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Graywater I've been slowly building (yet to paint) my way toward a seeker force. The basic Slaanesh getting started set gives you 2 chariot kits and 5 seekers and 10 deamonettes. So its really easy by the time you've got 30 deamonettes (one full unit) you've also got a full 20 seekers and 6 chariot kits (which can be build as seekers, hellflayers or combine two to make exalted chariots). If you keep buying your core demons in getting started sets you'll be well on your way to a seeker force. 

The new mounted seekers are also looking awesome and I can't wait to find out how they perform and what their points are. Adding a new combat type and ranged really gives something powerful to an already very fast force 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

Graywater I've been slowly building (yet to paint) my way toward a seeker force. The basic Slaanesh getting started set gives you 2 chariot kits and 5 seekers and 10 deamonettes. So its really easy by the time you've got 30 deamonettes (one full unit) you've also got a full 20 seekers and 6 chariot kits (which can be build as seekers, hellflayers or combine two to make exalted chariots). If you keep buying your core demons in getting started sets you'll be well on your way to a seeker force. 

The new mounted seekers are also looking awesome and I can't wait to find out how they perform and what their points are. Adding a new combat type and ranged really gives something powerful to an already very fast force 

Mixing in chariots is a good idea. An army of chariots and seekers sounds visually interesting, and now that there are going to be two more types of mounted units, it will hopefully be varied and therefore interesting to play versus one warscroll (well 2, but they perform the exact same role, so it may as well be 1) repeated over and over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Popisdead said:

There was a guy on Twitter posting that he had his stuff/Battletome with photos.

Was it pre-rder last week or this Saturday?

It's this Saturday, but it could be that some people who work in shops have had their stuff delivered early.  

Stores get stuff shipped out early, normally GW seems to do it the week of the pre-order, but I think with how things are postal wise nationally and internationally ,they are likely sending out things early so that its got every chance of arriving at the stores on time to then head out to customers on time. 

And yes every pre-release there's always a few stores that let stock slip the net early for various reasons; or store workers/owners who get their own stuff early because they work at the store. In general the stores try to not let it get out because GW will come down on them (as will any supplier/manufacturer) if things do get out in the wild early. 

It's part of why things like "Man reads book" are good for GW to now endorse because with the internet if "Man reads book" isn't done officially then it will be done unofficially anyway by someone. At least doing it officially means its controlled and authentic (in the past people have made mock-ups and abused leaks to spread disinformation). 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Community article on Monday"Over the next few days, we’ll be exploring Battletome: Hedonites of Slaanesh in more detail. We’re sure you’re hungry for more… "

Thursday Night ....

Well they're not wrong, we are hungry for more!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow; in a way, I don't even mind if we don't get loads and loads of rules in the next article, just enough that we can start speculating. Sometimes it can be fun to spot our own in the book.

Perhaps too optimistic, but I'm moving more towards the option that this is a new release strategy. Instead of the normal big rules showcase, then smaller showcases, then fluff, they've wanted to try full fluff until the last second and then show the important stuff. Why? If I were to guess, it may be because fluff pieces tend to get much less engagement than rules pieces, and in general there's more engagement at the start of the week than the end as info becomes less 'special' and more part of the scenery. This may be an attempt to stem the loss of engagement that they tend to get at the last part of a preorder cycle. Get a load of people hyped for the rules that they keep not showing until the very last minute where they give the pay off. The early fluff pieces are held up by anticipation and the later rule pieces get a lot of engagement and hype due to anticipation. You notice in past preorders that there's a big wave of rules early on that everyone is excited for, and then a bit of a hype lull after; perhaps this way, all articles will be read and engagement will be higher.

Whether or not this is a good idea, I couldn't say on a larger scale. A lot of us are frustrated now, but if we get the best rules preview ever tomorrow then we may not care - we may be even more hyped, in fact. 

That said, I do think the articles have been a rather low quality; even with the previous fluff pieces for other armies, they've had interesting titbits of lore, whereas ours have been a bit bare bones. I don't think this is a sign that our book is going to be rubbish, mind, but rather there's been a squeeze in the team. Even if we have the exact same core rules, they are almost guaranteed to have content enough for the preorder week (new scrolls, army examples, hopefully a mortal spell lore, a bigger fluff piece on Sigvald and look at the model etc) and they have, for whatever reason, chosen not to show it. They are almost always up for showing rules, even if they're weak (I mean, most of the SoB was pretty weak when it was shown) so I don't think it's been kept a secret because our book was given to an unpaid intern to write. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Well they're not wrong, we are hungry for more!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow; in a way, I don't even mind if we don't get loads and loads of rules in the next article, just enough that we can start speculating. Sometimes it can be fun to spot our own in the book.

