Forge World and tournaments

The Rumor thread has been talking about Forge World lately, and it got me wondering about something.  

For Matched Play tournaments, are Forge World pieces generally allowed?   Does your own local tournaments allow them?  How about the big ones like Adepticon, or LVO?  I've been trying to research this myself, but haven't gotten much info yet?

In the past FW was generally not allowed and was in general rarer. Today its more accepted and many of the bigger events have no problem at all with them. Smaller and local scale events might vary; however in general the divide between FW and GW has lessened in terms of perception of power and suchlike. Things like Knights and Superheavies in 40K were once FW only and rare to see; now GW has those models as standard in many armies. This means that armies in that game can deal with such models on the table, which opens the door to lots of the FW models which fit those criteria. 

In general most events will state in advance and if they don't its a quick email to find out. Some events might be picky on what is and isn't accepted, but overall I'd expect more acceptance today - esp for AoS. 

Archived