JH Miniatures VIDEO TUTORIALS Thread

3 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Got a question about white ink, if you don't mind. Looking at the website of the local arts&crafts store, they have three types of ink available: Calligraphy ink, acrylic ink and drawing (artists'?) ink, and I'm not sure which type will be best for miniature painting. I assume it's not the calligraphy type, but would you recommend I get the Schmincke "Aero Color Professional" acrylic ink, or the Winsor&Newton drawing ink?

That is a good question and one that I don't know the correct answer for. The only brands I've tried and know are good are Liquitex and Daler Rowney. 

I'm guessing both would be the same and that the name is just marketing. Acrylic ink is acrylic ink. That being said I would probably go for Schmincke on the basis that they make the best acrylic white paint on the planet so their white ink should be good but that is it. 

In some art shops they let you try the product on a piece of paper first, trying it on some black paper should give you all the info you need. 

Sorry that I cannot be of more help.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! 

I was asked a couple times how I did the basing on my Eavy Contrast Marines and while I'm working on the longer videos I decided to make a series of videos on basing, starting with my favourite method Basing Paste. This is exactly how I base my marines.

Thanks for watching and I hope you find it useful!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Decided to make a tutorial on the Purple NMM as so many people asked for it.

This is the first time doing NMM and an amazing learning experience for me. I always feared NMM and never got to do it, now I'm glad I did. You never know what you are capable of, until you just go a do it.

Paint Bravely!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...