AoS 2 - Aelves Discussion

Thiagoma

8 hours ago, Thiagoma said:
Teclis begins to gather armies of his own. He amasses the martial orders of the Realm of Light, and invokes ancient pacts with the spirits of Hysh to bolster his gleaming warhosts for the new era of conflict to come.”

Hummm interesting...

From where did you get this? :o 

18 hours ago, Miyokari said:

I don't really consider Deepkin as Elves that I would want to collect, from their design to lore. DoK isn't my taste gameplay wise.

I realise they don't appeal to everyone, but at least Aelves haven't been totally neglected in AOS.  I quite like the Deepkin, both lore-wise and aesthetically,  but am still hoping for a Wanderers battletome and/or a generalised Aelf battletome.  When AOS started, I branched out from Dark Elves into all Aelfkind, as it opened up the ability to mix them together.  Now, as things have progressed, they just need to be given some certainty with a book of some description and I'll be happy.

• Like 1

As someone who was a dedicated High Elf player and staunch Dark Elf hater, and who basically flipped tables at EoT: Khaine, I can say that HE and DE splitting again would make me inmensely happy and could be the final push to actually try AoS, despite not being a fan of how high fantasy it is (the other being my usual gaming mates being quite vocal about wanting to buy AoS stuff).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Sooo, new GHB on the way. Wonder if they will finally gather our factions or if it will be another let down like the GhB 2018.

Prepare the torches and pitchforks!

Actually considering the rate at which they are pushing out Battletomes it might not be a good year to raise the pitchforks. There's a much higher chance that most armies in AoS will have Battletomes by the end of this year and that could potential include the bulk of the Aelve.s 

• Like 1

Here is a small list i am gona bring to my local small tournament:

Phoenix Temple 1250 pts.

Anointed On Frosty - General, Ignax scales, Master of Defense.

Anointed on Flame Phoenix 

Archmage on horse (ally)

Battlelines

Phoenix Guard x 20

Phoenix Guard x 10

Endless spells

Aethervoid Pendulum

Sufocating gravetide (just to fill points really)

I dont expect to win that much, lots of Meta armies on my area, but i wanted to take the Fire boi for a spin and to use an Endless Spell for the first time.

Any inputs?

If not much changes for us in GHB it's probably a good sign - battletome is probably close. If, on the other hand we do see some major changes that might mean we're to expect a longer wait. So just let's hope no units disappear and we should be ok ; )

On 5/11/2019 at 12:05 PM, dekay said:

If not much changes for us in GHB it's probably a good sign - battletome is probably close. If, on the other hand we do see some major changes that might mean we're to expect a longer wait. So just let's hope no units disappear and we should be ok ; )

Not being able to field a proper army drives me insane.

Well I'd, too, prefer knowing if my army will even exist in near future, but for now we wait ; )

Also, the longer I look at this lion-thing, the more Aelven it looks. The basket-armour on the shoulder makes me think of Wanderers to be exact, the headpiece is more generically aelven.

Edited by dekay

1 hour ago, dekay said:

Well I'd, too, prefer knowing if my army will even exist in near future, but for now we wait ; )

Also, the longer I look at this lion-thing, the more Aelven it looks. The basket-armour on the shoulder makes me think of Wanderers to be exact, the headpiece is more generically aelven.

If it is  a new Stormcast chamber i will lose my s$%#!

😂

So, i was watching Vince Venturella video on Warhammer festival and there was some bits of information that are nice to us:

Gw was questioned about suport of factions and Battletomes. Their response was that they plan to have all factions suported with a Battletome in the next year, year and a half. They may be combined battletomes, reimagined factions or tomes for factions that doesnt have books yet.  They said they are aware of the situation of the armies without tomes and think this uncertainty if holding AoS back . They intend to fix that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And so we wait. In such case i don't think anything will be dropped, only that some stuff will remain without battletomes longer. Only worrying thing are dawnspire units, as they have this legal but not availible status... But, well, we'll see.

3 hours ago, dekay said:

And so we wait. In such case i don't think anything will be dropped, only that some stuff will remain without battletomes longer. Only worrying thing are dawnspire units, as they have this legal but not availible status... But, well, we'll see.

If they follow the Skaven way, those models will be retired.

The rest of the line will probably stay. 

Oddball is the Swordmaster. They still sell the ugly ones.

And that's what I find optimistically unlikely: In case of skaven the only unit that disappeared was one variant of the weapon team. Removing several units at once, ones that formed the core of a faction they re-released specially for AoS, that's a PR nightmare incoming. Not only for those few Aelf fans - it would be a reminder for everyone that their units might just randomly disappear.

And that's why i think one of the thing holding back Tyrion's battletome is that fact that designers know that to make players happy they basically *need* to resculpt those units, or at least include units similar enough for stand-ins.

22 hours ago, Aelfric said:

What I find more interesting is the mention of Devoted of Sigmar.  Though a bit off topic, a reworking could include Aelves, and Duardin.

This is the route I believe they will/should go down.   Having the existing Aelven kits just be Teclis’, Tyrion’s and Malerion’s “new” armies would demonstrate such a paucity of imagination.  Make the existing kits useable by having them as Free Peoples/ Devoted of Sigmar etc with Dwarves and Humans.   Build completely new Aelven beasts and supersoldiers for Hysh and Ulgu.   They are being designed by gods!!!  If Sigmar can make Stormcast then Teclis, Tyrion and Malerion can make something new, different and elite too.  Teclis has already demonstrated this with Idoneth!

Edited by Aelven supremacy

I would be perfectly happy if large part of current aelves were rolled into expanded free cities, but it's entirely possible they will go Gloomspite route and just give Hysh a few new units and build the rest out of the old kits. I can live with both, especially if nothing disappears.