The Big Community Survey 2019

Here are my votes:
- Leave the double tun alone!
- Don't roll for the first turn, leave it as it is (whoever finishes first can choos who plays first)
- Make 40K as interesting as AoS (because the latest edition of 40K managed to kill everything that's cool about the game)
- Give us warscroll cards together with the models, but not as part of the instructions manual, but as a nice, full-colour cards
- More Sylvaneth, of course.

Edited by Painbringer
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

This was a huge survey.

They really wanted to know each bit of Hobby. Loved it to be honest.

The things i wished from games workshop were not new armies or updates or stuff because i think this is going to be the case later or sooner anyway.

What i really  wish for are free digital rules when purchasing physical ones. When i have a Gloomspite Gitz Battletome and want to build a list on the app i need to spent another 25$ or so to have access to it? I would love to get the digital copies - wether as ebook or in WH AoS App - for free or at least at heavy discount if i have the physical one.

The other thing is Azyr: You have to pay 1$/month to have the online warscroll builder which is free? Why not making it for example an 10$/month subscription but -  similiar to netflix and co. - give you access to all digital full battletomes as long as you have subscribed. The service is quite obsolete right now as long as army builder exists.

Edited by DerZauberer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, novakai said:

So what did people suggest for new Warhammer underworld warbands, I voted for Ogors or Seraphon

I voted for Dispossessed but Ogors would be another great warband that I would probably buy.

Edited by Mungrun
  • Like 2

I asked for a reduction in the price of Digital Battletomes (as is, their drop isnt enough. A £5 difference is a bit ridiculous when ordinary books can drop from 20 to 7) and a return of the 8th ed Tomb King plastics in some form or another. Their lovely models and its a waste of a good mould.

• LOVE IT! 1

Hitches up gutplate

I was really angling for plastic cast tyrants, a gutbusters battletome (there seems to be some pretty big rivalry over who gets the next one!), the ability to give my gutbusters a tyrant mounted on a mournfang because it would look cool..

Over all I feel like this is a "write a letter to santa claus" sort of situation, but I sure hope mine gets considered haha

2yp8ga.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I suggested underworlds warbands that aren't tied ti existing factions. Its a great opportunity to expand the world beyond the stuff you get in large armies. They could make civilian adventurers, strange monsters etc. i stead everything is more or less just a variant of something already found in the wargame.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DerZauberer said:

This was a huge survey.

They really wanted to know each bit of Hobby. Loved it to be honest.

The things i wished from games workshop were not new armies or updates or stuff because i think this is going to be the case later or sooner anyway.

What i really  wish for are free digital rules when purchasing physical ones. When i have a Gloomspite Gitz Battletome and want to build a list on the app i need to spent another 25$ or so to have access to it? I would love to get the digital copies - wether as ebook or in WH AoS App - for free or at least at heavy discount if i have the physical one.

The other thing is Azyr: You have to pay 1$/month to have the online warscroll builder which is free? Why not making it for example an 10$/month subscription but -  similiar to netflix and co. - give you access to all digital full battletomes as long as you have subscribed. The service is quite obsolete right now as long as army builder exists.

I did say the exact same Thing.

I would love to have a digital copy of the Book as part of the physical one.

• Like 1

I voted to
NOT remove double turn
Give us better rules for movement and clearer wordings across the board
Digital Battletome coming with physical one
And I know, it's a bit much, but I want GW stores to open in Russia, it really sucks to see 150$ asked for Leena Stormspire on Ebay
Also FEC warband for WU

Edited by XReN
  • Like 1

I also asked for some way to update battletomes - I mean the tzeentch one is riddled with errata to the point of it being somewhat useless.

Obviously I wished for updated (Tzeentchian) Chaos Warriors (I'd also be content with a plastic Curseling (hopefully true to the kickass metal version of Vilitch) and a Fatemaster) and in general more vanilla terrain - movement-restricting (but not LOS blocking) stuff like swamps (we got lots of terrain that works against shooting but none that works against melee) for example or at least to bring back terrain and painting masterclasses (Duncan, Peachy and the new guy are cool and all and I really enjoy watching the vids (they're doing a great job) but most of their stuff is aimed at beginners and I would like to see more advanced tutorials too).

TBH I forgot about mentioning Tomb Kings but I asked for some factions like Ironjawz or Fireslayers to get more units and be fleshed out in that regard. 

In regards to Blackstone Fortress I mentioned that I'd like to see more obscure stuff (maybe Hrud?).

I was against the double turn. I like going A/B/A/B/...

There were so many questions I probably forgot half of what I've written in there yesterday... 

• Like 1

I find it interesting that so many voted against the double turn. I think it is a key aspect of the game and a possible removal to the old igougo will be a step backwards imo. 

I voted for more death warbands in WU like Fec and Soulblight and more campaign books in the vein of the Realmgate Wars. Those books were great! 

• Like 2

I find it interesting that so many voted against the double turn. I think it is a key aspect of the game and a possible removal to the old igougo will be a step backwards imo. 

Thats because the double turn is a monumental negative game play experience for a lot of people, and going backwards is preferred by some over an experience that is negatively fun.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I didn't expect to be asked some of the question that came up, but found that a lot of them didn't really give space to actually justify or explain your answers. I understand that they can only do so much data analysis, and actually reading comments is much harder than having a computer analyse the yes/no results but still. For example I ticked that they should update points etc less frequently, only when they change edition. I kind of think that, but it loses all the nuance of my attidues on GW updates.

What I actually think is that they shouldn't publish a book, and then two weeks later release a vast errata document that changes lots of stuff. What they really need is a more thorough playtesting process. I'm all for them doing an open playtest, since the community at large is the most valuable tools for testing a ruleset to destruction and finding all the bugs and combos. However, if what they want is for us to playtest their rules for them before releasing a more definite set then that's what they should do. They should release a free version of the rules at the start, let everyone play with it and then release the actual battle tome six months later. That way the actual expensive book is the definite version, not the printout of a low quality pdf.

There was no option to easily tell them that though...

1 minute ago, EccentricCircle said:

I ticked that they should update points etc less frequently, only when they change edition.

Why on earth would anyone want this? Some battletomes just get to dominate for a year while others are unplayabla. We need updates every 6 months.

In the case of updating them only every change of edition you would have battletomes dominating for YEARS.  I hear thats exactly how it was in previous editions.

The plus side would be that at least I wouldn't have to change my tournament army out every year, I could use the same force for years since any undercosted units would remain that way for a long long time.

Edited by Dead Scribe