Slaanesh and ynnead in AoS?

elfhead

I don't play 40k, never have. So I don't know a lot about eldar fluff. But with the new 'Death masque' box there seems to be a development with the eldar trying to awake a god and it is somehow connected with destroying slaanesh.

in 8th edition the elf fluff incorporated some eldar elements. For example the gems they carry ar now important to the survival of their souls or something like that. I didn't care much for this development though, but it might indicate more eldar fluff will be incorporated with aelves.

i'm wondering if the developments with eldar and ynnead (the 'new' god) will somehow connect to AoS and the story about slaanesh being captured and elves being lost. Ynnead sounds pretty interesting, I'd like to year from anyone who knows more about her (him?).

what do you know about ynnead, do you expect ynnead in 40k will influence AoS and in what manner?

If the universes *are* linked, 40K is more likely to be in the past of AoS than be its' future. The fall of the Eldar - the birth of Slaanesh - was a little over 10k years ago. The old world - of which Slaanesh was always a part - was at least 17k years old when it was destroyed, and we're now thousands of years later than that.

That said, there's nothing GW like more than cross pollination via the realm of chaos. So whilst Ynnead's involvement may be irrelevant, I would not be surprised if Slaanesh has a big role in both universes at the same point in the release schedule... ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ynnead is the mythical Eldar God of the Dead in 40k. When Eldar die, their souls go to their Soulstones and are put into the Infinity Circruit of the Craftword. (planet-sized spaceships) If Eldar Souls aren't taken there, Slaanesh will eat them. When the Infinty Circruits would have enough souls, they would merge and become Ynnaed, which is theorized to require the death of every last Eldar.

Currently, in AoS, Slaanesh has been captured by the Aelves after (s)he gorged on souls and needed a nice nap. His/her Daemons and Followers are currently seeking her. (Or just revel or aim to become a Chaos God themselves)

So for this reason, I doubt it will have much influence. The only influence 40k will have on AoS is when they release Slaanesh Daemons.

It's likely Tyrion, Teclis and Malerion will take a somewhat similar role. They're all Aelven gods, caring mostly for the Aelfs. They are actively searching for their children (the ones not fled to Azyr) and fighting chaos. Tyrion and Teclis seem to have captured Slaanesh as well. So there's going to be a plot there, we just don't know what.

There's been close to no fluff on the Aelfs so far, unfortunately.

I'm expecting an Elven/Slaanesh release eventually, but I don't think it'll be linked to 40k at all. As we've often seen from GW, the releases for each game system are very rarely linked together, as the design teams for each is seperate entities. The last time we got any kind of link up, was when the Bloodthirster was released, a model that could be used in both game systems, which in turn gave them a reason to write shared content.

So, unless we suddenly see a new, Eldar styled set of Aelf models, I'd be surprised if we got anything out of this other than utter jealousy at the detailing on the new Deathwatch.

Archived