Old...old player..terrible painter/model maker

Bearded__ninja

Hey names Richard.

So every so often..i get this itch..this urge to play warhammer..and well its just that time i'm craving the tabletop
i played..many many years ago when i was but a wee boy & i loved it but then came the time for painting & my heart got crushed
(i'd previously bought a painted army) from a friend but after a couple of years it needed upgrading/adding to & thats where it all fell apart..i just really lack the patience to paint the few attempts i've had ended meh at best and it puts me off playing at clubs

Anyhow new year..new attempt at getting an army together i did a bit of googling & found some cool make a chapter
(yeah i'm playing safe & picking space marines) a blood angel varient..in colour scheme yeah i'm going waay out of my comfort zone when it comes to the painting of this army

Anyhow i've waffled enough hope to make some acquaintances

Cya

13 hours ago, peasant said:

Well, painting is a technique everybody van learn. My top advice is you look for lessons, dont invent the wheel for yourself.

At the moment i'm just sat watching youtube videos on painting,while i build a list of paints & things i need to get me going.

yeeah the main colour..i'm going for isnt typical for blood angels
but thats what i get for wanting to be a unique snowflake haha

The "How to paint" tutorials on Warhammer TV are a good place to start for beginners; very simple processes that are good building blocks for improving and introducing new techniques over time.  It's also true that some armies are easier to paint to a decent standard than others, so your army choice will have an impact too.  I wish you luck on your journey to painting happiness.

If you're like me you will also find you are ridiculously more proficient at painting a specific army as opposed to your first attempts - I discovered I was pretty good at painting my ogres up as opposed to my.. disappointing w40k minis. sigh of regret

With a bit of practice and determination I'm sure you'll do fine though! Just remember it's about having fun!

Enjoy your stay here!

22 hours ago, BalborBullguts said:

If you're like me you will also find you are ridiculously more proficient at painting a specific army as opposed to your first attempts - I discovered I was pretty good at painting my ogres up as opposed to my.. disappointing w40k minis. sigh of regret

With a bit of practice and determination I'm sure you'll do fine though! Just remember it's about having fun!

Enjoy your stay here!

i think my biggest mistake in the past is buying TOO many models in one go..and being overwhelmed by it all
So think i'm going to start with a BA battle box...lord knows what i'mma do with the termie dude lol everywhere i've looked has said he's pretty much useless in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks i'll try

12 hours ago, Bearded__ninja said:

i think my biggest mistake in the past is buying TOO many models in one go..and being overwhelmed by it all

That's basically the ultimate curse of misery. See that a lot. Just go slow, once box at a time, and don't buy another until that previous box is finished. Voila! 

Archived