AoS 2 - Aelves Discussion

Thiagoma

3 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

They better keep Draconis, I just put a 2K list together with an Archmage ally.

Same, I just had two more dragons arrive earlier this week. Found'em on ebay for $30 a pop. I absolutely cannot wait to see the look on my gloomspite buddy's face when three dragons and fifteen horses slam into his boingrots on turn one

Edited by ColsBols

9 hours ago, Barbossal said:

I actually have a theory about this whole Aelf thing: the Light and Shadow Aelves are gonig to be the same army.

Think about it - Hysh and Ulgu are thematically opposite so the army ability powers up a certain alignment of the army based on the tide of the Sun and Moon. It focuses on balance and harmony between the sides and how they challenge each other - OR - build a list that focuses on a specific side and embrace the Light/Dark. Meanwhile there's a neutral alignment that is in the twilight between both sides.

Light Aelfs: Eldritch Council, Order Draconis, Phoenix Temple

Dark Aelfs: Darkling Covens, Order Serpentis,  Shadowblades

Twilight/Neutral Aelfs: Wanderers, Scourge Privateers, Swifthawk Agents

Light gets a new dual build kit with Angelic Aelfs in two types and Teclic & Tyron kit.

Dark gets a new dual build kit with Shadow Aelfs in two types along with Malerion.

Twilight Elf get a new Wanderers behemoth.

Revamp the entire Aelf line in only 5 kits ❤️

Quote from the "Current estate of the armies".

Makes a lot of sense!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Quote from the "Current estate of the armies".

Makes a lot of sense!

disagree, every other god gets their own tome, why would two gods who;

A-don't share a home realm and

B-hate each other 

share a tome, it just does not match GW's current buisness model for battle tome themes

aditionly the blades of khorne book teases the release of shadow aelves but not light aelves

aditionally mixing two contradictory themes towgther would just make a mess of an army;

- what would the free terrain be (one army is going to loose out)

- how the hell is the battle traits going to work

- how limited is the endless spellls going to be

-speaking of limited think of how limited the theme will be on a tactical level.

it would not only make no sense fir GW but suck for us players.

I also doubt GW would waste the opportunity to expand and sell two major aelf armies (double the units, terrain and endless spells to sell) especially since aelf armies tend to sell really well and be very popular.

besides they have been hyping these factions as SEPARATE for eons now, just can't imagine they will be like "yes you know those two new factions we have been teasing for ages, yeah we desided e could be be bothered treating them like even the most minor factions and jsut through them in 1 tome even though they share nothing in commen thematically, or in the lore so far but they are both aelves so they should be in 1 tome" it would be like putting slaanesh and nurgle in 1 tome and largely sharing the same kits while khorne and tzeentch get full unique armies.

if this happens i won't buy a single model or the battle tome (ok thats a lie, but it still makes no sense and would be lazy as anything) they aren't even the same race (sure they are both aelves, but they are created by different gods with completely different traits), i can see a combined free city aelf tome, i can see daughters of khaine absorbed into shadow aelves (as they both come from ulgu) but cannot see the realm of light and the realm of shadows being put into one tome with only 2 units (not including heroes) each and then a whole lote of old stuff that don't even match the new themes properly.

AND this is before we talk about wanderers who are not even associated with either light or shadow aelves (they are sylvaneth if anything)

• Like 1

How about a battlebox, mixing light and shadow elves? They will be of two different armies, even before their battletomes - for people, wishing to get those models as soon as possible, so a battlebox will bea preview of sorts. On the other hand, logically, another army in a battlebox should be of Slaanesh followers. Maybe cultists and mortal troops with a champion like an old Sigvald. But then again, battletome of Hedonists already on it's way, so instead of Slaanesh forces those might be of Archaon - possible with the same "choose your allegiance" system, representing Slaanech followers in this particular situation. Does this sound stupid?

Hello everyone! I am considering starting my Wanderers army (used to play WE back from 5th to 8th edition), what are the chances that this army will be squatted with next Generals Handbook? I wouldn't want to invest into something that would be removed :/

After first question, what would be good start for wanderers army?

11 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

They got reboxed for AoS so i would say they are safe.

There os a Wanderers thread where you may get better info, but i would say a Nomad Prince, Waywatcher and a Spellweaver heroes and some Eternal Guard , Glade Guard and Sisters of the Watch.

Oh sorry, I should have looked better! I thought Aelves meant for all the elves now I feel a bit stupid... :(

What about other elves if in the end I would decide for High Elves? Are they a safe bet as well?

Dont feel, it is an Aelves thread afterall.

The remaining Aelves are in the weired spot right now. Nobody has a clue about what will GW do with it.

Most of us use "Great Alliance Order " with Aelves only to field our armies. Dark elves are a bit less fragmented.

IMO High elves will be merged with Tyrions upcomming army and Dark ones with Malerion, but that is just an educated guess.