Perhaps too optimistic, but I'm moving more towards the option that this is a new release strategy. Instead of the normal big rules showcase, then smaller showcases, then fluff, they've wanted to try full fluff until the last second and then show the important stuff. Why? If I were to guess, it may be because fluff pieces tend to get much less engagement than rules pieces, and in general there's more engagement at the start of the week than the end as info becomes less 'special' and more part of the scenery. This may be an attempt to stem the loss of engagement that they tend to get at the last part of a preorder cycle. Get a load of people hyped for the rules that they keep not showing until the very last minute where they give the pay off. The early fluff pieces are held up by anticipation and the later rule pieces get a lot of engagement and hype due to anticipation. You notice in past preorders that there's a big wave of rules early on that everyone is excited for, and then a bit of a hype lull after; perhaps this way, all articles will be read and engagement will be higher.

Whether or not this is a good idea, I couldn't say on a larger scale. A lot of us are frustrated now, but if we get the best rules preview ever tomorrow then we may not care - we may be even more hyped, in fact. 

That said, I do think the articles have been a rather low quality; even with the previous fluff pieces for other armies, they've had interesting titbits of lore, whereas ours have been a bit bare bones. I don't think this is a sign that our book is going to be rubbish, mind, but rather there's been a squeeze in the team. Even if we have the exact same core rules, they are almost guaranteed to have content enough for the preorder week (new scrolls, army examples, hopefully a mortal spell lore, a bigger fluff piece on Sigvald and look at the model etc) and they have, for whatever reason, chosen not to show it. They are almost always up for showing rules, even if they're weak (I mean, most of the SoB was pretty weak when it was shown) so I don't think it's been kept a secret because our book was given to an unpaid intern to write. 

My only real gripe is that I wanted to know the rules and such to have a bit of time to speculate and consider what to get. With the delays and all, I'd prefer to pre-order stuff when it comes up to be efficient, which will be more difficult if GW unloads everything at the last minute.

Perhaps contentious, but my getting into the faction fully and playing it really hinges on Sigvald being good. Not broken, not mediocre. Good enough that a list with him commanding Hedonites mortals (or a mix with daemons) has enough strength and ceiling to play both casual and tourneys.

• Like 1

Well we are about 24 hours away from new zealand pre-order which will we will find out most of our mortals do. Man readeth the book in hopefully 36 away to paint a clearer picture. Now I know for warcry stuff before the units were announced, they told reviewers to skip Slaanesh, so hopefully people pick up the book to talk about the chances. Ash from GMG tends to read most things word for word, so that's nice, but I'll watch miniwargaming if I gotta to hear some changes, though I know they won't talk much at all about actual rules written. 

I was hoping we weren't orktobered, but we got our models in time, we just didn't get the hype to go with it. There was plenty to write, and they decided not to write it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Perhaps contentious, but my getting into the faction fully and playing it really hinges on Sigvald being good. Not broken, not mediocre. Good enough that a list with him commanding Hedonites mortals (or a mix with daemons) has enough strength and ceiling to play both casual and tourneys.

I have a feeling that he's going to be good - GW usually do a decent job on named characters so I think you'll be safe with him unless we get unusually unlucky.

I do agree it's a shame we've not had much chance to properly speculate on our units, and we've basically just been able to speculate on why we've not seen any rules yet

13 minutes ago, Carnith said:

I was hoping we weren't orktobered, but we got our models in time, we just didn't get the hype to go with it. There was plenty to write, and they decided not to write it. 

Yeah, I think it was just poorly thought out marketing (or perhaps a bit of a risky experiment). It sucks, but I'm not sure how much we can extrapolate from it in relation to the new battletome :)

I’m so excited! I can’t wait to put my Slaanesh Mortals against my Khorne Bloodbound Mortal force. GW really couldn’t have released this anymore slower; the lack of rules previews is hurting (not in the good ways that Slaanesh promises). Still, regardless of the rules are hot or not, my money is gonna go for Sigvald, but I’m still stumped on how to base him. I’m thinking of going for a desert base or beach base to match the general Persian theme that’s prevailing, but I’m unsure. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, shinros said:

Seems the battletome is starting to leak out, depravity was changed. I like it. 

That's very good to know about depravity :) Shame they didn't tell us earlier but ah well! I know you can't say too much, but vaguely, would you say it makes us less hero focussed?

7 hours ago, Enoby said:

Let's hope...

Screenshot_20210211-163929_Facebook.jpg

By the time this gets posted, it'll be less than 12 hours until pre-orders go live for us Aussies and Kiwis - most of whom will be asleep when the article gets put up. We'll have warscrolls in our hands not long after that, and man-reads-book before the end of the day. Why even bother with an article containing actual valuable information the community wants at this point if they couldn't be bothered taking the opportunity to post one on any of the previous five days? 

Beyond rules, I'm keen to finally get the base size confusion settled. If those Slickblades really are on the big cavalry bases, they're going to be gigantic next to our older Seekers. 

Edit: Of course we get leaks before WHC gives us good previews, of course this is how we learn about the changes 😅

Edited by Jaskier
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Enoby said:

That's very good to know about depravity :) Shame they didn't tell us earlier but ah well! I know you can't say too much, but vaguely, would you say it makes us less hero focussed?

Yes, it is less hero focused and Sigvald in my eyes appears pretty good. 

Edited by shinros
  • LOVE IT! 4