Looncurse - GW's Plants vs Fungi

5 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Perhaps they allocated fewer of them to distribution through the website or retailers and held back more for Warhammer stores?

They most likely only allotted a certain amount to website distribution (by region) and those sold out online during the pre-order.  With Warhammer Stores they dictate how many copies each store gets rather than using manager stock requests.  And with FLGS stores they most likely allotted a specific amount and then gave them to stores based on first-come-first-serve for orders.  This is not untypical for retail distribution with limited stock run items.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, EccentricCircle said:

Yeah, building that many at once was very entertaining! I've got the old Mangler Squigs, and Squig hoppers already, among some other gobliny bits, which I reckon I can now make a 2000 point army out of!

That's fantastic!  I picked up Looncurse for the squigs as well, although, I think I will need to get a few more.  I have some grots and a few other units around, but I still need to figure out what I want so that I can reach that 2k point army.  I wouldn't mind playing a 1k game just to figure out the maneuverability of the squigs and what they can accomplish before I make a larger model purchase.

1 minute ago, the_master288 said:

That's fantastic!  I picked up Looncurse for the squigs as well, although, I think I will need to get a few more.  I have some grots and a few other units around, but I still need to figure out what I want so that I can reach that 2k point army.  I wouldn't mind playing a 1k game just to figure out the maneuverability of the squigs and what they can accomplish before I make a larger model purchase.

Well, you can never have enough squigs... that's just not possible! I think I now have thirty once I add these to my older ones, but I kind of want to get another of the new plastic sets just to be able to build all of the herders, they are awesome designs!
I was quite keen on the Sylvaneth side of the box too though truth be told. Until they released this and the shadespire band I had everything except Alarielle (who I now won't be getting for a while...). I'm keen to build up the last few weapon options on the revanants, and try out that side of the box as well.

I definitely didn't need another big army project, and won't be getting any more warhammer for a while, but it should be an entertaining next few months of painting!

3 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Well, you can never have enough squigs... that's just not possible! I think I now have thirty once I add these to my older ones, but I kind of want to get another of the new plastic sets just to be able to build all of the herders, they are awesome designs!
I was quite keen on the Sylvaneth side of the box too though truth be told. Until they released this and the shadespire band I had everything except Alarielle (who I now won't be getting for a while...). I'm keen to build up the last few weapon options on the revanants, and try out that side of the box as well.

I definitely didn't need another big army project, and won't be getting any more warhammer for a while, but it should be an entertaining next few months of painting!

That's awesome!!  I agree though, that you can't have enough squigs, might need to get some more of those, haha.

Good luck in your painting endeavors!  Don't worry, the Everqueen will be there when the time is right.

• Like 1