cant decide who to start haaaalllllp ples

zaharial

im between the deepkin and the night haunt. so background, i played fantasy as vampire counts, empire, woodelves, brettonia. i play 40k as well. this however is my first venture into aos, i could just upgrade my current undead and get nagash or some of the flesh eater stuff and that honestly is kind of appealing but i also want to start something new, truly new, and the deepkin are beautiful, also the night haunt are cool and sp00ky. so i come to you to help in deciding what to pursue first. ill probably get to the others some time down the road.

if i go deepkin ill probably make the akhelian battalion but with my wood elves stuff id also have enough to make the alliance of wood and sea which could be neat.

on the flip side there's the nighthaunt which would complement my current undead while also being a standalone army. with them i could run legion of night or just general sp00ky bois. with what i was looking at for them id be able to run the shroud guard, the chain guard, the execution horde, and the death stalkers id probably also grab lady olynder.

im sure ether way id be happy they are both cool armies that would keep me busy for a long time but i need to do one or the other and i just cant decide lol

Both are very good factions to run with. Nighthaunt has slightly more flexibility over Idoneth with how many other factions they can build into and synergies. Danse Macabre is one of the deadliest spells when combined with a good bit of the  Nighthaunt units. They are also the only other army that can deepstrike most of their forces anywhere on the table. And the desire to get the most of them with their long pre fight attack on charge does create a gamble.Though they preform even better with the Nagash’s main army. 

Idoneth are also a very strong army with one of the best shooting defenses in the game outside of Sylvaneth forest span.  If you can’t hide in forests just make it so only one thing can be shot. The allegiance abilities with the Tides are also a pretty strong mechanic, though you will find that playing to win turn three is often your strategy. (Though some will tell you the game is almost decided by turn 2)They are a fairly movement and positioning sensitive army, they are the fastest army in the game currently but with exception of Ishalen Guard and their unrendable save, most units are quite squishy with 4+ or 5+ saves and 6 bravery on just about everything. Just losing a few models can hurt if you roll a bad battleshock test.

Archived