Slaanesh colour scheme - help!

Zlatan

On 5/19/2019 at 4:16 AM, DavisMMA125 said:

Beautiful ! Love it, my gf is building a army and might have to show her. Can’t wait to see fully painted army. 

Thanks a lot! It’s really nice to get positive feedback. 

I’ve finally completed my first 10 Daemonettes:

And a group shot of the army so far:

BA772768-928A-4638-9384-8E116A1073D0.jpeg

71DBBEF5-3091-41F2-8C2F-250927D8F052.jpeg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

Very nice. The theme is coming together nicely. I think that something on the bases, greens or red to just add a small splash of something might be beneficial.

I love the dark tones for the skin. Makes them unique.  The blue highlights on the KoS and banner really shine for me.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2019 at 3:46 PM, Zlatan said:

Thanks a lot! It’s really nice to get positive feedback. 

I’ve finally completed my first 10 Daemonettes:

And a group shot of the army so far:

BA772768-928A-4638-9384-8E116A1073D0.jpeg

71DBBEF5-3091-41F2-8C2F-250927D8F052.jpeg

Looks so good, how you do skin just black with some grey for highlights ?  Love the skin being dark. She wants teal and dark skin like yours  with pink hair.  And silver armour.  Newer at painting both of us just take time and watch tutorials. 

Edited by DavisMMA125
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DavisMMA125 said:

Looks so good, how you do skin just black with some grey for highlights ?  Love the skin being dark. She wants teal and dark skin like yours  with pink hair.  And silver armour.  Newer at painting both of us just take time and watch tutorials. 

Here’s the recipe for the skin:

(this is over a chaos black spray undercoat)

- Dryad Bark all over

- Druchii Violet Wash all over 

- Dryad Bark again all over, except the recesses

- Mix Gorthor Brown and Dryad Bark (30:70 ratio), and apply over muscles on raised areas.

- Mix Gorthor Brown and Dryad Bark (50:50), again apply to raised areas but only on the very tops of the muscles and the most prominent areas (e.g knees, shoulders, tops of heads), leaving some of the previous mix showing. Think about where the light would hit if shining from above - e.g if a daemonette has a bent leg with a calf muscle facing towards the sky, use this mix on the calf muscle. 

- Apply a final thin line highlight of Gorthor Brown around the very edges (e.g brow-line, along the bridge of the nose, ankle bones etc.).

- if the contrast is too high, blend it out with a final glaze of 50:50 Druchii Violet and Lahmian Medium. 

- Use a final spot-highlight of Cadian Fleshtone very sparingly on any really sharp or prominant edges, or any nipples. 

For the characters I probably included a couple more stages with different ratios of Gorthor Brown and Dryad Bark in the middle. Just play it by ear. 

Here’s a close-up so you can see how much of each highlight layer I’ve used: 

2190D1D6-46AD-4D90-AECD-69FF1FDEA144.jpeg

Edited by Zlatan
  • Like 3

On 5/25/2019 at 3:47 AM, Zlatan said:

Here’s the recipe for the skin:

(this is over a chaos black spray undercoat)

- Dryad Bark all over

- Druchii Violet Wash all over 

- Dryad Bark again all over, except the recesses

- Mix Gorthor Brown and Dryad Bark (30:70 ratio), and apply over muscles on raised areas.

- Mix Gorthor Brown and Dryad Bark (50:50), again apply to raised areas but only on the very tops of the muscles and the most prominent areas (e.g knees, shoulders, tops of heads), leaving some of the previous mix showing. Think about where the light would hit if shining from above - e.g if a daemonette has a bent leg with a calf muscle facing towards the sky, use this mix on the calf muscle. 

- Apply a final thin line highlight of Gorthor Brown around the very edges (e.g brow-line, along the bridge of the nose, ankle bones etc.).

- if the contrast is too high, blend it out with a final glaze of 50:50 Druchii Violet and Lahmian Medium. 

- Use a final spot-highlight of Cadian Fleshtone very sparingly on any really sharp or prominant edges, or any nipples. 

