Looncurse - GW's Plants vs Fungi

32 minutes ago, Yokai said:

That is one of the unwritten laws of the Internet these days: if there is a point to be argued about, no matter how miniscule, people will argue about it. 😜

I disagree and you’re wrong ;)

Is the price known? As long as I preorder from my favorite UK supplier there shouldn’t be any issues with stock levels (based on the recent boxes that came out)?

• Haha 1

I really hope they did change something in Tree-Revenants warscroll. If any unit in Sylvaneth range needs a boost it's them. In every game I use them they only die and do close to none damage. Arch-Revenant should boost them as well. Kurnoth Hunters were already powerful. 

9 hours ago, Aryann said:

I really hope they did change something in Tree-Revenants warscroll. If any unit in Sylvaneth range needs a boost it's them. In every game I use them they only die and do close to none damage. Arch-Revenant should boost them as well. Kurnoth Hunters were already powerful. 

All of the revenants need a boost - the spites are much worse than the tree revenants.

3 hours ago, The World Tree said:

All of the revenants need a boost - the spites are much worse than the tree revenants.

I very much agree that they all need a boost (they either should have 2 wounds per model, or more reliable offensive threats), but I disagree that spite revenants are "much worse".  140 points for 10 spites, 160 points for 10 tree-revs. Enemies having to take a worse dice roll for battleshock tests on top of -1 to bravery can instantly cause damage that wouldn't normally be there.  That also has synergy with drycha's AoE damage spell. Spite-revenants have no rend, but 50% more attacks. Both units have a 4+ to hit which isn't that good. Tree-rev's have a 3+ only on the wound roll.  The spite-revenant battalions seem to tack on instant mortal wounds, if you are willing to invest.

I agree though, with 5 wounds for either unit, they are a squishy joke.  It's almost always preferable to play any other unit or even to take an ally.

Edited by Zanzou

The spites mainly need a buff to their survivability. 
A 5+ save and Bravery 6 is pretty bad. For a unit that costs 80 for 5 models.... 
Compare with something like Chainrasp Hordes. 
Same price, same save but ethereal, same to hit, more bravery and double the models. 

Yeah tree-revs have better wound and rend, but Chainrasps get rerolls to wound and are easier to buff, can be summoned back, move further and fly.  
But you're paying 80 for 10 models.  

Sure the roles are different and dryads do the horde/tarpit role much better. Maybe even better than chainrasps. But you can see how the price of the Tree-revs makes them tough to justify. That's why their main role is teleporting around grabbing objectives or threatening lone wizards up the back, not fighting. 

I'd love to use their 2 attacks with rend more offensively. +1 attack from the arch revenant on a large unit would be really nice. 

If you want another unit to compare too... look at Bladegheists Revenants. They are 90 for 5. 
come with a 3+/3+/-1 attack, can retreat and charge, get +1 attack on the charge and move 8" with fly. Have easy access to rerolls, oh and have a 4+ ethereal save.  
They can't teleport like tree-revs can, but otherwise they are HEAPS better for only 10pts more. 

• Like 2

I find it curious that they’re hiding all of the Sylvaneth warscrolls from it. Even for the models that already exist. Definitely indicative of changes on the way, and not posting any warscrolls means we wouldn’t know which ones are being changed [as opposed to posting some, and not others, so we can go “oh, those are the ones receiving changes”]. 

Or someone made a mistake and forgot to upload the Sylvaneth warscrolls and I’m reading too much into it... I want to see those warscrolls!!! Lol. 

Edit: And to be clear, I mean if you go to the product page and click on the warscrolls for Sylvaneth units, it fails, but the gits have their warscrolls there. I don’t mean in the specific units’ pages. 

Edited by Fyrm
  • Like 1

As much as I like the revenant hero, I have enough painting to do eight now for aos and 40k so I've split a box with someone from the local club for the Gitz half. They add just what I need to my current collection to form a solid army core. 

1 hour ago, Fyrm said:

I find it curious that they’re hiding all of the Sylvaneth warscrolls from it. Even for the models that already exist. Definitely indicative of changes on the way, and not posting any warscrolls means we wouldn’t know which ones are being changed [as opposed to posting some, and not others, so we can go “oh, those are the ones receiving changes”]. 

Or it indicates zero changes and prefer to keep people blind about it.

/tinfoil hat off 

:_D

You can see the Kurnoth hunter warscroll in the image and it looks the same with as the current ones. You can at least clearly see 2 attacks for bows not 3 like some rumors were suggesting. 
Envoys of the Everqueen rule is now wholly within 12" not measure range from this unit like previously so it certainly looks like the new scrolls. 
Also there's individual scrolls for each weapon type now not all on the one scroll. 
Oh and they gained the "Free Spirits" keyword
Everything else looks the same

We'll see it all on Saturday though. They don't like releasing things without rules so as soon as people have stuff in hand, the rules will be up. 

The new warscrolls are up on the app. For some reason, all the updated units have gained keywords for battalions. Tree-Revenants have Household, Arch-Revenant and new bow Hunters have Free Spirits, and Ylthari (and Guardians) have Oakenbrow.

56 minutes ago, Kaylethia said:

For some reason, all the updated units have gained keywords for battalions

My guess is that rather than the existing battalions the new BT will give all the models 1 of 3/4 keywords (using a couple of the old battalion names, Oakenbrow etc) with different key models ‘leading’ each of these sub-factions (like how all the new BTs operate, so Gloomspite has Moonclan, Spiderfang, Troggoths, FEC have different courts, Skaven have different clans etc etc).

So I could imagine say spite-revenants getting, for example, the Dreadwood keyword. And then if someone like Drycha or a Branchwych is general they’re battle-line with certain allegiance abilities.

Maybe a Treelord Ancient as an Oxenbrow (or whatever) general who allows you to take Tree-Revenants as battleline again with certain allegiance abilities.

Durthu as a Free Spirits, again or whatever, general that gets you Kurnoth Hunters as battleline etc etc etc etc. (Though this is where I’d like to see an actual Kurnoth model to lead them but let’s see). 

Then Alarielle kind of floats atop the whole structure. I mean this is all just speculation, going on my own guesses and what seems like the most obvious answer anyway (so probably wrong!)

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1

Looks like my FLGS is only getting one copy, despite three different people pre-ordering it.  I'm lucky that I was the first to pre-order so I'll get the one copy, but a bit disappointed that I won't get two boxes like I wanted.

How can GW possibly be underestimating the demand by this much again and again?

5 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I expect that there will be a new battletome soon and the battalions will be heavily changed.

As much as I hope not, I suspect that will be the case. Which makes me nervous to build the models that have choices of which unit they can be. 

I suppose I’ll just have to build the ones that don’t have any choices, and save the rest for after we start seeing the new battalions. Fortunately I have other stuff to play while I wait, but I did kinda rather wish to start playing them as an actual army.