Best Age of Sigmar podcasts?

Legends of the painty men have me in tears at least once an episode. But not much to offer hobby/competitive wise. 

Just Saying is the best competitive focused podcast. 

Miniatures Monthly: Crate and crowbar is a GREAT overall podcast. Excellent/superb sound quality.

My favorite NEW podcast is Wide World or Wargaming. The competitive focus is spot on, with a great blend of hobby talk, warscroll spotlights, GREAT sound quality and honest/candid opinions. Nice weekly (fridays) bite sized (1 hour) episodes. They also do 40k and X-wing. https://wwwargaming.podbean.com/

Garagehammer I find to be the absolute worst. Alex annoys me, and it sounds as if he is recording from inside of a refrigerator. The battletome reviews are slow and tedious.  

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 3

On 4/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, The odd one said:

I'd *honestly* not bother with the honest Wargamer.

It's like a cult and his main way of generating discussion is complaining, sh*t stirring, making wild accusations and generally being a douche to gw cos of his chip on his shoulder. *Shrug*

A brand new account made just to slag off Rufio 😂

He's always happy to back up the comments he makes, and has cohosts that regularly disagree with a point. 

What he isn't afraid to do it call out poor practice. And it's doing well, since his audience has got him to Australia and the US. One of the nicest people in the hobby, and a good antidote to essentially the same group of mates determined to have the same clique that existed in WHFB. 

Stick to the official channels (but watch out, as the product lead is currently telling people the wrong rules, and not even having the decency to apologise to the people that bought models after his comments) if you don't want discussion

Edited by Thebiggesthat
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Thebiggesthat said:

A brand new account made just to slag off Rufio 😂

He's always happy to back up the comments he makes, and has cohosts that regularly disagree with a point. 

What he isn't afraid to do it call out poor practice. And it's doing well, since his audience has got him to Australia and the US. One of the nicest people in the hobby, and a good antidote to essentially the same group of mates determined to have the same clique that existed in WHFB. 

Stick to the official channels (but watch out, as the product lead is currently telling people the wrong rules, and not even having the decency to apologise to the people that bought models after his comments) if you don't want discussion

Just a long time lurker.

Unfortunately I needed to finally make an account to speak up.

While I admit the "establishment" can be a bit cliquey the unfortunate thing is that the honest Wargammer show has some really good ideas and some really good hosts...but it is all tainted by an ex employee with a grudge. Add to this that he bad mouths members of the community without even bothering to fact check. And you end up with a good show that is totally ruined by its main host and makes it somewhat gringy to watch.

I have no love for gw practices on a lot of occasions. But just because some one calls them out, doesn't make that someone some kind of people's champion when thier also at the same time slagging off perfectly fine members of the community for trying to make it a better community. It just makes them another a$$ hole that happens to call a foul a foul some times ...which other pod casts (whw )easily manage to do with out being a$$ hats

Well I'm not sure who that guy is talking about. 

But from my own experience being called out on stream for sports votes rigging at heat 1 without bothering to ask my side of things would certainly count and I wasn't best pleased,I stopped watching after that so I'm not sure but also not surprised if it's happened to others 🤔

• Like 2

Yeah I'm not hearing it. He was joking about making money from sports votes, and your expense. Nothing malicious, just playing on the fact you have traditionally been a super competitive player and not someone that has ever scored highly in the sports 😂

He then jokes about he would never accept money, then winks to the camera to say 'yeah I would'. 

You sure there isn't something else here?

Edited by Thebiggesthat

*Shameless plug time*

I'm a co-host on a Warhammer podcast called Realm & Ruin (https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/realm-ruin/id1352721443?mt=2)

We cover both AoS and 40k (about 50/50) but we focus on lore rather than competitive play, and we've been going for just over a year and have built a lovely little community, so check us out if you're interested 😁

• Like 2

I listen to Facehammer, Moarhammer, JustSaying, Legends of the painty men, Heralds of War & Stormcast. Facehammer, Moarhammer, Just Saying all do very insightful casts on lists, rundowns on tomes, events etc. Heralds are a easy going podcast who give a great insight into the australlian meta, Stormcast is done with Wade and gives a really cool insight into a lot of the staff at GW & legends of the painty men is a comedy cast about AoS and is just pure joy.

Some of the above are great. I’m really happy with ‘The Mortal Realms’ right now. It’s the best narrative focussed podcast in my mind. (Don’t think an ongoing story but book reviews, what do campaigns do for the story and event tips and tricks)