Competitive Top Tier Armys

Shock and awe a few months after release Gloomspite starts showing up on the circuit and netting podium finishes. 

I think people's tendancy to use determinism to deduce their perspective on reality will prevent large swaths of the gaming world from really seeing what strong factions are, just as in Magic, physics, and every other pursuit where almost all the competitive or high level creative work is done by 1% of participants.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:23 AM, whispersofblood said:

Shock and awe a few months after release Gloomspite starts showing up on the circuit and netting podium finishes. 

I think people's tendancy to use determinism to deduce their perspective on reality will prevent large swaths of the gaming world from really seeing what strong factions are, just as in Magic, physics, and every other pursuit where almost all the competitive or high level creative work is done by 1% of participants.

I think that has to do more with its meta % increasing probably due to the time/money investment needed for the army resulting in a slower build up (i.e. people who started Gloomspite Armies when they came out are finally finishing them up). I'm sure Looncurse is bringing in a lot of players (I just got a squig army thanks to it). I think Flesh Eater Courts exploding in popularity was due to its affordability and ease of painting as much as its power level.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:23 AM, whispersofblood said:

One third place finish from a UK masters participant and a great player does not Gloomspite Gitz great make. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 2:30 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

Don't forget to add Legion of Azgorh to the middle tier!  If they wear stilts they could make it to the 2nd tier :D

LoA has a pretty high win percentage, but I feel its skewed by the people that put out for a forge world army really knowing what they're doing. If they gave our units different kits to loadout (conversions for 2h Centaurs, 2h iron sworn, and blunderbuses for the fireglavies along with rules) and some endless spells and a scenery piece I'd be ecstatic. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, prochuvi said:

Khaos dwarf (i havent idea)

The chaos dwarves don't have any ability for free summoning units. In the old rules you could summon K'daii Fireborn using a mage casting a spell on X+ and on a 12 you'd summon two units. In the current rules you set up the K'daii at the start and they're not summonable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

One third place finish from a UK masters participant and a great player does not Gloomspite Gitz great make. 

Putting constraints on reporting that otherwise don't exist. But also Gloomspite gitz jumped in representation, results will follow, it is another very strong book.

• Thanks 1