Just starting- Beasts of Chaos units

benmoorepaintco

Hello all, I'm brand new to the game and the hobby. To start off, I picked up a start collecting beasts of chaos box (ungors, bestigors, ghorgon) and an extra box of ungors. Would it be better to split up my ungors into 10 regular and 10 raiders, or combine them into a unit of 20 ungors? I feel like having only one unit is limiting, but at the same time only having 10 guys per unit would make them really weak. 

This isn’t the place for this question btw. But on to it anyway, ungors aren’t very good themselves, the only place I see them is to be sacrificed for points at a herdstone. So I would keep a unit of 10 ungors in every game on top of the stone to be killed for points, the other 10 make raiders, once you expand your army further get some more raiders and a big blob of them can do some work. I have some beasts of Chaos and I’ll never make more melee ungors, I already have my unit of 10 to use as sacrificial points. 

Ungor Raiders are a very effective shooting unit so I'd definitely build 10 of them with bows. Melee Ungors aren't very offensive but they are a good tarpit/cheap screen - a lot of this effectiveness depends on the rest of your list. At a minimum having 10 as a cheap battle line unit/summoning fodder will always be useful so out of your first SC box building 10 as melee is probably a good idea as well. 

Archived