AoS 2 - Aelves Discussion

Thiagoma

Feedback on the list: Ballista helped but not that much  even with  hand of glory. 30 Swordmasters seemed too many on a single block, and felt really hard to make use of the whole block . I may reduce it in the future.

Poor Spearmen died like flyes but  scored me a few points. Cheap lemmings but were usefull to gain a round or 2.

Love the Drakeseer Random damage on the spell. His damage was 9, 1 and 1 on the other casts but the 9 saved my bacon.

Really fun tournament overall!

• Like 1

Neat.

I had only a single game. I really dislike BCR, my opponent simply runs his brick across the table and most of the time everything is going to melt. It creates such a boring game dynamic.

Dracolines were rather neat, can't say the same for Swordmasters. I'll continue using them, need to finish a project before moving on the next one. 

Hi guys,

As an aelf lover I've elaboraetd this list for the good of the competitive Aelf style:

Mixed Order 2k List:

Alarielle 660

Phoenix with Anoited 320 - Dopplegenger Cloak

Loremaster 140 - Strat. Genius

30x Phoenix Guards - 360

10x Phoenix Guards - 140

10x Arkanout Company - 120

10x Driads - 100 

10x Driads - 100

1 CP - 50

Total 1990 - 2 starting CP.

Tipically you start  as second, take the middle field with a buffed phoenix, alarielle (hand of glory on top), and 30 phoenixes (and Driads also on the back of them in case).

8 hours ago, Raffonerd said:

Hi guys,

As an aelf lover I've elaboraetd this list for the good of the competitive Aelf style:

Mixed Order 2k List:

Alarielle 660

Phoenix with Anoited 320 - Dopplegenger Cloak

Loremaster 140 - Strat. Genius

30x Phoenix Guards - 360

10x Phoenix Guards - 140

10x Arkanout Company - 120

10x Driads - 100 

10x Driads - 100

1 CP - 50

Total 1990 - 2 starting CP.

Tipically you start  as second, take the middle field with a buffed phoenix, alarielle (hand of glory on top), and 30 phoenixes (and Driads also on the back of them in case).

Sir, i couldnt help but notice those Dwarfs in there and i will have to take your Elf membership card away...

I dont know how Allarielle works outside of Sylvaneth so i wont talk about it, but i will give my 2 cents about the Phoenix folks.

I think 30 Guards units do not work all that well. 20s seen to be better used imo.

Also Ignax scales makes for a nasty Frosty (and it stacks for 2 saves of 4 +!)

16 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Sir, i couldnt help but notice those Dwarfs in there and i will have to take your Elf membership card away...

You can go for Glade guads :)

30 Guards have the discount and can bring a large cover staying around heroes in the middlefield. Scales are good but more meta depending. Also a Phoenix stone can be good, but depends on what you think you have to fight against.

I keep thinking about swapping the 30 Swordmasters and one of my 3 units of Reavers For 30 arkanoughts and an aether chemist. I guess this is the wrong thread to consider it in, but that amount of shooting feels like it'd do more than the Swordmasters would before they explode in cc. 

Especially with one or two of the firestorm City allegiances. 

19 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Not the wrong thread. Swordmasters are good, but overpriced and wont count as BL for a Firestorm army.

If it fits you better, go for it!

I'm looking at using the tempest's eye allegiance, probably gonna use a city generated from the tables on the community site. being 5+ save on 25mm bases, I've been thinking of converting some Dark elf corsairs into elf pirates with pistols, probably some flintlocks or revolvers from a 25mm company (for those dainty elven hands!) for the skyhooks, I was thinking of using stormcaller staves from Warmachine (I have about 12 gathering dust in a drawer) and having the ranged attack represent them calling down thunderbolts.

Lots of work, but should look ace on the tabletop!

Arright, this might be a moment to present my achievement:

My Aelves are done!

66777828_118320782775603_6769632847351197143_n.jpg.ae315a8f16a4f95bd4f6b815955b2ef1.jpg

Everything kitbashed, converted and painted, and, in case of big things, magnetised for transport.

In case you wanted to see close ups, here's the army thread:

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 5

What's everyone's thoughts on the Repeater Bolt Throwers? They seem pretty decent on paper as long as the crew doesn't get sniped (36" range should help with that).

To go further down the rabbithole I have this crazy idea where you bring 4 of them with both a Seawarden on foot (+1 to wound) and a Lord-Ordinator (+1 to hit). Now you've got a ridiculous amount of dakka: 48 shots hitting on 3s, wounding on 2s and rend -1. Sprinkle in command abilities and buff spells to taste. Take that, horde meta. 

I guess I just really like the models so I'm looking for an excuse to field them.

44 minutes ago, Ceranidian said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the Repeater Bolt Throwers? 

They are great until you face people who can drop mortals around the place- the Stormcast comet will basically remove your arty blob if you cluster it and if you don't there's little point in bringing the buff heroes. 36" range matters a lot less than it once did. 

I had three crews killed by the Nurgle Allegiance ability before the start of turn 1 (for full disclosure it two crews were killed and one was reduced to 1 dude) and from that day on I ran them as Stormcast Ballistas for that sweet, sweet 7w profile. for 10 less points. 

Edited by MrZakalwe

Yeah, proxying them as Celestars occured to me too. Been trying to find some good info on how to best use them, seems it's either bringing 1-2 on their own and plinking away some damage here and there or going whole hog and bringing 3-4 with a Lord-Ordinator?

“Page 32 – Additional Pitched Battle Profiles, Order Remove the following pitched battle profiles:
• Reaper Bolt Thrower
• Dreadlord

• Dreadlord on Drakespawn • Sorceress on Dark Pegasus • Sorceress on Drakespawn • Beastmaster on Manticore”

Oh Well 🤣

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

“Page 32 – Additional Pitched Battle Profiles, Order Remove the following pitched battle profiles:
• Reaper Bolt Thrower
• Dreadlord

• Dreadlord on Drakespawn • Sorceress on Dark Pegasus • Sorceress on Drakespawn • Beastmaster on Manticore”

Oh Well 🤣

The repeater is still legal. For another year at least..

51 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

The repeater is still legal. For another year at least..

Hummm doesnt the fact that it was removed from the GHB 2019 mean that it is no longer legal?

Anyways, it is tournament stuff. For casual play it is up to the players anyways.