Thread of Army Dreams

I've always wanted to do an army of possessed toys; evil, misfit, oversized toys come to life.  Demon-possessed Teddy Bears, evil Alphabet Block Mimics, and so on. I'd love to have the time to work on sculpting an entire force of one-off miniatures for it.

I'd run them as Gloomspite Gitz, from a rules perspective. Bouncing hordes of dice and boardgame pieces come to life, with like snarling toothy mouths, used as squigs. Huge lumbering moldy teddy bears as Troggoths. Balls and sports-themed toys as Mangler Squigs, and so on....

I started sculpting some pieces for this army a few years back, actually, but ran out of steam. 

11 hours ago, BalborBullguts said:

One of my projects which I'm struggling with is inspired by Man O' War; Corsair 

Oh heck yea man! I'm still playing that game despite the absolute sandpaper roughness of the mechanics, graphics and quests. I don't know it's abandoned but this game is scratching that Pirate itch I got, and in truth it is helping me build ideas for the armies I posted above. This and the kickstart of "The pirates of Panama" audiobook I listened too really got this all tumbling in my head.

in fact I want to write some rules for ships as well... seems we're going to be having a nice pirate mountain of shiny rules!

4 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Oh heck yea man! I'm still playing that game despite the absolute sandpaper roughness of the mechanics, graphics and quests. I don't know it's abandoned but this game is scratching that Pirate itch I got, and in truth it is helping me build ideas for the armies I posted above. This and the kickstart of "The pirates of Panama" audiobook I listened too really got this all tumbling in my head.

in fact I want to write some rules for ships as well... seems we're going to be having a nice pirate mountain of shiny rules!

Well you already know that there is a pirate thread on this site where you can post those ideas(The Golden Abacus for everybody who doesn't know).

Just now, TheR00zle said:

Well you already know that there is a pirate thread on this site where you can post those ideas(The Golden Abacus for everybody who doesn't know).

I think I already did here, but I will repost those ideas (and post something soon when I find the time from university)

1 minute ago, Acid_Nine said:

I think I already did here, but I will repost those ideas (and post something soon when I find the time from university)

I'll go check, and I hear you man,I know high school definitely doesn't compare to college  but it's similar during junior year(the year I'm in now).

Oh wow, the absolute imagination of you beautiful people.

Time for round two from me though. This time with Destruction armies. I can’t imagine I’ll get round to these ever because I have already started a 2000 point Gutbuster army.

I had planned on doing a Beastclaw Raider army with a Christmas theme. It would be lead by Father Festag (frost lord) and Missus Klaws (huskard). The army would be nothing special, just an exercise in moulding fur out of green stuff. The beasts would be themed around rain deer with big red noses and some grots would represent the elves.  I just like the idea of a great big ogur delivering presents to the good people of the Mortal Realms and eating the rest.

I was also thumbing around with the idea of a Bonesplitter army from Chamon. They would be painted gold with green tattoos and many would have minor conversions to give them new shiny weapons. They would be lead by their prophet Badazar Git, another little conversion that would replace the prophets mask.

A japanese-themed khorne army. Replace the axes by katanas, change slightly the pauldron to make those more samurai-like. Add those badass sashimono in the back of everyone. Then writing a cool lore about how those guy took mastering the art of killing, warfare and honor a little too far !

I've always wanted a seven deadly sins themed slaanesh army. Somehow excess always seems sexualish in Warhammer while other excessess like wrath or gluttony get taken by other gods...

I've also dreamed of a starry sky painted nighthaunt army but just am not excited enough about the nighthaunt horde style to want to actually play the army even if I painted it. I'm hoping for a mistweaver saih inspired dark elves to use my dreamed of starry sky paints on...

Archived