Always Posts First

Mephisto

@Joseph Mackay

Don't feel guilty about playing the army you like. Enjoy your time in the sun.  It won't last forever. People always complain about whatever is on top of the meta, whether it was kunnin ruck, tzeentch,  vanguard wing, Dok or LoN.

There are only really two things that put FEC over the top, the gristlegore savage strike and the super cheap archregent. If GW adjust these in the next FAQ, FEC will be a nicely competitive army without being op. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

i started Flesh-Eater Courts with Carrion Empire. over the past year id had the chance to borrow a friends army every now and then and always enjoyed playing with them, even if underpowered at the time. so when the dual box was announced i decided to start my own army.

i played two games, TWO! before i stopped playing them because the constand complaining about them being op sucked all the fun out of playing them. i put more effort into painting them than any of my other armies and now i cant use them.

i want to address the Feeding Frenzy issue. everyone complains about it, but you have to remember what that rule used to do. previously, if you completely wiped out a UNIT in combat, on a roll of 6 you could pile in and attack again. not only is that roll unlikely, but you were also unlikely to be able to kill a unit and still have a unit within 3" to pile-in towards anyway. the old rule NEVER worked (at least in mine and my friends experince). the rule is now useful and costs Command Points to use (a resource we also need to use for our Summoning-Throne notwithstanding). flesh eaters were an incredibly weak army but could summon hordes of extra units (which you had to pay points for pre-aos2). theyre now on an even footing with the other 2.0 books, but as a previously unseen faction (as almost nobody played them) theyre now considered op. always fight first is ONLY on the general, so its only 1 unit doing it

Well, your opponents need to man up, you also seems to underestimate AoS2 tome 1 FEC, they were good. 
And Savage Strike is really that amazing and it's not only because you can attack with him first, it's because it gives you an opportunity to attack with TGs 4 times before opponent have a chance to retaliate, they also need to screen 6.1" between  fronts of units so a TG won't reach with it's Maw due to second activation but your base will fit in these gap, so it's a lose-lose situation for them.
I really don't want to see Savage Strike nerfed, because it is possible to counter, but it will be nerfed regardless

4 hours ago, XReN said:

Well, your opponents need to man up, you also seems to underestimate AoS2 tome 1 FEC, they were good. 
And Savage Strike is really that amazing and it's not only because you can attack with him first, it's because it gives you an opportunity to attack with TGs 4 times before opponent have a chance to retaliate, they also need to screen 6.1" between  fronts of units so a TG won't reach with it's Maw due to second activation but your base will fit in these gap, so it's a lose-lose situation for them.
I really don't want to see Savage Strike nerfed, because it is possible to counter, but it will be nerfed regardless

how is a Terrorgheist attacking 4 times before your oppenent? each unit can only be affected by Feeding Frenzy once per phase. best case scenario is you can get 2 attacking twice each in your own turn only (assuming Savage Strike doesnt count as you picking a unit to activate, which seems to be the case). it also costs command points to do