Jump to content

AoS 2 - Aelves Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arright, this might be a moment to present my achievement: My Aelves are done! Everything kitbashed, converted and painted, and, in case of big things, magnetised for transport. In

So, i was watching Vince Venturella video on Warhammer festival and there was some bits of information that are nice to us:   Gw was questioned about suport of factions and Battletomes. Thei

I know. I am sad beyond words. 7k elves just gone.  I feel like an idiot to have supported this company. I waited 4 years for support and when it finally seen like it is happened, they kicked me

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Maturin said:

Did you guys notice that White lions are out of order for good on GW's ?

This is a sad day for me if they dont repackage them... they were the core of my old High Elf army

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skarn said:

This is a sad day for me if they dont repackage them... they were the core of my old High Elf army

You could use them as Wildwood Rangers quite easily, if you still wanted to use the models.  The two units are both foresters of sorts, and wield two-handed weapons, so calling them "The White Lions" as their regimental name would fit fine.  Not quite the same, I realise that, but at least you can continue to use the models going forward.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a list of possible proxies that come to mind to avoid losing models:

 

High Warden - put on a bigger base and it is a freeguild general.

Swordmasters - Free Guild Great Swords

Reavers - Free guild pistoleers

Lion Rangers - Wildwood Rangers.

Seaguard - Use as any spear unit. 

 

Also there are several models that can be converted to Aelves by changing the "crew" and adding elvish decor to the models to cover Sigmar simbols, such as the Hurricanum (archamge on top of it), the Freeguild Griffon (can use the spare torso from dragonlord or Phoenix to change the rider).

We should be ok.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

You could use them as Wildwood Rangers quite easily, if you still wanted to use the models.  The two units are both foresters of sorts, and wield two-handed weapons, so calling them "The White Lions" as their regimental name would fit fine.  Not quite the same, I realise that, but at least you can continue to use the models going forward.

Yeah, I can make a plan. Im sure there will be plenty of options given what they did with the Skaven book... it just wont be same as it was, but we move on to hopefully bigger and better things

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

 

High Warden - put on a bigger base and it is a freeguild general.

Swordmasters - Free Guild Great Swords

Reavers - Free guild pistoleers

Lion Rangers - Wildwood Rangers.

Seaguard - Use as any spear unit. 

 

Those are all good, I've been thinking about freeguildifying my army already, but I need a tome for details. 

Alternatives I thought of if we're sticking to aelves are:

High Warden: Basically any dragon or ridden phoenix. It's an armed dude on a flying monster, who would complain.

Reavers: Dark Riders

Lion Rangers [and Swordmasters, for that matter] - Wildwood Rangers or Executioners.

Seaguard: Dreadspears or Eternal Guard.

Chariot: Scourgerunner. [Or stick an archmage onto it and call it a hurricanum if you're going freeguild way.]

 

Basically entire thing can be done as old Dark Elves range, especially if shadowblades get rolled into one city with the rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Reavers - Free guild pistoleers 

Actually, Outriders would be closer because pistols do have way to short range (thats the range of a Javelin, not a bow).

The biggest problem with using Outriders as Proxis is, that -1 Rend is part of black powder Weapons or the Bows of Stormcast Eternals. Which means -1 Rend is way too strong for a regular Bow unit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Actually, Outriders would be closer because pistols do have way to short range (thats the range of a Javelin, not a bow).

The biggest problem with using Outriders as Proxis is, that -1 Rend is part of black powder Weapons or the Bows of Stormcast Eternals. Which means -1 Rend is way too strong for a regular Bow unit.

That will depend of your comunity really. I use repeater crossbows as Celestar Ballistas.

Even on tournaments guys over here are very forgiving

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

The biggest problem with using Outriders as Proxis is, that -1 Rend is part of black powder Weapons or the Bows of Stormcast Eternals. Which means -1 Rend is way too strong for a regular Bow unit.

Historically, like, in fantasy in general, Elven bows were always superior to other races and for large parts of Warhammer history they tended to have hitting power comparable to crossbows and black powder weapons. ; ) No need to worry. But to make it more fitting I'm considering modifying mine with Sisters of the Watch bows to make it more obvious that those things are not your regular 4+ no rend things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dekay said:

Historically, like, in fantasy in general, Elven bows were always superior to other races and for large parts of Warhammer history they tended to have hitting power comparable to crossbows and black powder weapons. ; ) No need to worry. But to make it more fitting I'm considering modifying mine with Sisters of the Watch bows to make it more obvious that those things are not your regular 4+ no rend things.

Even the  Enchanted Bows of Sister of the Watch don't have Rend. They only hit and wound on 3+.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EMMachine said:

Even the  Enchanted Bows of Sister of the Watch don't have Rend. They only hit and wound on 3+.

So it's either dark riders (which might prove problematic too, given that their crossbows have different to hit and attacks values than bows)  or playing Open only with Legends reaver rules, then ; )

I assume giving them actual guns is out of the question? ; )

Link to post
Share on other sites

So a theory I have (will not happen but who knows?) maybe the Free Cities will have generic unit entries. Similar to how the Cannons can be Dwarfen or Human, you could have "Gunners" be Dwarven or human, archers be human or elf, crossbowmen be dwarven or elven. Greatswords could be any of them and just have great wepons.

Probably not but might be cool and cover some dropped units :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Charlo said:

So a theory I have (will not happen but who knows?) maybe the Free Cities will have generic unit entries. Similar to how the Cannons can be Dwarfen or Human, you could have "Gunners" be Dwarven or human, archers be human or elf, crossbowmen be dwarven or elven. Greatswords could be any of them and just have great wepons.

Probably not but might be cool and cover some dropped units :P

I've been pondering the same thing... have generic warscrolls and have the race you select offer the difference either with small buffs or purely aesthetically.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a thought. Do you guys remember this thing?

Warhammer-Fantasy-High-Elf-Lothern-Sea-Guard-x.jpg.0e1d14a633e6de5dc9961c73ca4f793d.jpg

As in, standalone spireguard sprue that has been availible direct only for quite some time after IoB premiered? It lacks command options, but I wonder if GW will bring it back instead of squatting spireguard entirely. I'd hope so, because re-equipping all mine is not something I particularily look forward to :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am anxious myself. Really wanna know how my elves will be able to play with others.

An army using only Phoenix Temple, Order Draconis and Eldritch Council is my dream squad.

Now imagine with traits, artifacts, spells and endless spells...

That Archmage on Dragon is gona shine AND buff your Phoenix. Sounds really evil.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

I am anxious myself. Really wanna know how my elves will be able to play with others.

An army using only Phoenix Temple, Order Draconis and Eldritch Council is my dream squad.

Now imagine with traits, artifacts, spells and endless spells...

That Archmage on Dragon is gona shine AND buff your Phoenix. Sounds really evil.

You can easy go for: Hallowheart

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Skarn said:

All I have wanted since the start of AoS is elves riding atop lions.... but nooo... GW does not agree with me that it would be the most amazing thing in the history of warhammer

I have basicly made this as a fanmade project here:

But if White Lions aren't build anymore some parts that make the optic will be missing.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...