AoS 2 - Aelves Discussion

Thiagoma

7 hours ago, Raffonerd said:

Let's start with the principle that "GA order is always better then any order army without rules". This principle doesn't consider the fact that the list can be a bunch of different models and can be aesthetically ugly.

A will explain better my GA list with wanderers. For sure the idea was to play aelfs. :)

About Draconis I can say that 1 battalion with 2x5 Blades and Dlord with ethereal amulet it's one of the best picks for a GA Order army.

I also got the rule of elves only! I keep it up using Spireguard as Highborn Spearman or Reavers as BL! 😁

9 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I also got the rule of elves only! I keep it up using Spireguard as Highborn Spearman or Reavers as BL! 😁

I m usually not that warhammer racist. :) But I've posted that list here cause I think can be a viable option for playing a full Aelv army.  Also this one down here, with your feedbacks.

Allegiance: Wanderers
LEADERS
Anointed (80)
- Allies
Nomad Prince (80)
- General
- Command Trait : Stalker of the Hidden Paths
- Artefact : Forget-me-knot
Spellweaver (100)
- Heartwood Staff
Wayfinder (80)
Wayfinder (80)
Wayfinder (80)
- Artefact : Wending Wand
UNITS
20 x Phoenix Guard (280)
- Allies
5 x Wild Riders (100)
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (210)
10 x Eternal Guard (70)
20 x Glade Guard (240)
20 x Glade Guard (240)
10 x Glade Guard (120)
BATTALIONS
Waystone Pathfinders (160)
TOTAL: 1970/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2 WOUNDS: 130
LEADERS: 6/6 BATTLELINES: 4 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 360/400

Wanderers only will work much better and those 20 units will benefit from the 20+ rules until hurt. My recomendation is to fire the arcane bodkins as soon as possible.

I dont  play Wanderers myself but folks at the Wanderers boards speak a lot about Sisters of the watch.  I never used the models (only got 10 because i love the looks but never managed to use then on my lists) but teleporting then behind an enemy and shooting twice with a pack is looks nasty.

18 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Wanderers only will work much better and those 20 units will benefit from the 20+ rules until hurt. My recomendation is to fire the arcane bodkins as soon as possible.

I dont  play Wanderers myself but folks at the Wanderers boards speak a lot about Sisters of the watch.  I never used the models (only got 10 because i love the looks but never managed to use then on my lists) but teleporting then behind an enemy and shooting twice with a pack is looks nasty.

Main problem of SoW is:

1) they force you in play one waywatcher, which is imo worse then wayfinder now. Why? Cause finder has an average of 11 arrows (which was like 5 wounds) in the first turn. (18" + 6" range, he can move!).

2) SoW cost more, but barely by math  widely better. Anyway if you consider that: a) if you start you are at 18" at least from your opponent, so you must move in the first turn (no multi shot); b) They usually sit near objectives, so your opponent can easy predict your multi shoot range 18". (Glades has range 20" + 6" always).  c) They mean lower bodies (cause they cost more), which should be ok if their tankines would have been better then just 1 point in TS and deal 3 wound before combat to the charging unit. The only good thing is  that they have the countercharge ability, but you lose the initial advantage of starting first and mass shot with rend 3 one unit.

In the end, we should keep in mind that we can't win with only arrows in aos. That's why we need cac.

I suggest, if you want to play full aelv, a list of wanderers battalion plus OoD battalion. 2 drop. First turn arrow plus dragon lord release. I think it can sound.

In august I will test these stuff and report the results, problems and wayouts.

Edited by Raffonerd

One missconception about SotW is that if you use the Wanderers teleport, it doesnt count as a move, so you can pop behind lines and fire twice AND a third time if they get charged. It make a really nasty combo thst forces the enemy into choosing to go back and kill then or keep getting hit.

320 points to keep enemies from moving is pretty neat

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

One missconception about SotW is that if you use the Wanderers teleport, it doesnt count as a move, so you can pop behind lines and fire twice AND a third time if they get charged. It make a really nasty combo thst forces the enemy into choosing to go back and kill then or keep getting hit.

320 points to keep enemies from moving is pretty neat

It says instead of making a normal move, are you sure that it does not count? If it true maybe I should insert one units of them.

They also announced some units are being removed to legends. I wonder if its the end of Dawnspire. With this form of battletome, that i sadly didnt anticipate, they're prime candidates for removal.

Good to have something, though, and I'll likely work out some counts as to make it work ;)

13 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

I am nervous.

Really hoping they made any of the High Elves conditional Battlelines a regular one. Wanna field just my High elves, no Stormcast or empire stuff.

Hopefully the phoenecium or hallowheart will let you do so!

On 7/20/2019 at 10:49 AM, Thiagoma said:

See Phoenix Temple and a Shadow Warrior on the pictures. Hope other ones are included

Which picture do you mean? I can't see either of them on the community page pic, only WWR and EG for aelven infantry.

1 minute ago, markymarkka said:

They were part of the Tempest's Eye if i remember correctly. I hope they don't remove my dear Reavers.

I have 2 Spire of Dawn sets waiting for the day I know the models have a long shelf-life in the game, so I'm with you on that one.  May even re-base some of my old Dark elves.

• LOVE IT! 1