What armies have small numbers?

Ok so this is a weird question and kinda hard to explain. But I'm looking for factions that have small but strong numbers, I have too many huge hordes of battlelines and I like less. For example, the Troggoths have Rockgut Troggoths as their battle line (Unit of 3) and Skaven have Stormfiends. It's kind of hard to explain but I'm bored of using like 60 grots and would prefer much smaller, strong and cooler looking armies, especially battlelines. What factions have this or just any army examples? Thanks!

If you are looking strictly low model counts not caring for competitive.

Beastclaw Raiders are going to be your ultimate winner with maybe 15-20 models total at average max size.

Kahadron Overlords are also a fair low count if you go ship heavy.

More competitive choices: Ogres, Elite Stormcast, Idoneth Deepkin Eel spam, Troggoths, elite Beast of Chaos, Nurgle Blightking spam, Flesh Eater Courts Zombie Dragon and Terrorgheist spam.

How small a model count are you looking for?

Just now, King Taloren said:

If you are looking strictly low model counts not caring for competitive.

Beastclaw Raiders are going to be your ultimate winner with maybe 15-20 models total at average max size.

More competitive choices: Ogres, Elite Stormcast, Idoneth Deepkin Eel spam, Kahadron Overlords, Troggoths, elite Beast of Chaos, Nurgle Blightking spam. 

How small a model count are you looking for?

It doesn't have to be TOO small, just really bored of 40x units of battle line. I prefer to have slightly fewer but bigger/more detailed models I can spend more time individually on. Just I have a gloomspite army right now with 120+ models which are getting really boring and time consuming to paint. After like 5 grots I've had enough... not 60! But yeah it doesn't have to be as small as 15 but just smaller.

Well I’m not sure but if your looking for armies with small count of models I guess those armies would or can be taken for such a reason:

Beastclaw raiders,

Skaven skyre/moulder,

Stormcast, 

technically Gutbusters,

Ironjaws,

Everchosens,

Tzeentch Arcanites,

Karadron overlords,

Gloomspite Gitz (troggoths),

Legion of death (Nagash etc.) (deathlords, Soulblight),

Legion of Azgaroth (chaos dwarfs (those big guys, cannons etc.)),

Magotkin of nurgle (putrid blightkings, greater Daemons and those blightkings on flies),

Khorne (Bloodthirsters, Skullreapers, Skullcrushers, wart mongers),

theres probably more, so yeha I guess you could say the combination are endless. Most armies have a option of taking as few models as possible into an armie.

So I guess I would just go for the armie you like best if it comes down to it.

I would just go troggoth  heavy if I was in your position.  You already have the rest of the gitz so you can mix and match as you go, sometimes playing pure troggoth and other times just using them as part of a broader force (or not at all).  Starting  completely from scratch after a 120 model investment in gitz will also be disheartening

Archived