Mollog's Mob in Warhammer Quest?

MacDuff

Has anybody thought about how to convert this fungus gang to WQ in AOS?  I'd like to add this band in SOH as a wandering monster band. In fact, are there any thoughts on rules for all the Nightvault bands? They're great models and crying out for community or WD rules to tide us over until they redesign WQ along Blackstone Fortress lines.

Edited by MacDuff

Hey, i had the same thought last week when i orderd a copy of the new kharadron Warband. Some kind of fluff like "you stumble over a group of duradin pirates, rivals of your black fleet ark master, who want to take revenge for the other killed pirate leaders (from the intro)".

I did not have much time to think about exact rules yet, but for Mollog's Mob one possibility is to do something like: when the group is searching a specific room they open a magical portal, if they enter it, they find them selfs in a cave with "the boss".

Using WHQ:Tiles for the cave like this: cave tile

I like your idea about the "wandering monster". Maybe something like: (as GM you see the dungeon plan) the monster starts  in the last room of the dungeon and after every hero phase you role a D6. 
odd number: monster stays in the room.
even numer: move to next room 
(if there are more possibilities: 1 and 6 = stay;  2 = north; 3 = south....)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 6:50 AM, MacDuff said:

Does anybody have a formula for converting AOS stats to WQ? 

There isn’t a formula. 😉

Best thing to do is pick the closest existing Adversary, then work from there.

When I’ve done a load of houserules for Adversaries in the past, I’ve compared how GW have translated the AoS Warscrolls across to their respective Adversary cards (what’s the same, what’s different, formatting and syntax of rules wording etc...)

It’s hard to explain but looking across like this you can start to pick up how GW have done theirs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 7:02 PM, Circus of Paint said:

There isn’t a formula. 😉

Best thing to do is pick the closest existing Adversary, then work from there.

When I’ve done a load of houserules for Adversaries in the past, I’ve compared how GW have translated the AoS Warscrolls across to their respective Adversary cards (what’s the same, what’s different, formatting and syntax of rules wording etc...)

It’s hard to explain but looking across like this you can start to pick up how GW have done theirs.

I'd love to see an example of one of the scrolls you have converted into WQ. Trying to do the same for some destruction units but have defaulted to just using the grot scuttlings stats for moonclan but really want to run troggoths too.

14 hours ago, Zaniel said:

I'd love to see an example of one of the scrolls you have converted into WQ. Trying to do the same for some destruction units but have defaulted to just using the grot scuttlings stats for moonclan but really want to run troggoths too.

You might have to go back a page or two, but look for a thread on this WHQ board called "Custom Exotic Adversaries" or something along those lines. They haven't been updated in a while, but hopefully should give you some ideas!

• Like 1