If you got the models, play then, if you dont i would hold for a bit longer pn investing cash into the army.

Yeah, I don't have any models but... Thanks to my brothers I really want to return to AoS but I always really enjoyed only elves/Bretonnia in WFB and I don't really feel other armies :( this is why I am considering getting wanderers or some other elves, Idoneth/Daughters aren't really something that gets my feel either. The Angelic elves I heard about is more something I would want.

The Aelves lore in AoS is about holding Slaneesh in its prision.

Considering the release of Slaneesh army this week, i would say Aelves are on the way, but i would guess Malerion pnes will come first, since Slaneesh presence is beeing felt stronger on Uglu. 

On 4/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, Thiagoma said:

Anyone had good results with the Hydra? Looks kinda good on paper!

hi Guys, 

I bought a war hydra to play with my DoK. It did not come with the assemblyinstructions. Could anyone here help me?

19 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

The Aelves lore in AoS is about holding Slaneesh in its prision.

Considering the release of Slaneesh army this week, i would say Aelves are on the way, but i would guess Malerion pnes will come first, since Slaneesh presence is beeing felt stronger on Uglu. 

plus malerions aelves are mentioned as no longer hideing in the blades of khorne book (unlike light aelves which aren't mentioned)

My guess for Hysh/Light Aelves are the Xmas army or next Adepticon. We still have to get a book for Darkoath, as they are the last character from Malign Portents which does not have an army. Sylvaneth, KO, and theoretically another Death and Destruction army are slated for tomes in 2019 per the graphic shown at LVO and Adepticon.

If you guys think I'm Sigmar's number one best boy, just wait until our Most Radiant Princes return. Especially you Mr.

@Strength_Hammer

Edited by Red Geist
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 5/1/2019 at 2:36 PM, Turin Turambar said:

plus malerions aelves are mentioned as no longer hideing in the blades of khorne book (unlike light aelves which aren't mentioned)

Honestly we've only had the casual mention of the Light Aelves being a thing, Malerion's aelves are very active in the story setting and have been seen all over the place. We've even got stories involving them.

The Light Aelves - nothing so far as I'm aware. GW could even re-con them being a faction and just release a duel angel kit and an angel leader and throw them in with a bunch of existing Aelves and it would work . Ergo light Aelves could be another Daughters of Khaine style release rather than a full blooded new faction one - and honestly I'd be more than happy with that! 

On 4/30/2019 at 6:03 PM, Miyokari said:

Oh sorry, I should have looked better! I thought Aelves meant for all the elves now I feel a bit stupid... :(

What about other elves if in the end I would decide for High Elves? Are they a safe bet as well?

There are two Aelf factions with 2.0 battletomes  - Daughters of Khaine and Idoneth Deepkin.  

53 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly we've only had the casual mention of the Light Aelves being a thing, Malerion's aelves are very active in the story setting and have been seen all over the place. We've even got stories involving them.

The Light Aelves - nothing so far as I'm aware. GW could even re-con them being a faction and just release a duel angel kit and an angel leader and throw them in with a bunch of existing Aelves and it would work . Ergo light Aelves could be another Daughters of Khaine style release rather than a full blooded new faction one - and honestly I'd be more than happy with that! 

It could, considering the huge existing line. My bet is that there wont be any angels tho.

If Malerion comes first we will have an idea of what GW will do with existing lines. If dark elves gets grouped with his forces, High ones will be on the safe side.

That said, they could group up the forces in the meanwhile so we could actually play. GA order armies are getting weaker with every release.

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

There are two Aelf factions with 2.0 battletomes  - Daughters of Khaine and Idoneth Deepkin.  

I don't really consider Deepkin as Elves that I would want to collect, from their design to lore. DoK isn't my taste gameplay wise.

Teclis begins to gather armies of his own. He amasses the martial orders of the Realm of Light, and invokes ancient pacts with the spirits of Hysh to bolster his gleaming warhosts for the new era of conflict to come.”

Hummm interesting...

• Like 1

Martial orders might actually be significant, because it fits current fluff of most of the old high elf line. If they don't plan on scrapping anything, the description fits lion rangers, phoenix temple, dragonblades, swifthawks and, if not eldritch council then definitely swordmasters in particular.

Basically things that were removed from the high elf line were the citizen militia units, while the various warrior orders stayed. Maybe that tells us aomething about the future of hysh army structure.

27 minutes ago, dekay said:

Martial orders might actually be significant, because it fits current fluff of most of the old high elf line. If they don't plan on scrapping anything, the description fits lion rangers, phoenix temple, dragonblades, swifthawks and, if not eldritch council then definitely swordmasters in particular.

Basically things that were removed from the high elf line were the citizen militia units, while the various warrior orders stayed. Maybe that tells us aomething about the future of hysh army structure.

alos no reason why old dark aelves cann't be mixed with light aelves, order draconis is a military order.

I still hope we get aelven citizen militia type units, but in free people aelves type tome.