So, who does want Tomb Kings and Bretonnians back?

So, who does want Tomb Kings and Bretonnians back?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Which retired factions would you quite like to collect if given the chance?

• Tomb Kings
    • Bretonnians
    • Greenskins
    • Gitmob
    • Dogs of War

On 5/3/2019 at 5:06 AM, Yokai said:

Probably due to 40k having been profitable enough to keep stuff around (even though Dark Eldar was not updated with a new codex for about 12 years!) whereas WHFB wasn't, mostly because of army bloat and the inability to keep all the stuff updated. If an army or whatnot is not recognized as profitable in the long run, it gets axed when the resources are better spent elsewhere. Hence the introduction of AoS.

Actually, the big problem with WHFB and why itw asn't profitable compared to 40k was essentially the 6th ed 40k conundrum where GW released a REALLY BAD RULES SET and half the player base, mainly hardcore tournament attendees said '****** you' and migrated to othr companies and other systems becayuse Gamesworkshop were not the only option out there and not dominant like they had been for so many years. WHFB for the last few editions suffered the same sort of thing. I mean who can forget Purpole Sun edition WHFB? If you didn';t have it what was the point in playing? Again massive numbers of people just up and stopped playing and buying new models and new product and gamesworkshop suffered massively for it. they went a  different route to 40k and blew the world up and created AoS which was so over simplified initially and missed the ball witha complete lack of matched play points as a system that most people who had left didn't come back into the fold for a long time. GW can very easily keep all of the old WHFB armies and models available, a large proportion of their catalogue is online ordering only now and even thens tuff is marked as out of stock all over the place so it would be easy enough to in effect eliminate product lines withouts crewing over existingf players and their collections simply because they are never in stock thus funelling enwer players away from those older lines and into the newer armies and mainlines of products.

I'm all for GW bringing back both Tomb Kings and Brettonians and reintroducing a lot of the older models that disappeared but are still around inw arscrolls because the Mortal Realms are massively huge compared to the Old World which is so insignificantly small compared to even a single mortal realm that there really is no excuse not to ahve them available. Bloat is not an issue, it's not for 40k so it clearly can be dealt with relativelye asily.

I always liked the Tomb Kings and Bretonnians. Unfortunately their look just doesn’t mesh with the current fantasy flavor. They’re far too grounded in historical themes, which is why I loved WHFB, and they would just seem out of place now.

@Vomikron Then why we still have Empire units? Nothing looks out of place in AoS.

TBH Although I'm not that keen on Bretonnia and TK return as others Ireally pity the lost of so many good bits, especially after seeing old Dave Taylor's Cathay army.. How diverse Freeguild armies we could make with a mix of Empire and Bretonnia bits.