Is enough enough?

Rodiger

On 4/21/2019 at 6:26 AM, Tropical Ghost General said:

literally the slowest warband in the game

Chosen Axes would like to speak with you.

@paul7926

I get where you are coming from with Cedric and Sally, but there is a third distinct type that's not really on the spectrum between the other two.  It's more like both, and that leads to a bad spot. We'll call this person Joe (wonder why?).

Joe loves the game from a balance/competitive/mechanics/duration standpoint.

He loves the models from a hobby/experimentation/art is fun! standpoint.

He enthusiastically buys everything that comes out and lovingly paints it all (even going so far as to model the blocked hexes as 3D terrain). He really is getting into drawing upon his decades long love of the GW hobby and finally having a GW game that pays attention to balance and competition.

All of Joe's mates prefer to play the game using only the current rules, which, at the moment, means everything that's acceptable by FAQ and BAR.

If the models get rotated, Joe will never play with them again because he will have neither tournament nor casual opponents that let him use them. Rotation is Underworlds death for Joe.

As to if enough is enough, Joe says heck no!  Keep it coming forever. Then again, Joe buys every AoS army, many 40K armies, many Kill Teams, all the Blood Bowl teams, and more.  Joe has an illness. :)

Edited by Sleboda
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Chosen Axes would like to speak with you.

I'd love to chat but it might take me a while to get over to you, being so slow and all 😂.

So while deciding to be unsure on whether to carry on or not, I picked up the last 2 warbands today to complete season 2. I'm definitely holding off on season 3 until I see what new mechanics they bring in, etc...

In the mean time I'm going to try the impossible, and figure out a set of balanced decks (not going for OP tournament winning decks) for all 16 warbands, in the aim to make it a pure pick up and play game if friends come over who have no interest in the hobby. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 8:20 PM, Tropical Ghost General said:

In the mean time I'm going to try the impossible, and figure out a set of balanced decks (not going for OP tournament winning decks) for all 16 warbands, in the aim to make it a pure pick up and play game if friends come over who have no interest in the hobby. 

Definitely interested to see those decks once you're done!