JH Miniatures VIDEO TUTORIALS Thread

Hi Guys!

I decided that instead of spamming the forum with new Threads for each video I make, it's better to have them all in one big thread.

Hope you like them!

1. How to Paint - Intense Green

2. How to Paint - Saturated Red

3. Intense Blue

Edited by JH.Miniatures
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, phizzco said:

WOW i never thought of using green wash. Thats amazing!

Yes! Everyone does it wrong, that's why I decided to show it in the video. It's a trick I learned A LONG time ago from some of the best historical miniature painters. Blue, green or a mix of the two give the most realistic beard stubble as they are the complementary colour to the Caucasian flesh.

Glazes are not going away. Can't find the quote but someone asked that direct question on Facebook and GW said glazes aren't going anywhere. After, naturally, I had purchased 4 of each in anticipation of them being gone.

I think I heard they were going to the Citadel Air line and be called "Clear."

8 minutes ago, Gutpile said:

Glazes are not going away. Can't find the quote but someone asked that direct question on Facebook and GW said glazes aren't going anywhere. After, naturally, I had purchased 4 of each in anticipation of them being gone.

I think I heard they were going to the Citadel Air line and be called "Clear."

I'm afraid they are going away. The clear paints are those candy coats previously made by FW. 

FB_IMG_1559943096130.jpg

That directly contradicts a post by GW that I saw this week. If Facebook didn't suck the dongs of a thousand troggoths I would be able to find it. Quote: "Inks aren't going anywhere."

Edited by Gutpile
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gutpile said:

That directly contradicts a post by GW that I saw this week. If Facebook didn't suck the dongs of a thousand troggoths I would be able to find it. Quote: "Inks aren't going anywhere."

Yeah, it's been a very confusing thing all this. But I've seen it confirmed elsewhere, they are going away.

Your experience with the Citadel whites seems to be opposite to mine. I find Ceramite White to be unusable garbage, but White Scar is okay - not great, but usable. I think I definitely need to get some white ink though, after seeing how smoothly it flows from your brush in that last video.

Great tutorials overall, you've got a new subscriber right here!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Swooper said:

Your experience with the Citadel whites seems to be opposite to mine. I find Ceramite White to be unusable garbage, but White Scar is okay - not great, but usable. I think I definitely need to get some white ink though, after seeing how smoothly it flows from your brush in that last video.

Great tutorials overall, you've got a new subscriber right here!

Yeah I've heard that too, in fact I even said that when I was recording the video but it got scrapped in the editing as the rambling was already too long. 

My ceramite white has always been a decent colour, never had any problems with the two pots I bought at all but I heard horror stories. I guess that is why GW made a new recipe (Corax White) and scrapped it. 

Thanks for the support! It's greatly appreciated 

• Like 1

Got a question about white ink, if you don't mind. Looking at the website of the local arts&crafts store, they have three types of ink available: Calligraphy ink, acrylic ink and drawing (artists'?) ink, and I'm not sure which type will be best for miniature painting. I assume it's not the calligraphy type, but would you recommend I get the Schmincke "Aero Color Professional" acrylic ink, or the Winsor&Newton drawing ink?