Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fairbanks

Looncurse - GW's Plants vs Fungi

Recommended Posts

Visited my local GW today and saw several Looncurse boxes. Seems strange after all the talk about there not being enough. Wondering if its a outlier or if the number of Looncurse boxes not as low as it seemed at first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps they allocated fewer of them to distribution through the website or retailers and held back more for Warhammer stores?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were five in my FLGS this week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just grabbed a copy at my local GW, it was their last though, and the flgs was already sold out,so couldn't get a discounted copy. Still happ to have many squigs though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Perhaps they allocated fewer of them to distribution through the website or retailers and held back more for Warhammer stores?

They most likely only allotted a certain amount to website distribution (by region) and those sold out online during the pre-order.  With Warhammer Stores they dictate how many copies each store gets rather than using manager stock requests.  And with FLGS stores they most likely allotted a specific amount and then gave them to stores based on first-come-first-serve for orders.  This is not untypical for retail distribution with limited stock run items.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 4:42 PM, EccentricCircle said:

I just grabbed a copy at my local GW, it was their last though, and the flgs was already sold out,so couldn't get a discounted copy. Still happ to have many squigs though!

Congrats on the purchase.  Squig HYPE!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the_master288 said:

Congrats on the purchase.  Squig HYPE!!

Yeah, building that many at once was very entertaining! I've got the old Mangler Squigs, and Squig hoppers already, among some other gobliny bits, which I reckon I can now make a 2000 point army out of!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EccentricCircle said:

Yeah, building that many at once was very entertaining! I've got the old Mangler Squigs, and Squig hoppers already, among some other gobliny bits, which I reckon I can now make a 2000 point army out of!

That's fantastic!  I picked up Looncurse for the squigs as well, although, I think I will need to get a few more.  I have some grots and a few other units around, but I still need to figure out what I want so that I can reach that 2k point army.  I wouldn't mind playing a 1k game just to figure out the maneuverability of the squigs and what they can accomplish before I make a larger model purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the_master288 said:

That's fantastic!  I picked up Looncurse for the squigs as well, although, I think I will need to get a few more.  I have some grots and a few other units around, but I still need to figure out what I want so that I can reach that 2k point army.  I wouldn't mind playing a 1k game just to figure out the maneuverability of the squigs and what they can accomplish before I make a larger model purchase.

Well, you can never have enough squigs... that's just not possible! I think I now have thirty once I add these to my older ones, but I kind of want to get another of the new plastic sets just to be able to build all of the herders, they are awesome designs!
I was quite keen on the Sylvaneth side of the box too though truth be told. Until they released this and the shadespire band I had everything except Alarielle (who I now won't be getting for a while...). I'm keen to build up the last few weapon options on the revanants, and try out that side of the box as well.

I definitely didn't need another big army project, and won't be getting any more warhammer for a while, but it should be an entertaining next few months of painting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Well, you can never have enough squigs... that's just not possible! I think I now have thirty once I add these to my older ones, but I kind of want to get another of the new plastic sets just to be able to build all of the herders, they are awesome designs!
I was quite keen on the Sylvaneth side of the box too though truth be told. Until they released this and the shadespire band I had everything except Alarielle (who I now won't be getting for a while...). I'm keen to build up the last few weapon options on the revanants, and try out that side of the box as well.

I definitely didn't need another big army project, and won't be getting any more warhammer for a while, but it should be an entertaining next few months of painting!

That's awesome!!  I agree though, that you can't have enough squigs, might need to get some more of those, haha.

Good luck in your painting endeavors!  Don't worry, the Everqueen will be there when the time is right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dude who was going to buy my gits ghosted on me but it took about three hours for someone else to pick 'em up. So now I can afford to buy Forbidden Power!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...