AoS 2 - Aelves Discussion

Thiagoma

1 hour ago, htmwc said:

I'm not gonna lie, the new cities of sigmar thing makes me tempted to sell my high elf mix. Just seems so chaotic. My beautiful seaborn :(

Dont lose hope. A lot of units that are going away can be used as proxy to others.

Lets see the book first before we go crazy 🤣

2 hours ago, htmwc said:

I'm not gonna lie, the new cities of sigmar thing makes me tempted to sell my high elf mix. Just seems so chaotic. My beautiful seaborn :(

I'm buying:p 

Joke aside I'll never have enough elves. I want an army from EACH kingdom!

Edited by Maturin

I know. I am sad beyond words. 7k elves just gone. 

I feel like an idiot to have supported this company. I waited 4 years for support and when it finally seen like it is happened, they kicked me in the nuts.

I just finished building my paint station and painted & magnetized my 2 Dragonlords. I just received a dragon noble and dragon blades this morning.  I was so excited...

I cant put it into words.

• Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I know. I am sad beyond words. 7k elves just gone. 

I feel like an idiot to have supported this company. I waited 4 years for support and when it finally seen like it is happened, they kicked me in the nuts.

I just finished building my paint station and painted & magnetized my 2 Dragonlords. I just received a dragon noble and dragon blades this morning.  I was so excited...

I cant put it into words.

Do remember that you have rules still in the grand alliance books and points in GHB19 so you have a year minimum.

Not to mention Tomb Kings and Bret's *still* have points in there so yours will be reprinted again I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I really feel for you guys. I was sceptical of what the Cities of Sigmar book was going to be, seeing as it needed to support so many factions.

It seems GW solved that by eviscerating most of the factions in it, and high elves chief among them.

Yeah, they squatted the High elves. And seeing what they did with Kurnothi and Idoneth, I really dread what they're going to do with the Dark and High Elves, aka now Malerions and the twins' elves! Those were amongst the most beautiful miniatures in WFB 8th, for me anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Yeah, they squatted the High elves. And seeing what they did with Kurnothi and Idoneth, I really dread what they're going to do with the Dark and High Elves, aka now Malerions and the twins' elves! Those were amongst the most beautiful miniatures in WFB 8th, for me anyway.

I must say that their aesthetic never did it for me (both high and dark), but still better than Stormcast.

Wood elves might find solace in the Kurnothi, Dark elves are relatively untouched, but I don't know what's in store for the remaining high elves.

Well, let's be honest here, aestethically speaking, with paintjobs removed, high and dark elves were VERY similar to each other. As in, actual mirror units for the most part. GW might've decided they're just keeping one of them as 'standard' elves, while the others are going for full-on-AoS-weirdness redesign. So they left the ones with full line of relatively new plastic models and I honestly can't blame them.

I'll probably be proceeding with plan B when the book hits, and that involves removing bows from my now-dreadspears, removing spears from now-darkshards, adding some cool lightning effect to dreadlord-griffons to rationalise them now having breath attack... Reavers become dark riders [i based my models on them anyway. HOWEVER! Shadowblades weren't in any free city before, weren't they? If they aren't added, I'm getting a bit angry], swordmasters are now executioners [they used the bits anyway]...

I hope shadow warriors can be used in the same list as the 'dark' units, though. Also, I'm surprised and sorta angry about the skycutter, one of the only things I was convinced are staying.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY don't like the way it seems to be handled, given that if everything we think goes, goes out of my 70 currently ready models, only 10 can use their original rules now. And the entirety of the rest were warscrolls published explicitly under Age of Sigmar brand in separate set, or, in case of skycutter, unit repeatedly mentioned in fluff that got its own short story published as recently as malign sorcery. A shame.

So well the first few looks into the discontinued lines, makes me almost throw up.

THere were a few things that were on the list which I was sure would probably get removed but could have been easily replaced by other units from the same race (like dwarf warriors as the longbeards, etc.)

There were also a few units of which I was a bit of unsure, but from how they look, could have and are going to go for good.

Now what I definitely didn’t suspect and going, but rather thought it would be or could be a big center piece in the entire book, were half of the artillery options, the war altars and  whole heroes vanishing, that were definitely marked for greatness or could have if it wasn’t  for their disappointing deaths.

Like most of you people, I am very, very disappointed of the first steps Gw has decided to take.

if it means that the battletome will be a total disaster, is something that I can’t decide yet.

In total I’m only hoping that there will be options for us to be able to take our so beloved and not anymore welcomed models in some way in the battletome, for example having the option of giving certain units either the aelve, duardin or human keyword, which would make the boom interesting, but those are just dreams and if they will be fulfilled is only something the designers of the book will know, and maybe at tomorrows preview we will too!

• LOVE IT! 1

Cross posting from the Cities of Sigmar thread because it seems relevant to a lot of people:

Important news concerning recently axed units!

I'm not on the Facebooks, but a friend just sent me this:

LnMAoF0.jpg

It looks like the axed units will still be available to their parent factions, just not as part of Cities of Sigmar allegiance, your army has not been invalidated, and all of the units that didn't get discontinued are getting shiny new warscrolls. Business as usual, everybody wins I guess! 🥳

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Cross posting from the Cities of Sigmar thread because it seems relevant to a lot of people:

Important news concerning recently axed units!

I'm not on the Facebooks, but a friend just sent me this:

LnMAoF0.jpg

It looks like the axed units will still be available to their parent factions, just not as part of Cities of Sigmar allegiance, your army has not been invalidated, and all of the units that didn't get discontinued are getting shiny new warscrolls. Business as usual, everybody wins I guess! 🥳

Except of course, that they are on an 11 month timer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

If the Skaventide book is anything to go by the units included in the Cities tome will be balanced around the allegiance abilities in there so will be pretty useless outside of it so we'll have to wait and see. 

In AoS they do have a fondness for making anything not currently being sold absolute trash. 

I sincerely hope I'm wrong on this one. 

Edited by MrZakalwe
  • Like 1

Hi guys, I was thinking a bit since the day when most of the aelves were well cut, and I was thinking of making well a City of aelves battletome.

the idea is to basically make generic Aelve warscrolls, like for example Aelvish hunters with greataxes  (white lions and wildwood rangers) and basically give them the option of choosing a certain keyword that shows  what god they specifically worship granting them some buffs that makes them different in total.

There are a few ideas I have in specifically, and since I finally graduated, and well will have to serve my country (sadly, and not really since I will be able to gain some legal cash, something most students can only wish for) in some kind of social duty’s Time probably won’t be a problem.

But as it is,  I would start with the project after I know how popular the free city tome is ( in other words when it gets released), should it well be not as well received, I guess there won’t be anything standing in my way.

now don’t get me wrong this’ll just be a fan made tome, free of charge but probably  will be unusable in most to nearly all events or tournaments, especially those held by Gw

Edited by Skreech Verminking

The only interesting observation I can make is that all the spells that the highborn had can be recycled...

I am mostly going to miss Archemage and his bubble. I'll proxy Swordmasters as Executioners and Archmage as Jade Wizard, I'll miss his option to be mounted. 

I will store my High Elves until they release new ones. If i can use a fair amount of then as proxy for the new army, i may buy some stuff, if i cant i wont buy into it and my painted models are gona stay as decoration 9n the shelf.

My bitterness asside, a lot of High Elf models can be used as their dark elf counterparts ( Swordmasters, charriot, dragon, archmage on foot/on dragon, Spire Guard, Reavers are a nice amount i can think of the top of my head.

• Sad 1