Everchosen / GA Chaos ?

Nokrah

Hello,

I bought my first miniature at the era of Nagash, Vlad Von Carstein & mummies. I learned about the apocalypse / end time,.. and I'm (re)discovering warhammer AOS 2.0 🙂 I was planning to go back to painting and competitive gaming.

I found chaos GA and Everchosen battletomes were particularly puzzling.

1) There is one thing I can't understand is the Everchosen battletome. what units can be selected as part of the Everchosen allegiance? (I did not find the info in the battletome) Everything chaos related? STD+ Everchosen? Everchosen only (i.e. varanguard, archaon, gaunt)? Everchosen, STD and daemons, and skavens? What is the difference between chaos GA and everchosen?  (long story short, what is Everchosen allegiance)

2) How can I select one of the four warbands battaillon inside (bloodmarked, plaguetouched, fatesworn)
I saw that the FAQ forbid to take them as part of disciple of Tzeentch / Maggotkin armies. Could there be taken as part of a STD/Everchosen allegiance?

3) is the fatesworn legal in matched play? I was unable to find a FAQ (rule of one VS battletome).

4) do you think a GA Chaos would be competitive? I was never able to set my mind on a chaos god. I remember, even 20y ago, I was torn apart between the 4 gods, having a few bloodletters, daemonettes, nurglings, etc. Here with the idea of the GA Chaos, I find it very sexy to have skyre clan weapons, khorne stuff supported by nurgle knights...

5) Are GA durable, or will they all disappears to be replaced by individual battletomes?

thanks for your replies!

Hi, since AoS 2.0 Everchosen is a little of a problem-child. The main reason is, that before Editionchange, Units inside Battalions were part of the Battalions allegiance (even without a keyword), in 2.0 they are still allies but do not count towards the allies limits. So in case of 1), the only things counting towards the Allegaince are the three units with that keyword.

In case of 2.) 3.) and 4.) the Everchosen Battalions are basicly only playable in Grand Allegiance Chaos, because it is the only way units like Marauders and Chaos Warriors can fill Battlelines quite cheap.

The part you are searching for is in the Rulebook FAQ on page 8

Q: The rules say that a warscroll battalion can include allies
and that they don’t count against the number of allies in the
army. Does this rule only apply to battalions that share the
same allegiance as the army, but that have units from two
different factions (a battalion in a Daughters of Khaine army
that has Daughters of Khaine and Stormcast Eternals units,
for example)?
A: Yes. The faction a warscroll battalion belongs to is
shown on its warscroll, above the title of the battalion.
In addition, the battalion is assumed to belong to the
Grand Alliance that its faction is a part of. Warscroll
battalions that share the same allegiance as an army
can always be taken as part of the army, and if they
include any allied units, these units do not count against
the limits on the number of allies the army can have
(or against the points limit that can be spent on allies
in a Pitched Battle). An army can include a warscroll
battalion of a different allegiance to the rest of the
army, but if it does so the units in it do count against the
limits on the number of allies the army can have (and
the points for the battalion and the units in it count
against the points limit that can be spent on allies in a
Pitched Battle).

To point 5.) do you mean Allegiance Abilities or the GA Book?

The first thing won't be disappear, the Book will most likely when all Factions are in Battletomes (at the Moment Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, and Deamons of Chaos (undivided) is missing), but I could think of the point that Everchosen, Slaves to Darkness and perhaps the undevided Deamons could become part of a new book

• Like 2

I'd be careful about looking for Everchosen information since this will all probably become obsolete in about 3-6 months since it looks like Everchosen and Slaves to Darkness are going to form the undivided army.

GA Chaos is kind of also obsolete really, the only reason people used it was to have Skaven armies before skaven book. It's not really all that useful compared to GA Destruction or GA Order.

It's like GA Death, there is so little reason to use that GA today.

• Like 2

The true short story of this is that Everchosen + Slaves to Darkness just need their own book where this will all work out well in combination with each other. Much like Legions of Nagash there are places where it works, but Chaos Undivided/Archaon on top of it only works well now with  a particular godbuild.

Worry not, after Slaanesh I deem it extremely likely Everchosen + Slaves to Darkness will get their own releases plus book. Which will likely contain Darkoath aswell. If anything the upcomming Chaos game (but not so much god aligned) seems to be a set up for a lot of Chaos without main god to come.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Nokrah said:

I found chaos GA and Everchosen battletomes were particularly puzzling.

1) There is one thing I can't understand is the Everchosen battletome. what units can be selected as part of the Everchosen allegiance? (I did not find the info in the battletome) Everything chaos related? STD+ Everchosen? Everchosen only (i.e. varanguard, archaon, gaunt)? Everchosen, STD and daemons, and skavens? What is the difference between chaos GA and everchosen?  (long story short, what is Everchosen allegiance)

2) How can I select one of the four warbands battaillon inside (bloodmarked, plaguetouched, fatesworn)
I saw that the FAQ forbid to take them as part of disciple of Tzeentch / Maggotkin armies. Could there be taken as part of a STD/Everchosen allegiance?

3) is the fatesworn legal in matched play? I was unable to find a FAQ (rule of one VS battletome).

4) do you think a GA Chaos would be competitive? I was never able to set my mind on a chaos god. I remember, even 20y ago, I was torn apart between the 4 gods, having a few bloodletters, daemonettes, nurglings, etc. Here with the idea of the GA Chaos, I find it very sexy to have skyre clan weapons, khorne stuff supported by nurgle knights...

5) Are GA durable, or will they all disappears to be replaced by individual battletomes?

thanks for your replies!

In addition the awnser to the above, because it is all particularly puzzling. 

1) Everchosen is a book from AoS1, with this in mind it was a poor book (my opinion) from the getgo. What it did/does is make Varanguard Battleline if you want to solely run Archaon and Varanguard with a Guant Summonner as your main army. You can ally in more, but this doesn't make sence from a lore perspective.

2) By playing the Everchosen Allegiance, though there is little reason to do it, except that Varanguard are Battleline if you do.

3) You technically can play it. Matched play offcourse adds more restrictive rules. It's 160 points.

4) It used to be very competitive with AoS1 and Sayl. Now not so much. 

5) I believe they will return, but much like 40K a  lot of players favour specific books for their specific armies who match their specific look. The biggest advantage of Archaon's Legion is that the whole aim is to be Chaos Undivided, basically Grand Allegiance Chaos. So if GW puts in the propper effort you will be able to do this.

To me the core design for this could become very simple, I believe Everchosen/Slaves to Darkness/Darkoath should all be in one big book, and much like the hosts we see elsewhere it could decide wether or not you want Archaon to be the leader, and become Everchosen, specific Chaos Lords of specific Chaos Gods to be your leader and becme Slaves to Darkness or have the Marauders be the backbone of your army with a lot of smaller heroes and be Darkoath.

Hope this helps, but more importantly hope you have the patience to GW redo this one in a propper manner for AoS2.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Thank you all for your messages!

I was thinking about a GA:chaos list with Kairos Fateweaver, Nurgle sorcerers and Grey Seer (the chaos GA magic circus 🙂 )...

But they will not have access to their own lore, right? The only way to have access to lores is to run the correct alliance (skaventide, nurgle, Tzeentch), isn't it?