WQ:SoH adding Bossfights and tweak fighting

FireAbend

Hi there,
after a long time i was able to get myself a copy of WQ:SoH.
Currently i read through the manuals to be ready as the GM for the first games night with some friends.

Now my ideas and questions to the veteran GMs out there:

As an ex MMORPG player first thing which comes to my mind was adding "interesting" bossfights cause the adversary part in the manuals sounds a bit boring (group of x acolytes, then group of x reavers, then group of x reavers again).

I own a good number of different Models (Skaven, Khorne, ....) and bought the "chaos adversary pack" which is, if i'm not wrong, also the same thing with group of x blood warriors, tzangoors, ....

My idea was to add to every layer of the dungeon one bossfight (maybe hidden portal in one of the dungeon rooms to not break the GW designed flow?):
Something like on layer 1 a bloodstoker with two reavers as guards. If the players kill one reaver, the bloodstoker becomes "frenzy" and gains extra damage ...
layer 2 a slaughterpriest which leaves a "boiling blood" marker on the field where he hits a player with a prayer so the room is getting smaller ....
Maybe something like a boss which opens a portal, so the players needs to decide how many of them stay in the boss room to fight some adds and how many go through the portal (different room) to fight the boss.

Do you guys think this is possible and could work or is the adversary part in SoH is that good that something like this is unnecessary ?

Another thing i was thinking about adding the ability that heroes and adversaries with two-hand weapons (Lord-Castellant and Reavers with big axes) are able to fight over 2 fields. So the positioning of the models plays a big role.

I know that the balancing will be also a difficult part (hoping that the stats from "chaos adversary pack" is a help).
Some reviews mentioned that the replayability is not that great, so i don't want to destroy the "first" atempt for the playgroup with too much of my own stuff.

Just want to hear your thoughts and opinion. Thanks :)

I think adding home-brew rules to any Warhammer Quest games is the best part!
Bosses could add elements where the players would need to really adapt play  style of the fly.  The adversary cards do include several 'mini bosses' with the Mighty Adversary units. 

That being said and if you haven't already, I would defiantly play through the original campaign first before adding any of your own flavour just to get a better idea of where the bosses could fit and to keep the first play through simple for you and your group. 

Adding this stuff ensures more re-play-ability as well.

Thanks for the answer.
I think it will be a good idea to start the first 1-2 dungeon levels with the GW standard and then see how it could be addepted without breaking it.

I also bought the old White-Dwarfs with the additional adventures/scenarios.
Anyone knows if there is a rule when the players could go in the other three dungeons/scenarios?
I was expecting something like "reach level 2 to be able to go to the temple..." but haven't seen it.
Will this be a problem for the balance of the "main" dungeon if they e.g. decide to play at first all 3 scenarios? (They level up and gain skills)