Stormvault: The New Lore

Spoiler

JPllHKW.jpg

:D 

Seriously though, "ally" is an interesting choice of word over servant/minion/subordinate/Dark Lords Mortarch if intentional. Nagash has never been the type for making allies, just killing peeps and telling them he owns them now. People Nagash has allied with or treated like equals that I can name off the top of my head are Sigmar's pantheon from the Age of Myth - all accounted for; the Incarnates from the End Times, also mostly accounted for bar Grimgor and the boring fire elf; the skaven waaaay back pre Nagashizzar (we all know how that went down); and at a push Drachenfels.

Schematics aside, old WFB stuff seems to be the Anvils of the Heldenhammer's schtik, so it's bound to be a returning character. EXCITED :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Would be hilarious if sigmar got Alcadizaar

I'm amazed more people didn't speculate the Celestant Prime being Alcadizzar (I mean he's obviously Karl Franz, but still).

Now that the Anvils of the Heldenhammer are the straight up home of good guy human WFB characters, it would be cool to see more "historical" characters turn up there, Alcadizzar, Magnus the Pious, Bertha Bestrfung, Tancred. I've been umming and ahing about converting up a Stormcast Maruis Leitdorf for months.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xking said:

Ally  just means servant to Nagash.  Seriously though, I think we could see a new Mortarch this year.  maybe for deathrattle, I could see a Kemmler/Krell thing going on.

Deathrattle already have Arkhan, didnt he recieve that keyword in Legions of Nagash like Mannfred and Neferata gained Soulblight?

55 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

ah i see. ive just checked the warscrolls, interesting that the vampire Mortarchs got the Soulblight keyword whereas Arkhan didnt get Deathrattle

Arkhan's a classy skeleton. Him having the Deathrattle keyword would be like Thanquol having the Verminus one. ;) 

If anything Arkhan should be a Deathmage.

Edited by Double Misfire
  • Like 1

If it's the return of Vlad (or Isabella for that matter) I'd buy in a heartbeat. I know Vlad is super dead, but that didn't stop nagash from resurrecting him the first time during the end times. As I recall Isabella should be alive though since she should have the von carstein ring. 

Also didn't one of the recent rumor engines look like a bone construct? What if Krell got turned into a Morghast hero? Now that's a model I'd pay to see!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

If it's the return of Vlad (or Isabella for that matter) I'd buy in a heartbeat. I know Vlad is super dead, but that didn't stop nagash from resurrecting him the first time during the end times. As I recall Isabella should be alive though since she should have the von carstein ring. 

What if Vlad came back as a Stormcast and Isabella came back as a Mortarch. That would be an interesting dynamic consider how in love the two were.

I do wonder if the Stormvaults are going to be related in any way to prison escape that Malign Portents ended on since it sounds to be a similar idea, historical characters returning to the Mortal Realms after being freed.

• Like 2

Just now, Harpo2 said:

What if Vlad came back as a Stormcast and Isabella came back as a Mortarch. That would be an interesting dynamic consider how in love the two were.

I do wonder if the Stormvaults are going to be related in any way to prison escape that Malign Portents ended on since it sounds to be a similar idea, historical characters returning to the Mortal Realms after being freed.

Vlad and Karl where broing it up a bit in the end times so it makes you wonder...

What would Isabella's mortarch title be? 

3 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Vlad and Karl where broing it up a bit in the end times so it makes you wonder...

What would Isabella's mortarch title be? 

Shadow, inherited from Vlad?

When Nighthaunt and 2.0 were first teased everyone had her down as the Mortarch of Grief, which would have been a great fit with a permadead Vlad.

Just now, Double Misfire said:

Shadow, inherited from Vlad?

When Nighthaunt and 2.0 were first teased everyone had her down as the Mortarch of Grief, which would have been a great fit with a permadead Vlad.

If only we where so lucky. But yeah I guess inheriting shadow would work. I guess that means abyss is also up for grabs if GW ever wants to do undead pirates again. Isabella as the mortarch of shadow could also be an opportunity to give soulblight their own standalone release instead of being a footnote in LoN.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonlightwolf said:

I'm hoping this turns out to be the return of Krell and comes with a major update to deathrattle to make them more like a nagash following tomb kings army with Krell as their mortarch.

If this is the case then I’m going to pray for skeleton wizards and/or some archers!

I really hope it is a new mortarch like Vlad, Harkon or Isabella. Someone very recognizable but not from an oop army. As much as I would like tomb kings back, I don't think it's going to happen yet despite the very Egyptian look of the temples.

still, fingers crossed for Abhorash, the first blood knight, to return and lead the soulblight army to greatness!

• Like 1