AoS 2 - Aelves Discussion

Thiagoma

"This year’s General’s Handbook also contains allegiance abilities for several factions, with expanded rules for Ironjawz, Seraphon, Wanderers, Darkling Covens, Free Peoples, Slaves to Darkness and Dispossessed. If you’re looking to make the most of these forces in your games, the book is a must-have."

Maaaaaybe one of the "several factions"? 

It apears that GA rules are also gona be upgraded, so at least in the worst case, fielding High Elves will be less painfull, who knows?

I say that if we're not among the 'several factions', this is good. Factions listed here in GHB are those not recieving a battletome/update soon. It would make no sense to give them new GHB rules and instantly invalidate them.

GW folks have declared they want to give every current faction a battletome in some way, so high elf remnants are unlikely to be squatted. Combined with all the fluff tidbits about Teclis' army, I'd assume that no update in GHB means that we are closer in line for a new battletome than anyone listed here.

Scourge Privateers, Shadowblades and Order Serpentis seem to be losers here, as Covens are getting their update and there's nothing about those two, while we can safely expect most of them to find their way to Malerion's army at some point.

Strange thing about Slaves to Darkness though, weren't people fairly certain they're getting their update relatively soon?

Edited by dekay

So, what do you guys think about our GHB changes?

Dragonlord getting more expensive is, honestly, weird, but with 20 pt discount on dragonblades it should more than even out in Draconis armies. 

The rest seems to be mostly small discounts, always welcome, honestly.

I welcome cheaper Shado Warriors. Still not *good* by any stretch of imagination, but it might be possible to fit them in sometimes.

Still, not much for us in general. Might be a bad thing, might be a signt that battletome is near.

The Dragonlord has an absurd cost. 100+ points and you can put Morathi on the table.

To me the Wonky part is the Swordmasters.

They no longer sell the "new" plastic models. The ones they sell comes in packs of 5 without command. Why mess around with the cost of a unit you pretty much cannot buy?

Also, it says 380 for 40, instead of 30. The fb team didnt change it but i am sure it is a typo.

1 hour ago, dekay said:

Dragonlord getting more expensive is, honestly, weird, but with 20 pt discount on dragonblades it should more than even out in Draconis armies. 

I welcome cheaper Shado Warriors. Still not *good* by any stretch of imagination, but it might be possible to fit them in sometimes.

Still, not much for us in general. Might be a bad thing, might be a signt that battletome is near.

We got a discount on shadow warriors?

5 hours ago, dekay said:

As order list,i used dispossesed,stomcast,fyreslayers and a dragonlord with a archmague on steed from elfs.

For me it is a joke a nerf of 40 points to the dragonlord when now we have units as morathi,skavens verminlords etc that are so much better.

I ran him because i love the model,but for 380 points and no alegiance habilitys i wont run him never more in competitive

5 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

did the archmage go up or down at all? or anything else from the eldritch council?

Nope- only swordmasters changed so the archmage on dragon is still usable which is good. Swordmasters haven't been reduced enough to make them good or even mediocre but they aren't as terrible anymore, at least. I'll take it.

Looking at the Phoenix and Dragonlord nerfs I'm confused, since when has a dragonlord ally been anything but a centrepiece for fluffy lists? Compared to modern behemoths he's not actually very good. He's certainly not 380 good. The mixed order lists that did well 6 months+ ago can't compete with the new wave of armies they've put out. 

Nerfs for stuff that's no longer top table quality (and it wasn't winning even then).

Edited by MrZakalwe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm actually considering selling my army after it's finished in a few days - not that I don't want them, but it might serve as a sufficient sacrifice to summon a new battletome. We all know updates show up mostly after you get rid of your models ; )

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dekay said:

I'm actually considering selling my army after it's finished in a few days - not that I don't want them, but it might serve as a sufficient sacrifice to summon a new battletome. We all know updates show up mostly after you get rid of your models ; )

Thank you for your service-  my WIP mounted archmage thanks you too.N1pVyqa.jpg

Soooo....

Not to be negative but we took 2 major point beats with the Dragonlord and Frostheart Phoenix.

It is been an uphill battle to keep playing with the units i enjoy but this nerfs kinda broke my spirit.

Going to a tournament in 2 weeks, where we are still going to use the 2018 ghb rules. I am taking a Dragonlord a Frost Phoenix and 2 Ballistas.

My 1250 army, where i already pay 160 "tax" battleline, now became 100 pts more expensive. I was not competitive already but could get a win or two, now it became even worse.

Think i will take a breake from AoS until GW let me play the freaking game again. Really upset about it and completly lost the will to finish painting my minis for the event.

Edited by Thiagoma
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Soooo....

Not to be negative but we took 2 major point beats with the Dragonlord and Frostheart Phoenix.

It is been an uphill battle to keep playing with the units i enjoy but this nerfs kinda broke my spirit.

Going to a tournament in 2 weeks where we are gona still use the 2018 ghb. I am taking a Dragonlord a Frost Phoenix and 2 Ballistas.

My 1250 army, where i already pay 160 "tax" battleline, now became 100 pts more expensive. I was not competitive already but could get a win or two. 

Think i will take a brake from AoS until GW let me play the freaking game again. Really upset about it and completly lost the will to finish painting my minis for the event.

Yeah I'm in agreement with you I can basically run my OD list doing number crunching by drooping the endless spell (It went up in points too making my over all list +80 points) but the list already struggled now it just going to fail I think.

apparently (I don't look at chaos stuff) but beastmen took a beating point wise on already struggling factions 2 months before their battle tome dropped. I suspect the dragon and phoenix nerfed a bit due to potentially both being in the upcoming highly hinted Teclis Light aelves.

but i don't want to get mine (or anyone's) hopes too high/low (depending on point of view i suppose)

• Like 1

Now for some positivity:

Did you guys noticed our Battlelines all had a drop in price?

Shadow Warriors, Dragon Blades, Swordmasters, Black Ark Corsairs and the Darkling Covens one (forgot name).

Maybe increasing the behemoths and solidifying Battleline options can be a sign that our BT is close and the changes are to balance future synergies?