Which Faction is next on the Chopping Block?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, AthelLoren said:

What? They merged? That's news to me! Everything makes a heckuva lot more sense now... As I said, newer player, never really kept up with the end times!

I thought it was closer to Alarielle absorbing Ariel, Alarielle is dominating Ariel if i remember correctly. the way i understood it was that Alarielle effectively ate Ariel.

15 hours ago, BalborBullguts said:

KO? more like oathbreaker wazzocks

Tell that to Barak Thryng.  And to be honest, look what old superstitions, grudgekeeping and stubborness did to wfb Dwarfs - shadows of their former selves, easily losing allies over petty matters. KO won't break agreements, because one of your soldiers insulted one of theirs - if your enterprise is profitable they will stay by your side.

29 minutes ago, xking said:

Is it true that old world dwarves would burn in Tire Villages down, over a few coins? 

I haven’t heard of such an event, but I mean technically there may have been a few Dwarfen empires who wanted those villages who didn’t pay their money back Burn.

Its similar to the stormcast, there are those guys who would help the civilians and other who’d just burn them or throw them as meathsields into the fray.

Skaven are probably the only exceptions.

If you thought there are any good rat-man out there be assured, there aren’t.

they are all the same,

But don’t worry my friend you can still trust us,

Yes-yes

we are-are very trustworthy-loyal

1 hour ago, xking said:

Excluding the knights Excelsior( and some celestial vindicator) stormcast don't go around burning "civilians". And none of them view them as meat Shields. 

Yeah that meathsields thing slipped my tongue, you know typical skavenplayer😅.

as For burning Villages to the ground, we’ll sure it might only be a certain chamber or so, but still they are technically still part of the stormcast faction, 

but hey if you dislike the vindicators so much you wouldn’t even consider naming them, bring them to the under-empire, we really could use some undying slaves😉

3 hours ago, xking said:

Is it true that old world dwarves would burn in Tire Villages down, over a few coins? 

Dwarves once build a castle for humans, then during payment they realised that some (not much, 2-5) coins are missing. Humans tried to tell that it's misunderstanding and just a mistake in counting, but Dwarves already besieged that castle and razed it.

Clans were also known to murder descendants of a lineage ancestor that betrayed an oath to them, or in particularly grievous cases razed smaller settlements 

I don't imagine it would have happened to more important or fortified imperial holdings as that would start some sort of faction war but it does happen

1 hour ago, BalborBullguts said:

Clans were also known to murder descendants of a lineage ancestor that betrayed an oath to them, or in particularly grievous cases razed smaller settlements 

I don't imagine it would have happened to more important or fortified imperial holdings as that would start some sort of faction war but it does happen

Cause-the-ancestor-betrayed-an-oath.

Seems legit to me, cannot see the problem here.

🍻

2 hours ago, IneptusAstartes said:

Someone's salty about not having giant steampunk airships and prosperous cities in the clouds.

Let's stop on "prosperous cities". KO could say to their Dispossessed cousins "Oh, you had a chance to ally with those Aelves, defeat that Chaos army and survive, but you chose to keep your world-that-was grudges and reject their alliance offer, basically dooming yourselves? Congatulations, you played yourselves.".

39 minutes ago, BalborBullguts said:

Alright first some ground rules here - no touching of the face or beard, and no mockery of ancestors! 

Barak-Mhornar news team here. We can accept no face or beard, but your ancestors are hairless gnomes who ditched their oaths to defend us. 

4 minutes ago, rattila said:

So, should we talk here about the fact that there was no BCR and no Gutbusters in the survey, but a single choice of "Ogors"?

Honestly I was under a strong impression they'd be combined. Considering that they share the same iconic appearance and that Beastclaw Raiders basically only has one or two models to its name (most of its range is basically just variants of the same kit). I can see them being merged up with an option to take an all mammothriders army much like how several others can now take niche armies within a single Tome.

Also the Orruks (er orks) are combined up as well. This bodes well for destruction in all honesty. It means 2 Battletomes and the high chance of not losing any more models and the range is completed. It also means that it halves the number of armies that GW has to update with new releases which means more chance of more models for players. A Beastclaw Raider player will easily get access to new Gutbuster models and vis-versa which doubles their potential for new toys to play with and updated sculpts. It also broadens their potential collection as they can be encouraged to diversify into the other part of their army without suffering due to the alliance rules*. 

*whilst I use the word suffer its not really what I mean. The Alliance rules are very good for AoS as they preserve army integrity and appearance whilst letting them diversify at the same time. The lack of alliance rules in specific contexts, though, is very good for specific matchups and linkages between factions. 

Archived