The Golden Abacus - #Pir8Realms

StoneMonk

When I get to building the aim is to have 4 key characterful models, and 6 interchangable "generic deckhands" that convey the theme of the crew themselves. That way each of the character pieces convey specific information about their own motives, history and character, whilst the deckhands convey a general theme about the crew (and ofcourse ship when I build it).

So it'll end up as:
Baronnness (Leader, pistol/sword combo)
Cartographer (Support, big and imposing but slower and few attacks)
First Mate (Previously lord of the guard, combat tank)
The Doc (by trade he's a duardin engineer, but he's good at fitting clockwork replacement limbs and maintaining the Meridian Oasis herself)

6 deckhands in ramshackle cogwork plate, a mix of ranged and melee but the aim is to make them look jury rigger and aged.

• Like 1

"AQSHYIAN BLUE!" A cry came out from the doorway, accompanied by the heaving grunts of a portly Duardin half dragging, half shuffling a hefty wooden barrel through the door. "No dont worry lad, let the Duardin heft it, soooo kind" his bitter retort to nobody in particular muttered beneath his breath as he finally got the barrel far enough through the artifice to allow it to come to a resounding thud of a halt.

"FINEST AQSHIAN BLUE" he called out once more, giving the barrel a proud slap of his hand against the damp wooden slabs "All the refreshment of a Ghryan spring with just a hint of the fires of the broiling plains!" pacing around the barrel with his arms open wide at the proud proclamation he was finally lit enough to catch glimpse of his form. Whilst elements of his attire mirrored the cartographer and baronness, a series of pistons and clockwork attachments seemingly shifting with his every movement, far more of his figure lay adorned with trinkets and fineries than those he had accompanied. Relics of the various deities of the realms clink and chime against each other, hanging from his torn leather jacket as though to ward off any evil that might encroach upon him. His face was scruff, beard reaching far below waistline without the touch of grey that longer life would have granted it. Instead it lay ebony, if somewhat tangled tucked into the belt itself to prevent wayward passerby snatching of ripping its fine lockes. 

Peering through a pair of grime clogged spectacles across the room his expression wavered for a moment, there was perhaps not the weight of coin within that he had anticipated, yet still if he wished to eat this side of Harvestfall it would have to be enough. Giving his cargo a resounding kick, a half dozen forms easily mistaken for barnacles uptil now dropped onto the tavern floor, shivering a second before a second stomp from their master sent them scurrying into the chamber. Chamonite Oremites, pests favoured by those of a more gold obsessed nature began to scour their room, their very nature was to consume the ore of their native lands, integrating it into increasingly finery adorned carapace before, when no more or could possibly be consumed, they simply die off. Treasure hunters had for years made fortune collecting such mites at the end of their lifetime mistaking them for jewel adorned sculptures, yet it was thieves who truly appreciated their ability to phase, ghostlike through near every obstacle, passively integrating ore and gold into themselves without those who they robbed ever knowing what had occured.

"Some say..." The Duardin raised his voice once again, drawing attention back to himself that his pets might perform their duties unhindered "That a Ghyranite Noble once tasted a drop of the Aqshyian Blue, and so taken... so amazed was he that he asked, nay demanded his serfs drain every lake in his kingdom." Glancing toward a nearby Grot with a look of distaste "Lake's a big lump of water for those of you n'er seen one. He DEMANDED they all be drained, that he might fill them with the finest.... the purest... the most divine of waters ever seen across all t'Realms"

Another slap of the barrel echoes through the chamber, drowning out the occasional scurrying and chittering noise of the Oremites, though a soft squeal can be heard as one encroaching on the Baroness and receives a swift kick in rebuke.

"Now m'Lady, and our fine crew, we got his Aqshian blue and filled them lakes. But could we let such a pompous flower drinker have it all?" Eyes wide as he looks into the room, perhaps expecting a response that never comes. "No I said to my lady, save a barrel for the fine people of.... this fine place" clearly not knowing exactly where they were "That you might savour the taste, and for a moment equal kings and nobles..."

