Mercenaries!!!

3 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Curious why anyone who isn’t already in the undead faction would take ghouls. Or what the justification for them to be mercenaries are in the first place

As weird as it sounds, it is not impossible. In the last realmgate wars novel, Lord of Undeath if i remember correctly, a stormcast anvils chamber was hosted by a flesh eater court. The abhorrent ruler saw the stormcast as foreign dignitaries and treated them well. Of course that was back when Nagash was viewed as a potential ally but still. 

@Mandzak-Miniatures @SirPergrin

Squinting at the Forbidden Power Dramatis Personae page linked in the community article reveals that Abhorrant  Ghoul King Maladoros and the Tenerbrous Court maintain an uneasy peace with Lethis (the Anvils of the Heldenhammer run city build on top of the Stormvault containing Nagash's much speculated servant/ally), so wait and see I guess. Some Flesh Eater-Courts worship Nagash, and some revile him, while others do everything in between - I'm excited to see the conditions most other armies would "hire" Flesh Eater-Courts under, and what they get paid in.

Spoiler

FPUnboxing-May13-Spread8hw-665x529.jpg