The Better part of the valour

Pejzub

Question

Hey everyone,

During our last tournament we came to a little pickle regarding the wording of the scoring for this scenario. None of us is a native speaker and the way it was translated and ruled makes sense in our language, but I think in English it was meant the other way. Luckily this in the end had no impact on the games so no one was cheated out of their victory, but I am curious about it. You basically burn the points at the end of the turn and get points based on how long have you controlled it. This is regarding one part of the rule which is stated as follows:

... If the player controlled the objective at the end of their turn before last, and has not lost control of it since, they score 4 victory points. ...

All of the players interpreted this as it means that if you control the objective at the end of the turn 4 (meaning at the end of your turn before last turn possible in game which is 5) and have not lost control of it since turn 1 you score 4 points.

I however think this means if you control the point three consecutive rounds you can burn it for 4 points - you control it at the end of your turn (turn 3) before last (last turn was turn 2, and the one before last was turn 1).

Simply put can you burn the points in this scenario for 4 points at the end of turn 3 or turn 4? Thanks!

1 answer to this question

The wording is meant that you can burn it for 4 points at the end of turn 3 if you held it since turn 1, or  turn 4 if you  held it since turn 2. If you held it since turn 1 and burn it turn 4 it's still worth just 4 points as there's no way to get 6, only 8 if you held it all 5 turns. Hope that makes sense.