With a soft whistle, barely more than an exhale his pets chitter back from the darkness, their carapaces tinted every so slightly more golden, their forms just a touch heavier, still it should be enough to stop the baroness demanding he cook them. Not again anyway.

(So far characters for the Barronness (rude, eductated, cold), Cartographer (Stoic, pained, distant) and Doc (Talkative, underhanded, not to be trusted)

• Like 1

The next night, Smitty Cystongue had the same horrible dream, that his once great Cap'n had been transformed by the chaos realm into some gnarled horror.  He saw the Cap'n at the edge of his vision, twisted and scuttling.  He followed the fleeting glimpses deep into the night, stumbling in bare feet.  When he awoke, he was lying in a tidepool caked in mud.  He pushed himself up on his hands and knees and choked up foetid seawater.  When he was finally able to take in his surroundings, he found that he was in a coastal cave filled with gnawed bones and piles of corroded coins and valuables.  As he scanned the mold spattered cave walls, his eyes settled upon a miserable creature huddled into a hole in the wall.

IMG_2241.jpeg.b331df5f34f4bb2c799268ee6ce25ab9.jpeg

"What have they done to ye' Cap'n?" Smitty murmured, half to himself.  It said nothing in reply, but rose squirming from its hole, tentacles outstretched.  It raised a cutlass in one arm, and pistols in its other three.  A tentacle squirmed from underneath the its tattered greatcoat and, while Smitty stood transfixed, pressed itself into Smitty's forehead.  Suddenly, he could feel the creature's will.  It was no horror, it was the same noble Cap'n that he knew afore; the same Ca'n Grog that he would've followed to the realm's edge!  Smitty's heart swelled and his soul was lifted.  He had found his Cap'n and was ready to adventure once again!

540818824_TheFlyingTallyman.jpeg.ef358ba9e2c62e6064b2420cfd0496f5.jpeg

The Flying Tallyman front.jpeg

Edited by Nacnudllah
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Rotmam stood on the deck of his war barge, the howling winds of the storm doing nothing more than forcing the saltwater to cover his bones and blow the spectral flames of his war helm in every direction. He was following a rather dubious lead on the location of one of the chests containing the multilated boy of his High King. Unfortunately, his efforts were being hindered indirectly by  the ****** vampire Isaak and his thralls. half of his soldiers were from the soulblight's mausoleums and crypts, as were two of his three priests. He needed a way to balance the scales in his favor.  "Thank the gods that he did not send any Morghasts with us." Rotmam muttered as he walked towards his war room, and his retinue.  While walking an old memory came unbidden into his head, of stories told by the more...awake soldiers of Kendri when his people first arrived. Stories of exiled priests and zealous assassins; the key part of the story though, was that the king and queen had confirmed the truth behind each one. If he had lips, Rotmam's would've had one that could only be called "feral".

• 1 month later...

Sorry I've not been able to move more of the narrative along! Busy at work and my limited hobby time has been on terrain :/ - The new mercenary rules is really good news for my pirate army being fully table legal! Keep up the posting, these guys are all looking amazing.

I'd love to use some of these pictures to invite twitter and facebook to come join us...I'll ask directly for permission and it's cool if you want to say no :)

Edited by StoneMonk
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, StoneMonk said:

Sorry I've not been able to move more of the narrative along! Busy at work and my limited hobby time has been on terrain :/ - The new mercenary rules is really good news for my pirate army being fully table legal! Keep up the posting, these guys are all looking amazing.

I'd love to use some of these pictures to invite twitter and facebook to come join us...I'll ask directly for permission and it's cool if you want to say no :)

Great to have you back sir! You have my permission by the way as I don’t have a twitter account.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 11:10 AM, TheR00zle said:

Hey guys a quick question, does anyone have forbidden power? I was thinking maybe we could forge a narrative where our crews are going after a storm vault. What do you guys think?

I dig it.  My understanding is that the stormvaults range in size from a treasure chest to a whole city.  Could there be a whole city of ill-gotten gold concealed somewhere in these mortal realms?