Cannot reply or make new thread from anywhere in Manitoba/ Canada, had to VPN to the UK to even make this thread?

Zanzou

None of my friends using any browser in Manitoba, Canada have been able to use any of the following functions in your site until we VPN to the UK:

-Cannot click inside the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread

-Clicking the Reply button does nothing

-Clicking New Topic works, but there is no content box to actually type the contents of a thread, so it cannot be posted.

Any ideas as to what on earth is going on?  Why does this forum only work for me if I VPN to somewhere else (the UK??)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zanzou said:

None of my friends using any browser in Manitoba, Canada have been able to use any of the following functions in your site until we VPN to the UK:

-Cannot click inside the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread

-Clicking the Reply button does nothing

-Clicking New Topic works, but there is no content box to actually type the contents of a thread, so it cannot be posted.

Any ideas as to what on earth is going on?  Why does this forum only work for me if I VPN to somewhere else (the UK??)

So just to clarify...

When you are not using a VPN, you can get to the site but have limited ability to do things? Is this the only site you have issues with?

2 hours ago, carnith said:

I can reply via my phone but my desktop does not work. Also from United States in Illinois. 

Is your desktop at home or work?

26 minutes ago, carnith said:

Home. I used to be able to reply but after the site went down over the weekend I am unable to post on my home desktop. 

Try flushing out your browser cache. I have no idea what happened but everything seems okay at the moment (I'm posting from a desktop now and was mobile earlier). Also try going to www.tga.community instead of any saved links you have and see if that works. 

5 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

So just to clarify...

When you are not using a VPN, you can get to the site but have limited ability to do things? Is this the only site you have issues with?

Yes but I made another discovery regarding the issue, which is going to sound weird.  So if I use any browser on any computer from my city it will have the problems I listed above.  However, if I VPN to the UK it will work.  Now I found out that if I disconnect from the VPN it will still temporarily work on that browser UNTIL I CLEAR CACHE/DATA, then it will go back to not working until I VPN to the UK again.

In other words, once I can get it to load properly the first time using a VPN it saves something in my browser cache/ data that temporarily allows the site to continue working for me regardless of whether I am using a VPN.  However once I clear the cache and make a fresh connection to the website, it goes back to not letting me reply to things, etc.   This is totally blowing my mind, I have no idea what the issue could be.

• Like 1

Just to add - 

Since the site came back up after the last outage, I cannot reply to topics or do anything involving typing words when using my phone.  I also get a little "loading" image that sticks around sometimes.

I can use a PC normally.

I am near Chicago.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 3

On 4/11/2019 at 1:58 AM, Gaz Taylor said:

Update - I think there’s a backend problem but we need the Daemonsmith to take a look at it. Please bear with us as I’m not too sure when they will be available to calm the Data Daemon down

Just checking on any update. I still can't really use the site effectively from my phone, which is where I do 90% or more of my forum interaction, so I'm a little twitchy. :)

7 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Just checking on any update. I still can't really use the site effectively from my phone, which is where I do 90% or more of my forum interaction, so I'm a little twitchy. :)

All down to when the Daemonsmith is free. Also there’s some work that needs to be done behind the scenes which isn’t straightfowards

Please be patient 😉