Looncurse - GW's Plants vs Fungi

3 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

These are not pre-orders, they are pre-sales.  GW does not announce that the products exist, or make pre-orders available far enough out for them to be able to determine what the demand is and order a product run to meet that demand.  They have been bitten in the past with large product runs that they had trouble getting rid of (GorkaMorka - pains me to say that) that they are probably erring on the side of caution and making smaller runs for these 1-time things.

They could change this and allow themselves to better gauge what the market for various products is - but that would probably require them to significantly change how they currently operate.  They might eventually do that - or maybe not.  

You say they aren't Pre-Orders, however, they're literally listed on their website as Pre-Orders.  Again, I understand the fact that they don't want to be burdened with excess product that isn't moving, however, they really do need to gauge their market better.  If GW isn't going to actually use their platform for Pre-Orders, don't falsely list it as a Pre-Order.   The should list it as a Pre-Purchase or something of the sort to indicate that they have a set amount of stock and that they aren't willing to produce more based on demand.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, the_master288 said:

You say they aren't Pre-Orders, however, they're literally listed on their website as Pre-Orders.  Again, I understand the fact that they don't want to be burdened with excess product that isn't moving, however, they really do need to gauge their market better.  If GW isn't going to actually use their platform for Pre-Orders, don't falsely list it as a Pre-Order.   The should list it as a Pre-Purchase or something of the sort to indicate that they have a set amount of stock and that they aren't willing to produce more based on demand.

I don't disagree.

• Like 1

I'm SUPER MAD at GW.

Pre ordered mine less then 24h after preorder open , I've just been informed that I won't get it.

What's wrong with GW??? What is this fockin major ****** way of taking care of your customers GW?  Out of stock BEFORE release day? Come on!!!

☠️:S>:(grrrrrrrrrr

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm SUPER MAD at GW.

Pre ordered mine less then 24h after preorder open , I've just been informed that I won't get it.

What's wrong with GW??? What is this fockin major ****** way of taking care of your customers GW?  Out of stock BEFORE release day? Come on!!!

Did you preorder through GW online or another store ?

Because FLGS around the world apparently got loads of boxes...

LooncursePile2.jpg.0bb63e3164e646db97a3293f46a83f43.jpg

Walked down to my local store this lunchtime and grabbed a copy off the shelf, they had quite a few in it seemed.

oh one thing I just noticed flicking through the booklet with the box, the Sylvaneth Arch-Revenant is actually female.

I just mention it as I’m sure people were talking about how it was a male character in contrast to nearly all the other Sylvaneth heroes.

Edited by JPjr

A big UK reseller (one of the very main).

It is OUT of STOCK at GW online around the world. (well, at least france europe UK)

I don't have the opportunity to pay full price + the journey ( gas=7eur, city parking 4eur+ and metro 3.5eur) , to get one or more box. No WAY ! First time that happens.

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm SUPER MAD at GW.

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

A big UK reseller (one of the very main).

It is OUT of STOCK at GW online around the world. (well, at least france europe UK)

I don't have the opportunity to pay full price + the journey ( gas=7eur, city parking 4eur+ and metro 3.5eur) , to get one or more box. No WAY ! First time that happens.

I can't even believe this.  It's one thing for GW to do a limited "Pre-Order" or "Pre-Sale" or whatever they are doing on their store, but for them to not even ship out an order that they accepted, it's absolutely ridiculous.  I would definitely keep looking around online and see if you can get one shipped out this week from elsewhere.  Sorry that you've had to deal with GW's incompetence first hand and being told on "release day" that you aren't getting it is absolutely crushing. 

• Thanks 1

Availability issues aside, this is a really good set now that I have had a chance to open mine.  This is the first time I have purchased one of these sets aside from Souls Wars.  I really like the slim core rules book they put in here.  I figured it would just be the main game rules and nothing else, but they added the rules for  battleplans, warscrolls, battalions, realms, allegiances, etc.  That is nice because it makes this small book a much handier reference to use during a game rather than needing the big book.

The lore in the Looncurse book is very good also.  It fleshes out more about Gloomspite that is not contained in that battletome and gives more background on Skragrott.  There is more good stuff in this set than just the models and the discounts.

Too bad they seem to have greatly underestimated demand on this one.

On 5/9/2019 at 7:41 PM, Artobans Ghost said:

Strangely enough, I called the manager at the local GW and she said 3 were arriving and if I walked thru the door at noon, one of those beasties would be mine 😺

For all assassins out there would like to see my head mounted on a wall, you know where I’ll be at noon Saturday 🔪☠️

Yaaaay! Looncurse! 

Have. 

All is good in the world 

I know this is mostly a thread about how people can't get boxes, but having read through the rules for the scenarios and board rules, I'm actually kind of confused as to how to the Sylvaneth forces stand a chance for any of the scenarios. The force has much fewer wounds to play with, and much fewer targets to focus, and the Grots have mobility and pretty significant mortal wounds potential. Also, the rules for underground battles and specific scenario rules have lots of ways to generate mortal wounds, along with the MW the Grot squig riders can generate. I'm just not seeing how the sylvaneth force, at 30 wounds, half of which is in 3 models, can possibly survive any of the scenarios in the book.

I imagine it helps to ignore Battleshock, but also that most of the Gitz have random moving, probably giving the Sylvaneth a pretty okay advantage. I know in a few scenarios, overcoming the amount of wounds available probably won't be TOO challenging, but it does seem like the Sylvaneth are on the backfoot for the most part.

Yeah! I don't think I'm going to play it (I have other plans for the assembly options), but for an afternoon it could be a great way to step up larger actions in the narrative down the line. There's a map and a ton of fluff included, so it's at least a nice start for something like that.

i was lucky to receive two 'pre-ordered' looncurse boxes. I unpacked everything and stacked the sprue into boxes, when I realized one box misses a set of revenants. I do remember that one box appeared comparatively full, but i did not consider that problematic at that happy unboxing moment... I will call the customer service tomorrow morning – fingers crossed. Anyone else with a similar problem? It seems super unlikely, but here i am with three revenant sprues...

this image certainly is no hard proof, but maybe i am missing (huh) something? 😬

IMG_5902.JPG

• Sad 1

I was just reading about the protoaxite fossils and in it's time period (like 400 million years ago) it was a giant 25 foot tall mushroom that towered over the lowly plants of the time.  Maybe they're mad about the plants overtaking them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DINOSTAR said:

I was just reading about the protoaxite fossils and in it's time period (like 400 million years ago) it was a giant 25 foot tall mushroom that towered over the lowly plants of the time.  Maybe they're mad about the plants overtaking them.

Just like how Sylvaneth are angry at all the oxygen breathers for showing up and ****** up their plant-based world... I dig it.

• Like 1

I was moaning about the mushroom-toe connection earlier but I think I got something working that I like. Still needs a little tidying up on the end of the mushroom. 

5F006845-6A7B-44C4-8205-5A2B782010E9.jpeg.0f5721320a5aae8fa5848cce3c5d4ac5.jpeg

0AA7A67F-4D5D-48CB-94A4-3FE488894649.jpeg.3512ece707be9ca99aab3b2bec75169f.jpeg

Should probably just be grateful I got a copy. 

Edited by Lord Panther
  • Haha 1