For the characters I probably included a couple more stages with different ratios of Gorthor Brown and Dryad Bark in the middle. Just play it by ear. 

Here’s a close-up so you can see how much of each highlight layer I’ve used: 

2190D1D6-46AD-4D90-AECD-69FF1FDEA144.jpeg

Thank you so much, really appreciate it. Will have to share after girlfriend gets started. Picked up paints and models are in for first 1200 points .

Edited by DavisMMA125

4 hours ago, DavisMMA125 said:

Thank you so much, really appreciate it. Will have to share after girlfriend gets started. Picked up paints and models are in for first 1200 points .

No problem. 😁

let me know how it goes. 

On 6/4/2019 at 12:08 PM, calcysimon said:

I rly love your colors scheme but on a more "chaotic style" base would be perfect on my opinion, purple-blue light colored

Thanks. I’m eventually gonna add something extra to the bases but I’m not sure what yet. I’m looking into getting some pink/purple resin amethyst crystals maybe... 

Here’s the latest addition - The contorted epitome:

FDC4C5E8-50AF-4082-A035-1661424949A9.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Zlatan said:

It’s been slow progress lately but I’ve finally managed to get my Fane done. I’m quite pleased with the green marble effect. 

C096EB00-6108-41F0-A672-3A67CCC155C1.jpeg

As you should be, that looks great! It gives me a flashback to the good old days where Mike McVey did the Emperor vs Horus diorama, and painted the pillars in a similar way. What is your recipe, if I may ask? 

2 hours ago, GuitaRasmus said:

What is your recipe, if I may ask? 

Thank you very much! Here’s the recipe:

Chaos Black undercoat

Sponge on Incubi Darkness (I used a bit of the black sponge that comes with the citadel carry cases, but I guess any sponge will do). Make sure you dab most of the paint off on a tissue first and build it up in successive layers, almost like dry brushing (dry-sponging?). 

Mix 50/50 Incubi Darkness and Ulthuan Grey, and sponge it on in the same way, but more lightly. 

Mix 30/70 Incubi Darkness and Ulthuan Grey, and do it again even more lightly. 

Mix 20/80 Incubi Darkness and Ulthuan Grey and paint on thin random veins with a small brush - as thin as you can. 

Cover with gloss varnish. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 10:49 PM, Tommy said:

Beautiful work, love the base and the shield!

Thanks very much! 

I started work on some Chaos Warriors. Just finished the test model for the scheme. For their armour, I went for a similar dark green to the marble effect I did on the Fane, but once I’d finished I found the overall look too dark and the main points of contrast (the gold accents) drew the eye to weird parts of the model. I’m not sure why because I think black armoured chaos warriors usually look pretty awesome, but for some reason it didn’t quite look right, so I decided to try a stark white helmet to attract attention more to the face area. 

Here’s the test model. Please let me know what you think. 

FDDD450F-A720-47AC-A42B-A02AFA4677F0.jpeg

600630E1-3FE7-429A-81D3-44C08C460DA2.jpeg

Edited by Zlatan
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 7:54 AM, kaaras said:

Nice work. I did something similar for my slaanesh, but used a dark brown (rhinox hide) and shaded up a bit more, using pinks, purples, golds and silvers to highlight. My daemonettes are a deep purple rather than grey for the same reasons as you. There are photos on my plog if you are interested, as I don't have the pics handy. Lovely work you have achieved.

Hi, I'm new here and I dont know how to find the photos on your plog🥴 could you please copy the url or explain how can I find that?😂 I'd love to see that skin tone, I haven found something like that and I think it would look a lot better than pale purple skin.

I love these darker schemes!!

21 hours ago, Wiki said:

Hi, I'm new here and I dont know how to find the photos on your plog🥴 could you please copy the url or explain how can I find that?😂 I'd love to see that skin tone, I haven found something like that and I think it would look a lot better than pale purple skin.

I love these darker schemes!!

I found Kaaras's slaanesh plog. Here it is: